Does Axl need to face further persecution and litigation to inspire new material?

Stoned In L.A.

As we all know, most of Axl's music is based on an element of truth (see Live Era). He seems to receive alot of his inspiration from ex-loves, assholes who wronged him, and his endless legal woes.

Now that Axl is pushing 50, has no relationship (that we know of), and doesn't do enough to warrant being sued as often, what would be his inspiration for future material? Is the reason he continues subjecting the world to these ongoing Chinese Democracy tours proof that there isn't much in his life to inspire him? Let's face it, writing an album about sitting on the couch for months at a time, eating cheetos, and having farting contests with Beta doesn't sound very rock n roll.

Overall, is the lack of persecution and litigation the reason why Axl isn't able to come up with anything new?

As we all know, most of Axl's music is based on an element of truth (see Live Era). He seems to receive alot of his inspiration from ex-loves, assholes who wronged him, and his endless legal woes.

Now that Axl is pushing 50, has no relationship (that we know of), and doesn't do enough to warrant being sued as often, what would be his inspiration for future material? Is the reason he continues subjecting the world to these ongoing Chinese Democracy tours proof that there isn't much in his life to inspire him? Let's face it, writing an album about sitting on the couch for months at a time, eating cheetos, and having farting contests with Beta doesn't sound very rock n roll.

Overall, is the lack of persecution and litigation the reason why Axl isn't able to come up with anything new?

He is Axl I am sure some legal issue will come up sooner or later.

Axl seems to be the type that there will always be something or somebody that is slighting him. I believe that is the way that he perceives the world. It's always some one else's fault. This chip on the shoulder mentality used to be productive for him but now he seems to retreat in to his own little world and withdrawal from everything. It's similar to the way some artists use drugs for inspiration but then the addiction takes over and leaves the person trapped.

Axl seems to be the type that there will always be something or somebody that is slighting him. I believe that is the way that he perceives the world. It's always some one else's fault. This chip on the shoulder mentality used to be productive for him but now he seems to retreat in to his own little world and withdrawal from everything. It's similar to the way some artists use drugs for inspiration but then the addiction takes over and leaves the person trapped.

Good work.

He's not forced into any situation he doesn't want to be in anymore. These situations often provide the inspiration. I'm guessing that's why the album we do have is all about the relationships he had 15 years ago and the old band and recording songs that were written many years before.

Hopefully this tour will take him to places that will inspire him and we'll get some new music out of it.

LP

Look at Catcher in the Rye, that was written around John Lennon and the book itself, he doesn't need to rely on drama to write music. Welcome to the Jungle written because some hobo shouted it at him when he got off a bus, hardly a high drama moment.

Exactly. This is why I believe that CD2, or the rest of what was recorded during the CD sessions, is our last hope to hear any new music from Axl Rose. It makes me laugh when I hear people calling for the current lineup to 'hit the studio' and crank out another album. That just isn't how Axl operates anymore. I just get the impression that Axl hasn't been inspired to create new music since 2002-2003 or whenever the last of "Chinese Democracy" album(s) were recorded in any real capacity, other than the numerous tweaks and added musicians.

I could be wrong, as we really have no idea what he's been up to in his down time, and Lord knows there's been plenty, but I just don't see any reason to believe he has another album in him, other than what's already been recorded for Chinese Democracy II.

Edited by sofine11

Honestly, I can see Axl pissing away alot of time hanging out the house and being angry at the world. If 'Beta's Barn' and 'Jackie Chan' are really titles to unreleased tracks, that could suggest his inspiration is somewhat limited.

Because those song titles aren't some sort of in joke within the band.........

Honestly, I can see Axl pissing away alot of time hanging out the house and being angry at the world. If 'Beta's Barn' and 'Jackie Chan' are really titles to unreleased tracks, that could suggest his inspiration is somewhat limited.

I wonder if Axl is in on this joke?

I wonder if Axl is in on this joke?

Come again?

As if any of us could possibily know what's happening to his personal life.

this post wins the thread. end thread.

It's not as if we are just speculating that Axl is some kind of hermit type of recluse. It's been said by quite a few people (who would know). The fact that years can pass without so much as a photo surfacing should be a clue that the man doesn't get out all that much. I'm not sure why some of you go to such ridiculous lengths to try and ignore / deny this.

Then again, maybe it is just that the world no longer cares. Maybe he does get out there and the media just doesn't recognize him as a person of interest. I guess it's understandable. It has been almost 20 years since he's done anything that would be considered relevant by most.

I always thought Axl gets out a lot more than we think, it's just that the media doesn't go around looking for him or when they do see him they just don't know it's him or just don't care. Axl seems to prefer it that way so it can only be a good thing.

Since this is your overall question I'll focus on it alone. There's so much wrong with the question on so many levels, so we'll take it slow. First what makes you think he isn't coming up with anything new? You probably mean releasing anything new, and for one to assume you meant release is impossible in your case as you clearly speak of writing inspiration. So no save, this just leaves it the dumb question it is based solely on speculation and daydreams.

You know there's at least 30 unheard songs we've read about, right? And that was years ago. Some written in recent years with various band members, some prior alone, but this we basically know. What we don't have a clue on is how much he's written lately, he could be at the piano day and night like Mozart, bottle of Pinot Noir and all. Tally could be 80 songs by now, who knows!?! We surely don't know it enough to state the opposite as fact in an absolute question, then top it off with the ridiculous by asking if it's due to lack of lawsuits. Man, well it was fun commenting on your question, take good care.

Oh, also, his life is surely incomparably fuller than yours. Aside from the never ending party he clearly has on tour (see pics all over net) you can have loads of fun in a mansion overlooking the Pacific when staying in, I'm sure.

Edited by axlskAmpf

There are at least 40 'new' songs at the moment which have been worked out and recorded in some way or another. They were songs written between the late 90s and the summer of 2009. And every week they play each other new stuff they came up with.

It's ridiculous to assume Axl or anyone else in the band needs an earth-shattering experience to happen to them before they can write music. that is more wishful thiking by the butthurt.

If Axl wanted he could release a triple album next year, with all the material they have now. Axl isn't impressed with the songwriting input of the recent line-up and he can't release the older new songs with Bucket and Finck all over them while they have been 'replaced'.

There are at least 40 'new' songs at the moment which have been worked out and recorded in some way or another. They were songs written between the late 90s and the summer of 2009. And every week they play each other new stuff they came up with.

It's ridiculous to assume Axl or anyone else in the band needs an earth-shattering experience to happen to them before they can write music. that is more wishful thiking by the butthurt.

If Axl wanted he could release a triple album next year, with all the material they have now. Axl isn't impressed with the songwriting input of the recent line-up and he can't release the older new songs with Bucket and Finck all over them while they have been 'replaced'.

You don't know anything.

Exactly. This is why I believe that CD2, or the rest of what was recorded during the CD sessions, is our last hope to hear any new music from Axl Rose. It makes me laugh when I hear people calling for the current lineup to 'hit the studio' and crank out another album. That just isn't how Axl operates anymore. I just get the impression that Axl hasn't been inspired to create new music since 2002-2003 or whenever the last of "Chinese Democracy" album(s) were recorded in any real capacity, other than the numerous tweaks and added musicians.

I could be wrong, as we really have no idea what he's been up to in his down time, and Lord knows there's been plenty, but I just don't see any reason to believe he has another album in him, other than what's already been recorded for Chinese Democracy II.

I thought i heard somewhere that In 2006 axl worked on a song for like 48 hours straight or something? when touring? I dno.