Guns N' Roses : Trendy

Conor

I'm seeing a crazy amount of people wearing Guns N' Roses shirts these days. Not AFD shirts or bullet logo, but much less known ones. It's really weird, I see no other band shirts around these days, but everyone seems to be wearing a Guns N' Roses one. There's a place called River Island here, one of the biggest 'mainstream' clothes retailers, they've got two GN'R shirts in their range at the minute, and one with a Slash top hat.

Not only that, but I was in 'Next', another huge 'mainstream' clothes shop, and saw fuckin' GN'R socks! Not another band t-shirt or anything nearby, but GN'R socks, and a very GN'R style watch.

I want to know what's going on right now.

I never see people wearing GNR shirts (oh yeah I did once but it was a friend of my girlfriend so doesn't really count as she knew I was a big fan). However i always run with a GNR shirt, I have to tell you that I expect to do some promotion with this (most often I use my chinese democracy shirt), as I run on a highway with many cars going by and now and then people shout "AXL!!!" (as I wear a bandana and a boxer when it's hot), mostly truck drivers, it's always fun!

I'm with Conor here, I have seen alot more GN'R shirts around recently.

Usually I see alot more around summer time and I am not saying that by people wearing the shirts there are GN'R fans everywhere but it was nice to see.

Not the case in my area, the most common band shirts I see are AC/DC and Zeppelin. It's always the same basic ones too, either the simple Back in Black one for AC/DC or the Stairway one for Zeppelin. Nothing diverse.

There's a place called River Island here, one of the biggest 'mainstream' clothes retailers, they've got two GN'R shirts in their range at the minute, and one with a Slash top hat.

Their stuff is generally shite but they always do things like that just to be trendy. The ironic thing is that a lot of people will just by the shirts to look "cool" but actually know bugger all about the band. It's the same with Ramones shirts. So many folk wear them just to be trendy but they probably couldn't name a song by the band.

Not a whole lot of GN'R shirts down here, I have two GN'R shirts, depicting Axl Rose, and lots of people think they are awesome, but not a whole lot of people like Guns N Roses down here.

One of my friends wears a band shirt everyday, but he doesn't have a single GN'R shirt. People just think they are overrated, or they suck.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've been thinking about that as well. I often see people that wears a t-shirt with the bullet logo or AFD cross. Almost never saw one five years ago

I love challenging teenagers when they wear those shirts. I'm always like, so...you're into ____....and 99% of the time, they'll say yeah, but can't recall anything but that ONE hit single haha.

Edited by Nintari

Yeah,

They do sell a lot of GN'R tops in Next and River Island etc these days, however, its not really a GN'R thing, as opposed to a classic rock thing.

Next, River Island and Topman all sell GN'R, metallica, the stones, the doors, sex pistols t-shirts. 'Classic Rock' is now pretty trendy.

Next, River Island and Topman all sell GN'R, metallica, the stones, the doors, sex pistols t-shirts. 'Classic Rock' is now pretty trendy.

The thing is though that I saw a Stones t-shirt in Next, but other than that there were no band related clothes in any of those shops except for GN'R stuff.