Axile on Main St.

ITW 2012

Do you think it would be a good idea for Axl and the boys to cover a Stones tune on Fallon? Jimmy has got a Stones week coming up to celebrate the re-release of the Stones legendary Exile on Main Street album and I was thinking that it would be cool if Axl and the boys showed up to play a song. It would be a nice sort of low key thing that would get the band some much needed exposure in the US. Plus, I think it would be fucking awesome to hear Axl sing Happy or Tumbling Dice. Axl always brings it whenever he covers a Stones tune.

Edited by ITW 2012

Catcher in the Rye seems perfect for NY.

If they built a fort in NYC before/after tour they could get some contacts on NY radio stations get it in rotation, get a video made, play some extra club dates, then build up their profile in the city til they can play Giants Stadium. First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin.

They should do Keys To Your Love while Fallon skips round the studio in a tutu waving a wand.

Or thrown in a curve ball and play Whole Lotta Rosie and bring the fucking house down.

Edited by plonker88

• 2 weeks later...

It's too bad Axl is so filled with shame that he is afraid to appear on TV.

lol keith urban

It disgusts me that they've had Urban and Green Day covering The Stones. Talk about unworthy.

They haven't announced who's performing on Friday. In my world Axl and Izzy would walk out with Mick, Keef, Charlie and Mick Taylor.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/episode-guide/index.shtml

Edited by ITW 2012

It's too bad Axl is so filled with shame that he is afraid to appear on TV.

lol keith urban

It disgusts me that they've had Urban and Green Day covering The Stones. Talk about unworthy.

They haven't announced who's performing on Friday. In my world Axl and Izzy would walk out with Mick, Keef, Charlie and Mick Taylor.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/episode-guide/index.shtml

Keith Urban knocked "Tumbling Dice" out of the park!

Good stuff.

my youtubes is much slowlier today. it might take me a few hours to see this.

i got Keith Urban and John Legend mixed up...it seems ok from the first 5 sec clip i've got.

maybe Guns should do this.

Edited by wasted