Is anyone else stuck inside Chinese Democracy

wasted

It's such a shame it was so overlooked by the US and UK. It sold fine, not a failure by any means but it didnt get the attention that it deserves unfortunately. It is by far the best album I have ever heard, not my favorite, but the best.

Rock/metal isn't as mainstream in the UK. It's pretty hard to find anything harder than Oasis on daytime radio. Metal seems almost underground compared to the US. The fans are still there it's just not represented in the media. Iron Maiden must be huge in UK, but you will never here a Maiden song on the radio ever. It's all RNB and pop.

Muse and King of Leons are huge.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

arhh I love reading wasted's posts, such a poetic but haunting symphony about it. Keep up the great work, and this is definately the best thread of the month so far.

It's such a shame it was so overlooked by the US and UK. It sold fine, not a failure by any means but it didnt get the attention that it deserves unfortunately. It is by far the best album I have ever heard, not my favorite, but the best.

Rock/metal isn't as mainstream in the UK. It's pretty hard to find anything harder than Oasis on daytime radio. Metal seems almost underground compared to the US. The fans are still there it's just not represented in the media. Iron Maiden must be huge in UK, but you will never here a Maiden song on the radio ever. It's all RNB and pop.

True but they are quite poppy. I like the Kings of Leon record. Neither are Death Magnetic heavy. ITW is only song I could see playing on UK daytime everyday.

True but they are quite poppy. I like the Kings of Leon record. Neither are Death Magnetic heavy. ITW is only song I could see playing on UK daytime everyday.

I see what your saying, UK is huge on pop. Lady Gaga is a god there.

"Madagascar" going into "This I Love" is just an amazing back to back listen

It's like how can the album continue after Madagascar? You have to drop down into something like TIL, which sets up Prostitute. Are these the sides of the vinyl - CD, Shackler's, Better, SOD. S2 - ITW, TWAT, Cacther. S3 - Scraped, Riad, Sorry, IRS S4 - Madagascar, TIL, Pros?

sort of makes CD, ITW, Scraped, Madagascar the singles. epic variety there.

Edited by wasted

I listen to Chinese Democracy during my workouts. I wouldn't say I'm trapped tho. I listen to Godsmack, Powerman 5000, Rob Zombie, Disturbed and Rev Theory too. I'll admit that CD is a very "involved" album. Even during slow tracks like SOD or ITW or even TIL, I feel upbeat. There's just so many sounds encased in that disc. Ain't nothin' better then Ab Crunches to the entire Shackler's track. Try it. You'll be fit ta burn!

I listen to Chinese Democracy during my workouts. I wouldn't say I'm trapped tho. I listen to Godsmack, Powerman 5000, Rob Zombie, Disturbed and Rev Theory too. I'll admit that CD is a very "involved" album. Even during slow tracks like SOD or ITW or even TIL, I feel upbeat. There's just so many sounds encased in that disc. Ain't nothin' better then Ab Crunches to the entire Shackler's track. Try it. You'll be fit ta burn!

Yea, Scraped, Riad, and IRS is awesome to work out to too.

Guest gunns5

nothing like bench pressing whilst scraped is being played in your ears. ' Nothings impossible I am unstoppable' you always can push 1 more out when you have that line blasting into your ears.

Guest ben9785

It's like how can the album continue after Madagascar? You have to drop down into something like TIL, which sets up Prostitute. Are these the sides of the vinyl - CD, Shackler's, Better, SOD. S2 - ITW, TWAT, Cacther. S3 - Scraped, Riad, Sorry, IRS S4 - Madagascar, TIL, Pros?

Yeah it is, all those songs have good potential and shows the variety of the album

I'd say "This I Love" would also be very popular but on second thought i wouldn't want that to become a single for the risk of getting picked up for a rubbish vampire movie or teen love film

CD is the perfect treadmill record, I was trying to program the slopes so that they matched the songs but ended up slogging up a sharp incline on Catcher. CD, Shackler's, getting all the frustration of having to be at the gym in the first place, then Better is really about all those health experts that tricked you into this. Then you've got Street of Dreams, you hitting your stride thinking maybe it's enjoyable, like being a hamster isn't that bad, ITW is the perfect track to glance at the chick on the next machine in conveinent wall mirrors, probably knackered by TWAT so dreaming of taking a speedboat ride, Catcher's I'm definitely thinking about deep frying a Subway's roast beer extra cheese, extra mayo, hold the salad. Scraped kicks in and I get my second wind, other guys are dropping off like flies, they were running, I was walking, who's winning now, eh? I catch a glimpse of CNN on the monitor, maybe being in a gym isnt as bad as the Iraq war, I'm even more motivated to drive on to victory. Everyone else has left the gym and Sorry envelopes me, it's like audio painkiller and at this point my calfs are seizing up and I've lost the feeling in my left leg, it ends as the most inspiring song of all-time comes on, Madagascar, if MJ Fox can make it, so can I. maybe it matters more than I even know, only a pussy would quit now. Or a really hot chick, cue This I Love, all this agony must be worth it and it sure sounds like it is. Very close to no motion at the end of solo. But that drum loops finds something in my ankles, keep them moving you can pull this off, some righteousness, it's only morally right thing to do now, cross the line, fight through the burn, as the intro plays, pull the stop cord and slide off that that evil machine. After a quick towel off, exit into the street with CD intro, it's always on repeat.

