What kind of guitar meets these specifications?

Okay, I've been playing for about six years now, and in that time I've bought two different guitars, both of which I've regretted purchasing because I never bothered doing my research about what kind of guitar I wanted.

I want a guitar with 24 frets, where I can play heavy guitar solos, where I can pull off showy shit like divebombs etc but also one which will sound good doing rhythm playing.

Most of the stuff I play is Guns N Roses or Metallica. I know Slash plays a Les Paul, but would that be suited to playing Chinese Democracy tracks? What guitars did Buckethead and Finck use on CD?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Towelie

Okay, I've been playing for about six years now, and in that time I've bought two different guitars, both of which I've regretted purchasing because I never bothered doing my research about what kind of guitar I wanted.

I want a guitar with 24 frets, where I can play heavy guitar solos, where I can pull off showy shit like divebombs etc but also one which will sound good doing rhythm playing.

Most of the stuff I play is Guns N Roses or Metallica. I know Slash plays a Les Paul, but would that be suited to playing Chinese Democracy tracks? What guitars did Buckethead and Finck use on CD?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to do a lot of divebombs, go with something with a Floyd Rose (Or install one yourself, as I did on my Strat).

What have you bought and regretted?

If you want to do a lot of divebombs, go with something with a Floyd Rose (Or install one yourself, as I did on my Strat).

My first guitar was a Dean Baby Z guitar. It was quite cool for playing some of the rocky solos, but it only had 22 frets and no whammy bar to do divebombs and stuff.

My second was a Fender Strat, which isn't great for playing harder rock like Metallica or Chinese Democracy tracks.

I would have no clue how to install a Floyd Rose myself, I'm not that clever. Is it something which I could do on a Fender strat if I took it into a guitar shop? If it's possible I would consider doing that, although ideally I would like a 24 fret guitar.

budget?

Up to about £600.

My first guitar was a Dean Baby Z guitar. It was quite cool for playing some of the rocky solos, but it only had 22 frets and no whammy bar to do divebombs and stuff.

My second was a Fender Strat, which isn't great for playing harder rock like Metallica or Chinese Democracy tracks.

I would have no clue how to install a Floyd Rose myself, I'm not that clever. Is it something which I could do on a Fender strat if I took it into a guitar shop? If it's possible I would consider doing that, although ideally I would like a 24 fret guitar.

budget?

Up to about £600.

Honestly, I've never played something with 24 frets that still has a nice rhythm/riffing tone to it, at least with stock pickups. You can get a Floyd installed on your Strat no problem, the bridge will run you about $250-300, and the installation would probably be around $100. And search around for some pickups that would better suit you for your Strat; I've modeled my first Strat after Dave Murray's set-up, with a Seymour Duncan Hotrail in the neck, Coolrail in the middle, and DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge. The Hotrail and DiMarzio give it a great heavy sound (Shit, even Anthrax and Slayer sound good on it with the right distortion!), and the Coolrail allows for a nice clean tone still.

So, I would say just modify your Strat to get what you desire. But that's just me.

Bc rich is good for the things you want.. but you pay for the shapes and coulors... not the quality.

Ibanez is a good brand for such things.

I play the jet King 2, and I've also got a Ict700 wich plays real nice in metal songs but also in clean softer songs. and has 24 frets.