STONE TEMPLE PILOTS: New Album To Be Streamed Via Amazon.com

Streetchild

Starting this week, Amazon.com will stream a new single from the upcoming self-titled STONE TEMPLE PILOTS album. Each week leading up to the release, a new single will be available for your listening pleasure.

A deluxe version of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' new self-titled album with expanded artwork and two bonus tracks will be available on the May 25 street date. Target will be given a CD/DVD version of the set with exclusive interview content, and Walmart will air an exclusive STP performance in stores and on its Soundcheck web site.

The group's self-titled sixth album, its first all-new effort since 2001's "Shangri-La-Dee-Da", arrives on May 25.

The self-titled effort features the following track listing:

01. Between The Lines

02. Take A Load Off

03. Huckleberry Crumble

04. Hickory Dichotomy

05. Dare If You Dare

06. Cinnamon

07. Hazy Daze

08. Bagman

09. Peacoat

10. Fast As I Can

11. First Kiss On Mars

12. Maver

The disc will be issued through Atlantic Records, although Weiland told The Pulse of Radio at the time of the band's 2008 reunion tour that he was interested in exploring other options outside the traditional music industry. "When we first talked about putting STP back together, it was do this tour and then see about doing a creative deal with another company, like an all-in deal," he said. "And, you know, if you look at even like RADIOHEAD and a handful of other bands, they make more money doing things in an unconventional fashion as opposed to doing it, you know, with the major labels."

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS reunited in 2008 after a six-year layoff. The band's last album, "Shangri-La-Dee-Da", came out in 2001.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will be featured on VH1's "Friday Night Alright" concert series on Friday, May 21 at 11:00 p.m. The performance footage was filmed on March 27, 2010 at Chicago's Riviera Theatre.

"Friday Night Alright" is described as a music fan's passport to first-class rock and pop music concerts in HD from around the world.

"'Friday Night Alright' [is] the premiere destination for concerts on television — a different show featuring an A-list artist every week, driven by the excitement of arm-waving, foot-stomping audiences," said Ben Zurier, Executive Vice President, Program Strategy for VH1. "The series literally covers the globe to present the best artists, and the best-produced concerts."

According to Billboard.com, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS has several TV appearances lined up around its new album's release — including NBC-TV's "Late Show With David Letterman" (May 19) and ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" (May 25) — and it's scheduled for Howard Stern's Sirius Satellite Radio show May 18.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139054

http://www.amazon.com/Stone-Temple-Pilots/e/B000ARC4TI

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for Friday Night Alright, we finally get a good (i.e. better quality than Buenos Aires) proshot from the post-reunion STP.

Won't be listening to any more of the studio tracks though, I'm waiting to pop it on my turntable. The 4 we've heard live plus the album version of BTL is enough to tide me over.

Walmart will air an exclusive STP performance in stores

Maybe I'll push my way past the fat sows shopping for bargain Dunkeroos and tube socks to check it out.

:lol: I went back into a Wal-Mart last night for the first time in quite a while, and I was literally disgusted. Just by all of it. I was so uncomfortable that I left the store and traveled further to Target.

VERY Talking Heads sounding.

Yeah, good call. But shockingly bad track. :shocked:

Between The Lines the better of the 2, but faint praise. They wrote this album entirely without Scott's input, he was nowhere around. Way disappointed so far...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/scott_weiland_and_stp_worked_apart_on_album.html

Edited by Turn_It_Up

They wrote this album entirely without Scott's input, he was nowhere around.

Plenty of great STP songs were written and arranged without Scott, this is just the first time a whole album was conceived that way.

I have the utmost faith in the DeLeos, they always bring their A-Game. It's Scott who can sometimes slack off.

Anyway, these are two wacky songs and I can see how people would be disappointed. I kind of love them.

VERY Talking Heads sounding.

Yeah, good call. But shockingly bad track. :shocked:

Between The Lines the better of the 2, but faint praise. They wrote this album entirely without Scott's input, he was nowhere around. Way disappointed so far...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/scott_weiland_and_stp_worked_apart_on_album.html

Hickory dickhotomy is really embarrassingly bad. I feel so uncomfortable during the verses, stupid lyrics, meaningless little twang.

The thing that bugs me the most in the song is the section before the chorus where Scott adds this unnessary "Aaalriaight!!!"

this song just rubs me the wrong way in a musical and listening sense.

"Bagman honey!"

Kind of cool. Kind of weird. Kind of Mighty Joe Young. Kind of Libertad (especially in the breakdown "there was a dream..."). I hope the best is yet to come because they're all sort of tame in that Libertad way...

Tame is a great word to describe what we've heard so far. This song lacks balls. Its kinda cool and chill, but its just missing something. Sad to think BTL is the heaviest song thus far.

I'm a very big fan of Stone Temple Pilots. I've been following the band for years. As far as musicianship and songwriting skills go, I believe this band to be one of the greatest American Rock N' Roll bands of the 1990s. Yet, I will not lie. The songs that I've heard so far from their new self-titled album have not impressed me at all. I sincerely hope I am wrong in the hope that the album will captivate me in the same way that previous STP albums have seduced me (so to speak).

I just feel...underwhelmed...

I'm a very big fan of Stone Temple Pilots. I've been following the band for years. As far as musicianship and songwriting skills go, I believe this band to be one of the greatest American Rock N' Roll bands of the 1990s. Yet, I will not lie. The songs that I've heard so far from their new self-titled album have not impressed me at all. I sincerely hope I am wrong in the hope that the album will captivate me in the same way that previous STP albums have seduced me (so to speak).

I just feel...underwhelmed...

pretty well summed up indy.

I'm strangely attracted to these songs and I wasn't expecting to be.

There's kind of a vibe where bands were doing that mid 80's crossing over from the punk-side to the darker side of

drugs n dregs LA-esque rock scene about them.

So far... I'm in.