Edited by wasted

I think it has held up well. I still find myself going back to listen to certain songs depending on what mood I'm in. I feel like each song stands on its own. It has the rock stuff like "Chinese Democracy" "Shackler's" "Better" "Scraped" and "Riad" "Sorry" "Prostitute" then you have the good ballads and good songwriting on "Street of Dreams" "Catcher In The Rye" "Madagascar" "This I Love" and then the ambient stuff like "If The World" and "TWAT." And I think "IRS" is a great song too kind of a ballad and a rocker . I also didn't really listen to any songs before they were released, so they were all very new when I heard them. I had only heard a few of the songs live in '06, but that was about it. I love it when they play the Chinese Democracy stuff live too.

Edited by Casual

I think it has held up well. I still find myself going back to listen to certain songs depending on what mood I'm in. I feel like each song stands on its own. It has the rock stuff like "Chinese Democracy" "Shackler's" "Better" "Scraped" and "Riad" "Sorry" "Prostitute" then you have the good ballads and good songwriting on "Street of Dreams" "Catcher In The Rye" "Madagascar" "This I Love" and then the ambient stuff like "If The World" and "TWAT." And I think "IRS" is a great song too kind of a ballad and a rocker . I also didn't really listen to any songs before they were released, so they were all very new when I heard them. I had only heard a few of the songs live in '06, but that was about it. I love it when they play the Chinese Democracy stuff live too.

It's a bit like pinball, all those songs, the ball is just ricocheting around, that's why don't get bored of it I guess. CD, SOD, ITW were really great when I saw them, they stepped it up since Leeds 2001.

Yeah it is, all those songs have good potential and shows the variety of the album

I'd say "This I Love" would also be very popular but on second thought i wouldn't want that to become a single for the risk of getting picked up for a rubbish vampire movie or teen love film

I remember a comment about ITW should be before SOD, making Dreams a single. ITW is the ballad for the 21 st century. So it gets my vote.

always enjoy listening to cd, its fucking epic and street of dreams is my favorite right now

SOD has grown on me, The Blues for me was a biy UYI. Still good but didn't grab me, SOD seems to take all the elements and turn them into sound bites with this metallic edge, it's the lick and the drums that I really like, makes me want to break stuff. The way they are onstage with this song seeing the guitarists really getting to is awesome.

Guest gunns5

wow that guitar outro on S.O.D just brings so much fucking emotion out in me its incredible.

Every little song has nuggets in it just waiting to be discovered, its like while your waiting for something to happen, a part of the song just comes to the foreground out of no where and slaps you in the face as if your taking your daily morning scroll in a dusty country town in the middle of nowhere, and you turn a corner and you suddenly bump into a beautiful woman you've never seen before and she just makes your day that little bit better. You dont go looking to find that in these songs, it finds you when you are least taking notice.

wow that guitar outro on S.O.D just brings so much fucking emotion out in me its incredible.

Every little song has nuggets in it just waiting to be discovered, its like while your waiting for something to happen, a part of the song just comes to the foreground out of no where and slaps you in the face as if your taking your daily morning scroll in a dusty country town in the middle of nowhere, and you turn a corner and you suddenly bump into a beautiful woman you've never seen before and she just makes your day that little bit better. You dont go looking to find that in these songs, it finds you when you are least taking notice.

best description of that song ive ever heard haha

some of these songs are great to walk around a city to. The Fragile was similar, but you have to watch out for traffic at crossings, look both ways. I nearly bought it the other day, I stepped out with headphones, a truck just grazed my face, it was like Trains, planes and automobiles.

Yes. Every album I've listened to since (either old or new) while giving me a refreshing change and an initial buzz has got boring almost immediately after the first listen. Chinese Democracy has set new standards for me. Maybe there is subliminal messages through shredding guitars.

Yes. Every album I've listened to since (either old or new) while giving me a refreshing change and an initial buzz has got boring almost immediately after the first listen. Chinese Democracy has set new standards for me. Maybe there is subliminal messages through shredding guitars.

Yeah, i agree, i've don't usually get many albums, but CD has been in heavy rotation since the 22nd of november 2008 since it arrived.

I do sometimes get an album, such as re-listening to The Darkness, Aerosmith, getting into the Ramones, the Clash, even Bumble's album (Normal) but they've had maybe 1 month of straight listening, but i dont get the urge to listen to them that much anymore, where as chinese is always on in the morning while i'm getting dressed, in the car on the way to school, when i feel like shit (Scraped) when i feel great (Scraped) haha and its just a great album.

If everyone's out of the house, its always my first choice as to which album to blast at 30 and Shacklers/Better/Chinese completely kick ass on full volume!!

Perhaps the reason i really lve this album is because its the only album i've grew up waiting for, i'm 16, so in fairness there hasnt been many great albums, but generally i've gone backwards to the old classics, but with chinese, i've waited for 4 years for it, and its almost like 'my coming of age'' album.

Yeah, i agree, i've don't usually get many albums, but CD has been in heavy rotation since the 22nd of november 2008 since it arrived.

I do sometimes get an album, such as re-listening to The Darkness, Aerosmith, getting into the Ramones, the Clash, even Bumble's album (Normal) but they've had maybe 1 month of straight listening, but i dont get the urge to listen to them that much anymore, where as chinese is always on in the morning while i'm getting dressed, in the car on the way to school, when i feel like shit (Scraped) when i feel great (Scraped) haha and its just a great album.

If everyone's out of the house, its always my first choice as to which album to blast at 30 and Shacklers/Better/Chinese completely kick ass on full volume!!

Perhaps the reason i really lve this album is because its the only album i've grew up waiting for, i'm 16, so in fairness there hasnt been many great albums, but generally i've gone backwards to the old classics, but with chinese, i've waited for 4 years for it, and its almost like 'my coming of age'' album.

Why Scraped should be a single.

Hadn't thought of this Catcher as some kind of 'coming of age' song.