Do you think Axl will ever take three years off again?

John Bonham

than why would he care about touring us while he's still loved around the world?

Ego? Stubbornness? Personally, I have no idea and I don't even TRY to understand it. If I were him, I'd do club shows because that's what the current US market dictates. Yeah, it's awesome playing arenas but I mean, you can't just WILL people to your shows and what promoter in their right mind's going to put up with it?

And as for the "loved around the world" statement, that's only half true. Take a look at the numbers for the Argentina 93 show (the final one for the old band) and compare it their recent numbers. In 1993, they drew more then 80,000 people. In 2010, it was around 35,000.

Respectful numbers, sure....but nothing compared to the way it use to be.

Guns N' Roses in Brazil total crowd:

-1991: 200,000 in 2 concerts (Rock in Rio).

-1992: 120,000 in 3 concerts.

-2001: 250,000 in 1 concert (Rock in Rio).

-2010: 130,000 in 5 concerts.

Good average dude! So this crowd comparation is fail.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

than why would he care about touring us while he's still loved around the world?

Ego? Stubbornness? Personally, I have no idea and I don't even TRY to understand it. If I were him, I'd do club shows because that's what the current US market dictates. Yeah, it's awesome playing arenas but I mean, you can't just WILL people to your shows and what promoter in their right mind's going to put up with it?

And as for the "loved around the world" statement, that's only half true. Take a look at the numbers for the Argentina 93 show (the final one for the old band) and compare it their recent numbers. In 1993, they drew more then 80,000 people. In 2010, it was around 35,000.

Guns N' Roses in Brazil total crowd:

-1991: 200,000 in 2 concerts (Rock in Rio).

-1992: 120,000 in 3 concerts.

-2001: 250,000 in 1 concert (Rock in Rio).

-2010: 130,000 in 5 concerts.

Good average dude! So this crowd comparation is fail.

Wait...so you're going to take the lowest numbers you can find for the old band, and then compare them to the highest numbers for the new band? Hahaha....give me a break.

Also...you can't use fucking RIR numbers. That's like using Woodstocks 500,000 concert goes for Hendrix. Your stat skewing is fail.

Here's what you do. Find me the biggest show the new band ever did, make sure they're JUST Guns N Roses shows, no fucking festivals, and then find me the biggest shows from 1992/1993 and compare.

Edited by Nintari

:shock:

I think he has to put out another album this year and keep the momentum going. If he waits 3 or 4 years he loses all momentum and it'll be like just starting over again, only less people will care. It'd most likely be reunion or death at that point. Kind of like what happened to Van Halen after they did that album with the singer of Extreme. Axl really needs to start pushing this band if he wants to keep going on an arena type level.

Axl does not care. If people like the music he makes and support him and the new band, great. If they don't, I really don't think he gives a fuck. CD sold under a million copies in the US, but does that make it any less great? Momentum does not matter. Like Baz says, he is motivated by his art, not by money.

Baz is a paid loser............ Just like he said CD was Doom Metal with 40 songs.............. :unsure::shock:

I think he has to put out another album this year and keep the momentum going. If he waits 3 or 4 years he loses all momentum and it'll be like just starting over again, only less people will care. It'd most likely be reunion or death at that point. Kind of like what happened to Van Halen after they did that album with the singer of Extreme. Axl really needs to start pushing this band if he wants to keep going on an arena type level.

Axl does not care. If people like the music he makes and support him and the new band, great. If they don't, I really don't think he gives a fuck. CD sold under a million copies in the US, but does that make it any less great? Momentum does not matter. Like Baz says, he is motivated by his art, not by money.

Baz is a paid loser............ Just like he said CD was Doom Metal with 40 songs.............. :unsure::shock:

Liked his vocals on Sorry, I don't think he's a loser.

The Argentina '93 show was with Slash who was an original gunner, that's not a fair comparison imo.

I believe there will be a US tour this year, but I don't think CD2 is close to release at all...

