Is Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal a Prodigy?

TheFormerSoul

The only reason Ron is in this band is because no one else wanted to join and put up with Axls BS.

Ron was Axls LAST choice. Everyone Axl tried to get turned him down expect for Ron. And of course Ron wouldnt turn him done, he can now whore out the Gnr name and try to make himself big.

So Axl is now stuck with him. Axl still wants BH back to this day and would take him back and drop wrong in a heartbeat, anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

BH is by far the best guitarists this band has ever and will ever have. Its a shame Axl dicked around for so long that he made BH leave.

Now we are stuck with Ron who butchers Slashs and BHs solos. Its really a shame all the talented this band had in 2000-2004 now we are just stick with left overs.

Izzy was not kidding when he said time went by and it became a joke

Not saying you're right or wrong, but how do you know all of this stuff?

He doesn't.

Dave's big schtick is that he likes to post as though his opinion is fact and everyone else's is wrong.

You may want to look at my sig. ;)

:rofl-lol:

But... I still don't know why Dave's here. He's a laughing stock.

I wish someone like Fernando, or even Axl, would come here and stop all this "Buckethead will replace Ron as soon as he wants to join the band" or "no one wanted to join GnR" bullshit.

The only laughing stock are people like you who dont know shit about this band.

And Axl would never come out and admit that if BH is not coming back. But make damn sure if BH said he wants to tour Ron would be gone.

I am sorry if you cannot handle the truth. There is a reason people keep quitting this band. Axl cant keep a set group because they dont want to put up with his antics.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but hasn't Axl worn a fucking Buckethead t shirt on this CURRENT TOUR?!!?

I think it's safe to say that he favors Buckethead over just about anyone else.

Someone said it was actually a Janis Joplin t-shirt. But everyone knows BH was Axls dream replacement.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but hasn't Axl worn a fucking Buckethead t shirt on this CURRENT TOUR?!!?

That was a Janis Joplin T-shirt. So, no.

No he is not

Do explain.

Well its obvious isn't it. He isn't a original GN'R guitarist. :rolleyes:

Dave is such a cupcake.

Fixed.

You are the cupcake, you do know I think buckethead is better than slash right?

And I have said this a few times already, so there goes your theory junior

Everyone knows I think BH is the best guitarist gnr has ever had.

Last time I checked he was not an original gnr guitarist now was he?

Edited by gnr-dave

That was a Janis Joplin T-shirt. So, no.

Really? It looked like BH to me..lol

Its not bullshit, its all true, and you know it is. You can try to deny it all you want but we all know Axl still wants BH back and he was trying to get him back all the way up until the hammerstein show.

You are a fool if you dont think Axl would drop Ron if BH said he wanted back in.

Axl isnt stupid, he knows what he has in BH. Robin left TWICE and Axl took him back.

Dont be stupid and think he would not take BH back.

You really are a fool and dont know shit about this band. You can believe what ever makes you sleep at night but you know I am right.

And denying makes you look like a jackass.

Answer this, if Axl was not trying to get BH back before the hammerstein gigs why did Ron join so late?

Why wasnt he at rehearals way before that like when Axl went on the eddie trunk show?

You cant answer that one can you? If Ron was always the guy he would have been there, he would not have joined just weeks before the gigs.

I would love to see you explain that one away. OH thats right you cant and wont.

It proves even more Ron was Axls last choice as a replacement and had to go with him because he had no one else.

What has Axl said to substantiate any of what you are saying? I've never heard any of it before from any of the band members or management.

I guess I'm asking for your sources, and not just conjecture.

Edited by Orsys

The only reason Ron is in this band is because no one else wanted to join and put up with Axls BS.

Ron was Axls LAST choice. Everyone Axl tried to get turned him down expect for Ron. And of course Ron wouldnt turn him done, he can now whore out the Gnr name and try to make himself big.

So Axl is now stuck with him. Axl still wants BH back to this day and would take him back and drop wrong in a heartbeat, anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

BH is by far the best guitarists this band has ever and will ever have. Its a shame Axl dicked around for so long that he made BH leave.

