Heaven & Hell Forced To Cancel European And UK Summer Appearances

Powerage5

Metal Legends HEAVEN & HELL have announced the cancellation of all planned appearances this summer in the UK and Europe, including their headline set at Bloodstock's 10th anniversary festival as well as appearances at Sonisphere in Switzerland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey.

The band have issued the following statement: "We have to announce that all forthcoming Heaven & Hell European shows have been cancelled as sadly Ronnie isn’t well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time.”

Stay tuned for further updates from the band.

In late March, KIAH-TV Houston has issued the following report from Steve Simon:

He's been called the "Grand Wizard Of Classic Rock" and a heavy metal icon, but for the past few months 67-year-old RONNIE JAMES DIO has been known as a cancer patient.

"Why come to Houston? It's the best hospital", Dio said as he got ready for a round of chemotherapy at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Monday.

Dio has been going to M.D. Anderson since late last year when he was diagnosed with stomach cancer.

"I've been poked and prodded in holes I never had before," Dio said.

Dio is soft-spoken and relaxed during treatment, it's a different persona then most people are used to seeing. He's been the front-man for groups like BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW and currently he's the lead vocalist for DIO. He made the "devil's horn" hand gesture part of the heavy metal culture.

Those hands now get support from wife Wendy, nurses and doctors. Dio first noticed symptoms after Halloween. He felt chest-pain and indigestion that eventually led to the cancer diagnosis. Dio now comes to Houston every two weeks for treatment.

"I'm lucky that I'm a hard person in terms of my beliefs," said Dio.

Dio then has a direct message for the tumor in his stomach: "Cancer, I'll kick the hell out of you."

http://www.bravewords.com/news/138142

:( So completely bummed about this, I've never been excited about a concert as I was to see Maiden and Heaven And Hell.

Still wish the best of luck to Dio!

I hope he's able to make a full recovery. I didn't realize he was that old. That means he was 64 when I saw Heaven & Hell in 07. Listening to him sing, you would've thought you were listening to someone in their mid 30's. Dude's still got the pipes!

"Why come to Houston? It's the best hospital", Dio said as he got ready for a round of chemotherapy at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Monday.

Dio now comes to Houston every two weeks for treatment.

I can tell you...my friend from England that I mentioned in other threads who is battling cancer...went to that very clinic.

It saved her life.

She is now doing chemo in England (she could only stay in the U.S. for so many months)...but if she had not gone to that hospital she would be dead.

No exaggeration...straight up fact.

He's in good hands.

Doesn't sound good...but I hope he pulls through.

That's a drag for you Powerage,I got to see them in Toronto,it was a good notch to add to the "seen em" list.

Maybe one day...

I can tell you...my friend from England that I mentioned in other threads who is battling cancer...went to that very clinic.

It saved her life.

She is now doing chemo in England (she could only stay in the U.S. for so many months)...but if she had not gone to that hospital she would be dead.

He's in good hands.

That's a drag for you Powerage,I got to see them in Toronto,it was a good notch to add to the "seen em" list.

Maybe one day...

Yep, definitely an amazing live band. I'm hoping '09 wasn't my last time seeing them. Were you at the '07 show in Toronto or '08?

It saved her life.

He's in good hands.

Maybe one day...

Yep, definitely an amazing live band. I'm hoping '09 wasn't my last time seeing them. Were you at the '07 show in Toronto or '08?

Oh you did see them!

I thought maybe you hadn't...ah well,cool.

I saw the first reunion show in Toronto.

It saved her life.

He's in good hands.

Maybe one day...

Oh you did see them!

I thought maybe you hadn't...ah well,cool.

I saw the first reunion show in Toronto.

Yep, I've seen them, 7 times:

3/22/07 - Toronto

9/5/07 - Binghamton (Dio's homecoming show, still the best I've seen them)

9/19/07 - Buffalo

9/20/07 - Hamilton

8/12/08 - Buffalo

8/13/08 - Toronto

8/18/09 - Cincinnati

I've been hoping ever since the first Heaven And Hell tour was announced they'd do some shows with Maiden. I saw it as entirely possible, know that Dio's on really good terms with Maiden. I was so let down when I saw the original Sabbath with Maiden, it's just always been a dream of mine to see my favorite Sabbath line-up with Maiden. IMO, there absolutely no bill that compares with Maiden/Heaven And Hell (Although Queensryche/Alice Cooper/ Heaven And Hell in '07 was pretty damn good).

I saw original Sabbath at Ozzfest...it was pretty cool,not earth shattering...but a definite notch in the concert belt moment.

Crowd was intense!

Edited by zint61

I saw original Sabbath at Ozzfest...it was pretty cool,not earth shattering...but a definite notch in the concert belt moment.

Crowd was intense!

Ozzfest '05 was my first concert, and it was a heel of a first show to see Maiden open for Sabbath, but I guess I just expected more out of Sabbath. Tony and Geezer and Bill were great, but Ozzy just wasn't into it at all that night. Needless to say his voice wasn't too impressive either.

I'm glad I got to see the original Sabbath (As I don't see them doing anything more in the future personally), but they're not a band I would travel to see again. Heaven And Hell on the other hand...

Crowd was intense!

Ozzfest '05 was my first concert, and it was a heel of a first show to see Maiden open for Sabbath, but I guess I just expected more out of Sabbath. Tony and Geezer and Bill were great, but Ozzy just wasn't into it at all that night. Needless to say his voice wasn't too impressive either.

I'm glad I got to see the original Sabbath (As I don't see them doing anything more in the future personally), but they're not a band I would travel to see again. Heaven And Hell on the other hand...

Last time I saw Ozzy was headling Ozzfest at Darrien Lake...he was so bad I left early to beat the traffic.

Crowd was intense!

Last time I saw Ozzy was headling Ozzfest at Darrien Lake...he was so bad I left early to beat the traffic.

The '06 show at Darien? I was there too, definitely not one of his best moments.

Crowd was intense!

The '06 show at Darien? I was there too, definitely not one of his best moments.

As the self-proclaimed Biggest Ozzy Fan On The Forum, I can even admit that from 03-06, Ozzy was not in the best shape for live performing. He was still on a lot of medication at that time. He was in top form in 07-08, though.

Crowd was intense!

As the self-proclaimed Biggest Ozzy Fan On The Forum, I can even admit that from 03-06, Ozzy was not in the best shape for live performing. He was still on a lot of medication at that time. He was in top form in 07-08, though.

Was going to go see him in '08...but we had a snowstorm the night before the Toronto show.