:book:

-No one knows NEW GNR in u.s.a today cuz teens are hearing Shakira and Lady Gaga over there !

-Most GNR fans have gone so far away from NEW GNR forums and concerts, everyone knows that they're axl's musicians, not the true band!

-Music Piracy took the dignity away from ex rich celebrities, including Mr Rose who used to clean his ass with his cash in the 90's, today he must EARN it and save it safely!

-Financial Crisis don't let people think 'bout buyin’ concert tickets right now!

-Early Morning many homeless people tried to plunder a food grocery in San José C.A, watch news to get down about it!

-Respectful numbers???????? well, let's remember that Mr Rose gotta pay his musicians after every show, in the 90's Geffen did it while axl didn't have to worry about economical problems

......now let's be adults, let's apply mathematics,don’t ya try to say that 2 and 2 are 5 ..... do u?

:confused2:

I dont hear him..... Axl buried in the mix and has he performed it once on tour with Axl.......... NO so paid loser if axl wont give him

one night to perform SORRY.............. :thumbsup:

I dont hear him..... Axl buried in the mix and has he performed it once on tour with Axl.......... NO so paid loser if axl wont give him

u r right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right or wrong............. your not funny........ :thumbsup:

right or wrong............. your not funny........ :thumbsup:

...off topic once again! u'll pay da consequences if u don't stop :thumbsup:

... First off how old r ya honestly?

...second where ya from? ...Child planet? :rofl-lol:

Captain Reality calling Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Axl Rose doesn't live in 1994 when he just could burn his money, when magazines and music channels were able to pay him a FAT CASH just to hear him speaking something stupid...!

...times have changed...U.S.A is still facing a crazy crisis and teens are thinking of Lady Gaga concerts over there!

...Mr Rose is another human being who gotta pay the bills, he doesn't live into the twilight zone...! he even needs money to eat everyday just like us all !

...so I'm so sure he's very worried about how much he must earn this time just to survive...da music piracy changed his life, fitting NYC is full of unplowed people right now and it gives nothing good to NEW GNR and other celebrities in e.e.u.u !

now r u on earth again? ...ANY CLUE AT ALL? ... :confused:

What reasons to you have to believe that he in need of money, going into debt, or hasn't saved enough? Azoff's suit has to be nowhere near the numbers he still has. I stand by my statement that even if he is in financial trouble that will not motivate him to release anything.

Let's face it - as far as momentum goes - these last few years have been unprecedented for New Guns.

14avr79.jpg

2006 - Massive tour

2007 - Tour

2008 - Album and Dexter chats

2009 - Asian tour

2010 - Massive tour and possible new album

It's pretty amazing when you think about all the down-time Axl had since 1993.

Since there are a lot of haters around here that doubt Axl has another album up his sleeve, AND ALSO since he's basically toured the entire World this last time around, and there's virtually no where left that hasn't had the Chinese Democracy Mystery Tour roll up through their region ...

What's next (If you don't see a new album on the horizon)?

Does Axl take another (well-deserved) three years off? Or does he deliver the "album, tour, album, tour, album tour" like he's suggested was his plan in the past?

Three years off? WTF. Dude basically disappeared in what (1993ish) and had semi/1/2 assed returned in 2000's until CD (awesome) came out. Three years off is what you call it LOL......hahahahah........dog years maybe. What a waste of talent.

...Axl Rose doesn't live in 1994 when he just could burn his money, when magazines and music channels were able to pay him a FAT CASH just to hear him speaking something stupid...!

...times have changed...U.S.A is still facing a crazy crisis and teens are thinking of Lady Gaga concerts over there!

...Mr Rose is another human being who gotta pay the bills, he doesn't live into the twilight zone...! he even needs money to eat everyday just like us all !

...so I'm so sure he's very worried about how much he must earn this time just to survive...da music piracy changed his life, fitting NYC is full of unplowed people right now and it gives nothing good to NEW GNR and other celebrities in e.e.u.u !

