Robert Johnson

GUNSNROSES513

His voice was so eerie, and i have no idea how he played that stuff on guitar. It sounds like there are 2 or 3 guitars there at some points but its just him. I wish there was more known about him, i'm sure he lived one motherfucking interesting life....

Anyone else ever hear King of the Delta Blues? Its amazing, its so powerful but simple.

In Robert Plants own words "Robert Johnson is whom we owe all existence too".

His voice was so eerie, and i have no idea how he played that stuff on guitar. It sounds like there are 2 or 3 guitars there at some points but its just him. I wish there was more known about him, i'm sure he lived one motherfucking interesting life....

Anyone else ever hear King of the Delta Blues? Its amazing, its so powerful but simple.

In Robert Plants own words "Robert Johnson is whom we owe all existence too".

Yes, one of the all time greats.

Guest Len B'stard

Awww shit, now here's a thread i could spend the rest of my life in, Robert fuckin Johnson, my fucking hero...i love this fucking guy.

It basically begins and ends with this fucking guy...Son House too i suppose, Bukka White. But yeah, Robert Johnson, absolutely phenomenal. Sold his soul to the devil, did he not? :lol:

He is great. If you like him you should also check out these blues catts; Son House, James Elmore, Blind Willie Johnson, Mississippi Fred McDowell and Big Bill Broonzy. The later is good if you like the sound of one guitar player sounding like more then one person, he has a slight folk twist at times but still good.

Got a giant collection of old blues records.

Guest deleted_19765

To put it very simply, he was the best. The best singer, the best guitarist, and the best representative of delta blues at that time. He has that extra something that Patton and House and even Skip James (close as he is) do not have.

Do people really listen to this? Or do they just say they do to seem cool or hip or something?

meh.

I understand appreciating musical pioneers, but IDK whenever I listen to some really old music, like Robert Johnson, 70's punk, or something - I get bored quickly.

Do people really listen to this? Or do they just say they do to seem cool or hip or something?

meh.

I understand appreciating musical pioneers, but IDK whenever I listen to some really old music, like Robert Johnson, 70's punk, or something - I get bored quickly.

I listen to it, probably 2 or 3 songs a day. It can get boring, but if your a musician you hear music a different way and respect stuff in a different way. On top of the fact i do think its quality music.