Now we are stuck with Ron who butchers Slashs and BHs solos. Its really a shame all the talented this band had in 2000-2004 now we are just stick with left overs.

He doesn't.

Dave's big schtick is that he likes to post as though his opinion is fact and everyone else's is wrong.

You may say that, but you post your "opinions" as facts, mainly by abusing people who dont agree with you.

He made them 10x worse since the parts he added didnt even fit the song, not to mention he ruined the CITR solo

Damn straight! A "prodigy" would never have ruined a perfect solo like he did. Ron's solos are just random, and soulless.

Ron's solo doesnt even fit the song. If Ron wasnt in gnr most of you wouldnt be making these claims.

Its just because he has gnr attatched to his name you all think he is a prodigy.

If he played in Velvet Revolver instead, they wouldn't have called him a prodigy, but the quite opposite.

He doesn't.

You may say that, but you post your "opinions" as facts, mainly by abusing people who dont agree with you.

That is funny, since you see the BS people post about my view on things, the name calling the and bitching and crying but course if you are defending Axl or Ron its ok to do those things.

He doesn't.

That is funny, since you see the BS people post about my view on things, the name calling the and bitching and crying but course if you are defending Axl or Ron its ok to do those things.

I wasn't really referring about that, well kinda in a way. You moan about people bitching about you and your "opinion," but then you negate any credibility you have by presenting your opinion as absolute fact. You may actually find that a lot more people would agree with some of your points if you did not bash them so much or make it so absolute that you are right. :shrugs:

And IN MY OPINION, BH butchered a lot of Slash solos with guitar wanking. You Could Be Mine being the perfect example. Ron seems to do a much better job.

Edited by hendo123456789

Besides...if Ron sucks so much ( and the whole band hates him, of course... :rolleyes: ) please explain why he gets to do all the most prestigious GnR solos ?

November Rain

Nightrain

WTTJ

KOHD ( btw, before you come back with your "he can't play KOHD that's why Dj plays it now" BS, just take a look at the Puerto Rico 2010 bootleg and realise that Dj isn't playing it anymore... )

SCOM

Don't Cry

plus most of Bucket's solos ( Chinese, Better, ITW, IRS, Prostitute, Bucket's solos on Scraped... )

If he sucked that bad, why wouldn't Axl give these solos to Dj or Richard ( who is a very capable guitarist ) ?

:sleeper:

Bumble is still a replacement for Buckethead. Up until 3 weeks before the gig, they practically were begging Buckethead to come back. After the 2006-7 tour, they started begging again up until the Asian tour kicked off.

If Buckethead called Axl today, he would be playing the next gig and Bumble would be back doing his own thing, whatever that is. This is known in the GnR circle no matter what is said publically about it.

Not that it will happen, GnR is dead for Buckethead, he actually wants it to be erased from his memories. Axl screwed up with that false statement against Buckethead after listening to the bullshit of his then management and band members. He hurt Buckethead a lot with that.

He could undo some of it by making another official statement and telling it the way it is, i.e. not Buckethead's fault and that Buckethead didn't use GnR for his own solo career (from day 1 Buckethead forbids GnR being mentioned in all promotions of his solo career, even when he was in the band). People surrounding Axl made up bullshit, he bought it without checking with Buckethead.

Axl did to Buckethead what Slash did to Axl...portrait him in a very negative way publically through different ways, which was all false.

Of the guitarists in the band now, Axl doesn't get goosebumps by any of them, in any way. They just do the job properly, that's it. But he got a kick out of Buckethead's playing and stage presence.

Bumble is still a replacement for Buckethead. Up until 3 weeks before the gig, they practically were begging Buckethead to come back. After the 2006-7 tour, they started begging again up until the Asian tour kicked off.

If Buckethead called Axl today, he would be playing the next gig and Bumble would be back doing his own thing, whatever that is. This is known in the GnR circle no matter what is said publically about it.

