New Album?

DethRose

Every post I read talks about how people wouldn't be surprised if a new album was coming out soon due to all the "buzz" around about it. Ive tried looking though a tonne of the posts and don't see any information that proves at all that a new album is coming out anytime in the near future. What is all this supposed buzz that is making everyone think there is a new album coming out?

Its all speculation, dont expect much and you wont be disheartened. See, if I dont expect an album and they dont release one, I now have the right to have a high nose. If they do, then im surpised and happy. I suggest everyone take this path.

You've got people reading a LOT into band members comments about recording, a tweet the mentioned the taking care of some "business" and a few people claiming to have inside "sources" - basically people are really grasping at straws. Then a supposed instrumental leak on another board - people feeding on the rumors. I don't get why people can't just enjoy the band touring right now. I'd love a CD as much as the next fan but I don't think that's the focus at the moment.

My inside source at interscope says no one has been in the studio for a Guns record since Chinese Democracy and the only material for release handed to the company was CD and NO other material.

Apparently there are some scraps left over from CD, but nothing close to what would be considered 'finished' pieces according to Axl's standards.

My source is as credible as anyone else's on here claiming they heard a new album was in the works.

Ya I totally agree. Last album took so long I'm not gonna get any hopes up for a new one. If a new one totally comes out of the blue I will be pleasantly surprised!

Me too. But it's the same people that said CD would come out every year since 2001 that think a new album is on it's way now.

And now they say "Why would Axl hire DJ Ashba and go on tour if he's not planning on releasing another album soon?". Those naive, little boys... :rofl-lol:

I think you are naive if you believe that Axl only recorded one album. Dexter said (on this board) that he's always seen CD as a double album, and then he made a remark about Bat Times and Bat Stations.

Edited by ITW 2012

Well...I hope that the album is to be released SOON because someone took one of my demos, posted it as a leak on Youtube and now a poster named "ARC" is claiming that it's "The General" and that it's GnR playing, that he even has a version of it with Axl singing on it and that I'm a liar...

I mean wtf ? This is insane...

There's no wonder why the band does not want to deal with us anymore :rofl-lol:

The "info" we have so far are nothing but bullshit "insiders" claiming to have heard something somewhere by someone "in the know".

Seriously, how many times have we heard shit like this before? It's hilarious, that people still believe this kind of stuff. It's ridiculous, too, that there are still so many idiots who come around with these kinda stories... :rolleyes:

I think it's becoming a clear case of collective Folie à Deux.

Someone said, someone heard, and now we're all waiting for it.

Sure, it would make sense, some signs are pointing in that direction, and most of us would love it if it eventually happened, but still...

when the band did the 'secret gigs' in the time between Canada-SA, Axl hit the clubs pretty hard and apparently mentioned to a few 'big' people that he was recording for the new album. he (direct quote) "Has something to prove" this time.

That wasn't a direct quote from HIM, that's what the NY Post said. They always post a bunch of bullshit from "sources" that amount to nothing. They're very tabloid-ish...definitely do not take whatever they say as written in stone.

to be fair Axl is the head guy in the band right? and any time the subject of multiple albums was brought up he said that it was part of the plan so now people are getting curious is all.

the whole "axl was in a hotel near universal = new record" and "axl said to a clubber in nyc he had something to prove = a new record" is a bit silly but its a forum and who can say for certain why he was there?

for the record -zing- i think the only pleasant surprises round the corner are music videos and tour announcements in the uk and the states. chinese has a few good miles left and after the fucking labour that was that albums creation i doubt axls about to move on to round 2 just yet, thats all still on the cards for the future though.... :krider:

any1 who thinks the band is working on a new album now is a idiot.

the whole point of taking this time off until June is for the band members to rest and see their families.

i'm sick of these "Axl should take the guys to play this song at this show" or "Atlas Shrugged should be the single cuz i like the name."

i have alot of ideas too for the new band, and mine are as unreleastic as everyone else here's too. but that does not mean i make a new thread about every singe idea.