STONE TEMPLE PILOTS: New Album To Be Streamed Via Amazon.com

Streetchild

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a very big fan of Stone Temple Pilots. I've been following the band for years. As far as musicianship and songwriting skills go, I believe this band to be one of the greatest American Rock N' Roll bands of the 1990s. Yet, I will not lie. The songs that I've heard so far from their new self-titled album have not impressed me at all. I sincerely hope I am wrong in the hope that the album will captivate me in the same way that previous STP albums have seduced me (so to speak).

I just feel...underwhelmed...

Sometimes you need to hear the songs in the context of a whole album to really get where they are going...

I'm really digging this one. Hickory Dichotomy wasn't terrible, Bagman wasn't really my thing, and Between The Lines was awesome until it got overplayed. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the album.

Having listened once, I think it's a solid enough album, but not all of the songs are as accessible/immediate as STP is generally known for. Recalls more of their later, "experimental" stuff rather than the early singles they were always pumping out. Weiland sounds like he's doing more of a Bowie/'70s rock thing...I'll need to listen again before I make a judgment. I think the one thing I definitely don't like is the production.

Am I the only one who likes these songs? Bagman isnt that great but BTL is good and Huckleberry Crumble rocks. No one else is digging this sort of bluesy stuff Deleo is doing on the guitar?

Just got the full leak. Ill get back to you on what I think when Im done with it

Edited by bt88

Am I the only one who likes these songs? Bagman isnt that great but BTL is good and Huckleberry Crumble rocks. No one else is digging this sort of bluesy stuff Deleo is doing on the guitar?

Anyone find a full leak yet?

It leaked. There's a New Zealand radio station streaming the album and someone must have ripped it.

The songs are killer! Just exploding with creativity everywhere :wub:

" Take a risk and listen to the radio, click your heels at the bi-polar disco. " First Kiss on Mars

I really like this song, lol. Insanely catchy.

Cinnamon is indeed very likable.

Enjoyed Take a Load Off, but I need to listen to the more harder songs some more.

Edited by MoonWalker