Not that it will happen, GnR is dead for Buckethead, he actually wants it to be erased from his memories. Axl screwed up with that false statement against Buckethead after listening to the bullshit of his then management and band members. He hurt Buckethead a lot with that.

He could undo some of it by making another official statement and telling it the way it is, i.e. not Buckethead's fault and that Buckethead didn't use GnR for his own solo career (from day 1 Buckethead forbids GnR being mentioned in all promotions of his solo career, even when he was in the band). People surrounding Axl made up bullshit, he bought it without checking with Buckethead.

Axl did to Buckethead what Slash did to Axl...portrait him in a very negative way publically through different ways, which was all false.

Of the guitarists in the band now, Axl doesn't get goosebumps by any of them, in any way. They just do the job properly, that's it. But he got a kick out of Buckethead's playing and stage presence.

Then answer how Ron was contacted in 2004 to audition. Was in contact with the GN'R camp for 18 months before he got the gig which included auditioning other guitarists aswell. If they were trying so hard to get him back then surely they wouldnt need all these auditions.

I'm not saying it isn't possible but I have yet to see any sort of evidence to support this, at all. Especially the idea of them calling him up before the Asia leg, I find that a bit laughable.

Then answer how Ron was contacted in 2004 to audition. Was in contact with the GN'R camp for 18 months before he got the gig which included auditioning other guitarists aswell. If they were trying so hard to get him back then surely they wouldnt need all these auditions.

Maybe: all the auditioning = plan B, in case Bucket refuse which he did?

Of course that is the reason why. They dont understand simple logic.

BH is THE guy Axl wants everyone else is plan B, C D or what ever.

They think if Axl really wanted BH back they would not have auditioned anyone then when BH didnt come back (which is what happened) they would have been empty handed.

Axl is always trying to get BH back, anyone who doesnt think otherwise doesnt know jack about this band.

Of course that is the reason why. They dont understand simple logic.

BH is THE guy Axl wants everyone else is plan B, C D or what ever.

They think if Axl really wanted BH back they would not have auditioned anyone then when BH didnt come back (which is what happened) they would have been empty handed.

Axl is always trying to get BH back, anyone who doesnt think otherwise doesnt know jack about this band.

0843176725.jpg

On another note, prove it. And I don't mean by spouting some variation of "It's obvious."

Edited by plonker88

Just a little ditty for a guy called gnr-dave....

He's used to hearing your criticisms. If you don't get it, then bad luck I guess.

And that is supposed to be melodic?

Its just Ron doing his mindless souless shredding.

That video makes my case not yours. Ron is a good shredder he cant play melodically and this proves it.

Thanks for proving my point.

Here is some food for thought. When BH was in the band, there was always debate about BH vs Slash and who is the better guitarist etc.

But with Ron no one even cares because its laughable to compare him to slash when slash is way better than Ron.

DJ is better at playing the stuff then Ron is.

NOTHING ron plays is soulful or has feeling.

BH,Slash, and DJ all play that way, that is why they are better.

Edited by gnr-dave

He's used to hearing your criticisms. If you don't get it, then bad luck I guess.

That video makes my case not yours. Ron is a good shredder he cant play melodically and this proves it.

Here is some food for thought. When BH was in the band, there was always debate about BH vs Slash and who is the better guitarist etc.

But with Ron no one even cares because its laughable to compare him to slash when slash is way better than Ron.

Did you listen to the slow blues solo at the end? It doesn't prove your point, David... it parodies it.

Blah blah blah blah, you missed the point. Listen to the lyrics or read them from the description. That song is written specifically for people like you.

That is a laughable statement which shows how horrendously biased you are in this debate. Really detracts from your credibility.

I still rank this as one of the all time great live moments of Guns N' Roses.

I'm not trolling just to push certain buttons, I honestly feel this way.

I actually think that Nightrain solo is better than Bucket's that everyone always bats on about. It captures the energy and urgency of the song so well. Freaking awesome.