Risk VS St.Anger

American Psycho

Risk, it is a great album in my opinion and it should be compared to Load and Reload as Mustaine only made it after he criticised Metallica over those albums and Lars accused him of not taking risks.

St. Anger has 2 good songs in my opinion, but I could enjoy listening to Risk any day.

I might be the only one here but personally I think St. Anger is better then Death Magnetic

No you're not. I personally don't like St. Anger, but I absolutely despise Death Magnetic.

I can't believe all the negative things I hear people say about Death Magnetic! Personally I think it is one of Metallica's best albums. I can listen to the entire CD without the urge to skip through any of the tracks (well sometimes Unforgiven III gets skipped).

As far as the poll goes I can't answer that yet. St. Anger was just okay. I don't dislike it but it is clearly my least favorite Metallica album. It just doesn't sound like Metallica to me. I still pop it in from time to time though.

The only song from Risk that I've heard is Crush 'Em. I actually ordered Risk online last week and it just got delivered so after I give it a few listens I'll be able to give my answer.

They're both bad albums. I kinda applaud what Metallica tried to do with St. Anger, but the songs themselves were below an acceptable standard of writing from a band of their magnitude...

Risk is one of the few Megadeth albums I can't tolerate. Crush 'Em is awful... :confused: Breadline is maybe it's only redeeming song.

They're both bad albums. I kinda applaud what Metallica tried to do with St. Anger, but the songs themselves were below an acceptable standard of writing from a band of their magnitude...

Risk is one of the few Megadeth albums I can't tolerate. Crush 'Em is awful... :confused: Breadline is maybe it's only redeeming song.

Breadline is one of my favourite Megadeth songs and should have been a huge hit for them.

Risk by an absolute mile. The songwriting on Risk absolutely smokes the songwriting on St Anger. Songs like Time, Wanderlust, Breadline and Ecstacy are awesome. Great lyrics too. I compare that album to chinese democracy alot, in that it attempted to blend in many many styles and sounds. St Anger not only had boring song structures, bad drums and bad lyrics, but the production was absolutely terrible. I've heard band demos that sound bettter. I know that was their intent but i know bands that gotten better sound out of an 8 track. No solos and boring riffs hurt for the most part.

Risk was a great album, its just that it wasn't really a Megadeth album. If you check it out and remove the idea of thrashy speed metal riffs, you will like a few songs on there for sure. Im glad Mustaine put that album out. Unfortunately due to its reception, he won't do another album like that again. I can hear some influences from that album on Endgame though, mainly on "the hardest part of letting go".

I never want to hear either one ever in this life or the next.

.................Is the correct answer!

Pushed between death and torture, I'd choose "Risk" but my god, two bloody awful albums.

I am biased though, I'm the only person on the planet who thinks Metallica only made 2 and a half good songs in their lifetime.

Megadeath on the other hand (apart from Risk) are a very good 'band'.

The only good album from Metallica is '' Kill Em All '' rest is bullshit.

Peace Sells...But Whos Buying is one of if not the greatest thrash metal album ever made.

Death Magnetic is a great album! but its awfull compared to Endgame.

Can't wait to see Megadeth & Metallica & Anthrax & Slayer live!

:xmasssanta: