Enough with the should Gnr cover (fill in the blank) song.

gnr-dave

Why do people keep bringing up gnr covering so and so song be it live or in studio.

NO NO NO NO, this band is already a cover band of Gnr 1.0 and gnr 2.0 lets not cover non gnr songs.

This band needs their own identity.

Start writing your own songs and playing those. Stop the madness of adding cover songs to their set or playing late night shows or what ever and doing cover songs.

Its a joke, this band needs to be playing their own stuff

I aint into micro managing what they play so I am going with the... I am glad they are playing anything and anywhere shtick, cause I am, in fact some covers are amazing live and people want to see them.

Should we have a new thread about each song, no of course not but I think the covers are cool myself

Hmmm - I know what you mean, but if you look back at the history of Gn'R there have always been covers. I enjoy cover songs at gigs!

If you think about it the only releases without cover songs are AFD & CD....and I suppose LLAS.

R.

I aint into micro managing what they play so I am going with the... I am glad they are playing anything and anywhere shtick, cause I am, in fact some covers are amazing live and people want to see them.

Should we have a new thread about each song, no of course not but I think the covers are cool myself

How is it cool when they are playing covers and not even songs from the latest album? It just goes to show this band really is a cover band and not an actual band.

How can anyone take t hem seriously when they are playing more covers than their own material from CD?

If you include the covers they are playing as guitar and piano solos, they are playing at least 6 or 7 covers every show. That is awful.

Hmmm - I know what you mean, but if you look back at the history of Gn'R there have always been covers. I enjoy cover songs at gigs!

If you think about it the only releases without cover songs are AFD & CD....and I suppose LLAS.

R.

LLAS had two covers, nice boys and mama kin.

And yes gnr always played covers but they always play a ton of songs off their current album, something that is not happening with CD.

And the covers they are playing now is fine, my point is if you are going to add more songs to the set list, dont play anymore cover songs play Gnr songs.

Hell even add UYI songs but not songs that no one in this band wrote not even Axl.

Would you rather them add a stones song to the set list or something like civil war or perfect crime even.

Edited by gnr-dave

Someone missed their morning coffee.

I doubt anyone outside these boards is 1) looking at the setlist and 2) complaining about there being too many covers so the idea of "people not taking them seriously" is not a big deal unless you want to count 4 or 5 internet fans as a valid majority.

I dig it, who is with me?

Edited by plonker88

How is it cool when they are playing covers and not even songs from the latest album? It just goes to show this band really is a cover band and not an actual band.

How can anyone take t hem seriously when they are playing more covers than their own material from CD?

If you include the covers they are playing as guitar and piano solos, they are playing at least 6 or 7 covers every show. That is awful.

R.

And yes gnr always played covers but they always play a ton of songs off their current album, something that is not happening with CD.

And the covers they are playing now is fine, my point is if you are going to add more songs to the set list, dont play anymore cover songs play Gnr songs.

Hell even add UYI songs but not songs that no one in this band wrote not even Axl.

Would you rather them add a stones song to the set list or something like civil war or perfect crime even.

If you look at some of the last shows on the UYI tour they played a near enough 1:1 ratio of covers to UYI songs, then you have to consider that two of those UYI songs were covers themselves. . . .

BTW, i do agree that they should play more CD on this tour.

Sorry, I meant Lies without the LLAS songs.

They're playing what people want, surely? I'm not seeing them on this tour until August - but I know for a fact on previous tours the crowd has gone wild for AFD material, and not so much for CD. That said, CD has now been released - I'm not sure how much this has changed. When I saw Oasis on the last four tours they played 4, maybe 5 songs from the album that they were touring with, yet the majority of the material came from Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory.

And yes gnr always played covers...

It amazes me how people are so quick to say that this band isn't Gn'R - yet people compare the ways of old to the ways of new and say there is no correlation.

R.

1. Guns N' Roses can't cover its own songs. Lets get that out of the way.

2. Cover songs can be fun

3. Why take a setlist so seriously? If you are a fan of the band, enjoy the fact that they are TOURING and stop worrying about such small details.

4. If it sounds good, who gives a shit?

This clown is such a cupcake.

