Slash on his feud with Axl Rose

LaRocker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since Marc told him a few years back to back off on the PR talk making himself look like an angel, concerning GnR, he started doing exactly that. He confesses he did a lot of ill by talking rubbish in the media about it.

This is the only way Axl will actually warm up to Slash...in a certain way. It won't fix that much but it won't make it worse. In the long run, it would even make a meeting between these 2 possible. Axl is very reactionary, which make him burst out his feelings on the spot, but when the conditions change, his opinion changes too. So today Slash is a cancer, in a few years maybe, if Slash stays this way, Slash is someone he wants to have a beer with and talk about all this bullshit.

And this makes Slash also look better in the end, because nobody is waiting for a bitter ex-member whining about how the other guy is Satan.

Edited by LLL

He says that he isn't talking bad of Axl anymore because he realised that everytime somebody asked him about GnR he automatically would say negative stuff about it even though he isn't bitter about it anymore so now he'd rather not talk about Axl and GnR at all...

He says that he isn't talking bad of Axl anymore because he realised that everytime somebody asked him about GnR he automatically would say negative stuff about it even though he isn't bitter about it anymore so now he'd rather not talk about Axl and GnR at all...

Thanks for the infor

Ever since Marc told him a few years back to back off on the PR talk making himself look like an angel, concerning GnR, he started doing exactly that. He confesses he did a lot of ill by talking rubbish in the media about it.

This is the only way Axl will actually warm up to Slash...in a certain way. It won't fix that much but it won't make it worse. In the long run, it would even make a meeting between these 2 possible. Axl is very reactionary, which make him burst out his feelings on the spot, but when the conditions change, his opinion changes too. So today Slash is a cancer, in a few years maybe, if Slash stays this way, Slash is someone he wants to have a beer with and talk about all this bullshit.

And this makes Slash also look better in the end, because nobody is waiting for a bitter ex-member whining about how the other guy is Satan.

So let me get this right you are up close and personal with Axl, Marc Cantor and Slash?

It's like an ex-wife you still make alimony payments to 15 years later and you haven't talked to her ever since. You know you have to deal with it, but for the sake of the kids, better not to bring it up to stir the pot with her and have your ass taken back to court. And the kids in this case are interviewers and fans who go "do you know what Axl said about you?" or "do you know what Slash said about you"? They really don't want to know. They really don't want to be bothered. But they're still going to tell them and open old wounds.

Maybe you'll see the ex wife one day, but you're far from REALLY wanting to see her. She's been a pain in your ass for so long that it's like chronic back pain or tinnitus, you get used to it and find some way to drown it out.

There is no real feud anymore. Not unless something big happens.

Axl won't reunite, or become friends again not out of spite, or hate, or revenge but for the simple fact that in his mind, he loses. I honestly believe Axl is viewing this as a life long test of attrition. The longer he does this nu-gnr, the longer he gives the finger to everyone and I think he likes that.

Edited by Nintari

Axl won't reunite, or become friends again not out of spite, or hate, or revenge but for the simple fact that in his mind, he loses. I honestly believe Axl is viewing this as a life long test of attrition. The longer he does this nu-gnr, the longer he gives the finger to everyone and I think he likes that.

Or maybe new Guns is the band that he wants to be in and create music with.

Axl won't reunite, or become friends again not out of spite, or hate, or revenge but for the simple fact that in his mind, he loses. I honestly believe Axl is viewing this as a life long test of attrition.

The longer he does this nu-gnr, the longer he gives the finger to everyone and I think he likes that.

I agree completely.

This is the only reason I can figure that Axl is doing this.

Axl won't reunite, or become friends again not out of spite, or hate, or revenge but for the simple fact that in his mind, he loses. I honestly believe Axl is viewing this as a life long test of attrition.

The longer he does this nu-gnr, the longer he gives the finger to everyone and I think he likes that.

I agree completely.

Disagree completely.

It's pretty clear that he has no desire to ever go back to working with Slash and reuniting the old band. Maybe he just doesn't want to do that again and has moved on. I think it's that simple.

Ali

It's pretty clear that he has no desire to ever go back to working with Slash and reuniting the old band. Maybe he just doesn't want to do that again and has moved on. I think it's that simple.

Agreed.

But it's also pretty clear that he has no desire to write any new music (Ron has stated that he has not done any writing with the band - and he's been with them for four years).

So ... touche. I think giving the finger to everyone is the only reason he is persisting. LOL Ashba

I agree completely.

Disagree completely.

Ali

Ali, I think he will ALWAYS have a desire to work with Slash again. I just think his pride/ego will never let him admit that because in Axl's mind that would be a failure. Seriously, do you think Axl would rather write with Ashba or Slash, serious? Slash gets him as a guitar player better than any other guitar player has.