What reasons to you have to believe that he in need of money, going into debt, or hasn't saved enough? Azoff's suit has to be nowhere near the numbers he still has. I stand by my statement that even if he is in financial trouble that will not motivate him to release anything.

what would Mr Rose do then?...oh wait second ...I now know, he would appear here,there and everywhere to say hey I'm axl rose, i don't have money to pay or eat right now all cuz of music piracy so please let me live for free cuz i'm a living legend and that's why i must live like a king forever!

:drevil:

Edited by BarquisimetoRock

what would Mr Rose do then?...oh wait second ...I now know, he would appear here,there and everywhere to say hey I'm axl rose, i don't have money to pay or eat right now all cuz of music piracy so please let me live for free cuz i'm a living legend and that's why i must live like a king forever!

Axl and betas family never have to work for the rest of there life.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A reunion

God, I hope so.

He can keep those other couple albums of finished material to himself for all I care. "More of the same but darker" doesn't sound very appealing to me.

Agreed! Fake GNR are good musicians and all, but they simply can't make music on the same level as the real band. They just can't. A reunion must take place if Axl ever wants to release an album of the same calibre as the old ones. Everyone knows that, even Axl himself (deep down inside).

I certainly hope Axl doesn't disappear for that long again. But its his life, and i can imagine he got enough of the public in the Appetite and UYI days. He comes across as a guy who spends months out on a ranch somewhere, just chilling. I can see him taking 2-3 years off though, history has shown this. The 1994-2000 hiatus makes 3 years look like a weekend away.

Axl and betas family never have to work for the rest of there life.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

oh sure?????????????????????????????????????

...d'ya really know how many celebrities have lost their homes in e.e.u.u recently cuz they couldn't pay his mortgage?

...I hope that Mr Rose won't be on tv telling that he's another homeless yankee guy sooner or later...financial crisis have kicked asses wildly in hollywood too! :book:

...d'ya really know how many celebrities have lost their homes in e.e.u.u recently cuz they couldn't pay his mortgage?

...I hope that Mr Rose won't be on tv telling that he's another homeless yankee guy sooner or later...financial crisis have kicked asses wildly in hollywood too! :book:

You're not American and you have no idea how the financial crisis affects people.

You're not American and you have no idea how the financial crisis affects people.

oh sure u r right! I ain't american....but I have internet service and tv sky so u should know that i don't live in the jungle! :fuckyou:

....u.s.a people are tryin' ta get a piece of bread to eat right now,they're plundering food stores, straight men became gay prostitutes cuz no decent jobs for them these days there and there are a lot of ex rich persons sleepin' on the blocks while u r just hearing gnr songs! you and I live on earth,not on the moon...got it??????????????

^^^^^^^^

Holshit !!!!! that my man is insane maybe in your country though................ :rofl-lol:

No he's obviously trolling. Nobody, not even the 12 year old boy with the lowest education in South America (which is what this guy seems to be) could come up with the shit he says.

oh sure u r right! I ain't american....but I have internet service and tv sky so u should know that i don't live in the jungle! :fuckyou:

....u.s.a people are tryin' ta get a piece of bread to eat right now,they're plundering food stores, straight men became gay prostitutes cuz no decent jobs for them these days there and there are a lot of ex rich persons sleepin' on the blocks while u r just hearing gnr songs! you and I live on earth,not on the moon...got it??????????????

you're making your assumptions from TV?

and because people are "tryin'ta get a piece of bread" ---> Axl Rose going bankrupt? wtf?

please just step away from the keyboards and get some sleep

you're making your assumptions from TV?

and because people are "tryin'ta get a piece of bread" ---> Axl Rose going bankrupt? wtf?

please just step away from the keyboards and get some sleep

today Mr Rose eats cuz he took our money away! ,it was us who made him rich and famous! if the banks would go bankrupt again in u.s.a so how could axl get money back? think about it!...it's something dangerous,not a game!

Edited by BarquisimetoRock