Obviously

Guest Apollo

He is always bitching and moaning about the new band and trying to make it seem like everybody feels the same way. Its pathetic. If you feel they are a joke, dave, then don't go see them live. Pretty simple.

Like the one poster said, 3-4 axl haters on this forum does not constitute "everybody."

Also, I've got a great idea. Since this is Axl's band......and all the band members are adults.....they can choose to play whatever songs they want!!!!! It isn't your band Dave. They aren't trying to please somebody who continually cries and whines about what they are doing. I go to a concert to ENJOY THE SHOW....not cry about the set list. Bottom line - if u don't like the band, if u don't like the songs they choose to play - don't support them. Go support a band that you like.

But continually whining about them, the juvenile idiotic "cover band" and "gnr 2.0" comments are just fucking pathetic. Slash just put out a kick-ass solo album, you should be happy!!!!!

I love all the people that claim I am a cupcake for this thread.

What did I say that makes me a cupcake?

That gnr should play less covers and more UYI or CD songs?

And that makes me a cupcake? Really? Chaos one of my biggest critics even said I was not trolling.

Some people on this board dont even know what a cupcake is. I love how some people think its better this band plays other bands songs like RS than play gnr songs from UYI or CD.

You said GNR of 2010 was covering Appetite and Use Your Illusions. Therefore your thread is illogical and you know it (hence you're a cupcake), in your eyes, GNR will always cover all of the songs they're playing until they come up with a new album written by all the current band members.

You said GNR of 2010 was covering Appetite and Use Your Illusions. Therefore your thread is illogical and you know it (hence you're a cupcake), in your eyes, GNR will always cover all of the songs they're playing until they come up with a new album written by all the current band members.

Care to quote me on that?

Edited by gnr-dave

I love people that bash me and cant even read my posts LOL

Do people even READ what I said?? Let me make it simple for some of you.

The point of this thread is about FANS asking should gnr play MORE COVERS.

And MY POINT is they should NOT be asking for gnr to add COVERS but instead add MORE UYI OR CD SONGS.

And that is trolling how?

Edited by gnr-dave

Why do people keep bringing up gnr covering so and so song be it live or in studio.

NO NO NO NO, this band is already a cover band of Gnr 1.0 and gnr 2.0 lets not cover non gnr songs.

Start writing your own songs and playing those. Stop the madness of adding cover songs to their set or playing late night shows or what ever and doing cover songs.

I just did, no?

no more need for posting, thread has been figured out, you're welcome everyone!

Edited by gunsguy

I just did, no?

no more need for posting, thread has been figured out, you're welcome everyone!

I love how you take one line that was not even a part of the point of the thread and turn to turn it into that.

Its because YOU ARE A cupcake. Why not talk about the part where I said they should not be adding songs from another bands but instead adding songs from UYI or CD????

You see one little throw away sentence and dwell on that instead the point of the thread. Everyone but a few cupcakes in this thread skipped over that and actually talked about all the threads askign for gnr to cover some random song. You are the one and your cronies are the ones trying to turn another thread into a this is not gnr thread.

This thread is about, people should stop asking gnr to add more cover songs and instead add more UYI or CD songs.

So if you dont want to talk about that then kindly leave the thread, because that is what its about.

Edited by gnr-dave

There is hundreds of thousands by now that have seen them live and then there is dave, funny I only see one complaining about setlists. Even more funny is he never attended one show, lol. :rolleyes:

I have been to about 10 new gnr shows since 2002 how many have you been too?

Shit I donno Dave it was your first post in the thread you made. The way I see this thread is from that post is that Guns should be playing there own music (as in make some and play it) instead of as you put it covering either themselves or anyone else, is that not what your post implies? Perhaps I read your original post wrong then right?

Also Dave if you went to so many why complain about it? If I went to a movie and it was the "same" every time would I continue paying money to see it over and over? What show ya been to in 2009/10? Just wondering

anyway just re read your original thread again, you will see like we all do what you are up to, its the same shtick over and over with you...

I will not be responding anymore in this thread, pm me Dave if you have anything worth while to offer

Edited by gunsguy