take a look @ a Ashba Axl moment

90's

Take a look a the sweet child O mine live in Montreal, you can really see Axl approving the guitar solo @3:13

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XimOZ5FaiuQ&feature=related

show 27/01/10 GNR : sweet child of mine

Ps. Axl looks great in this Vid

Edited by 90's

sucks how they split the solo up like that. DJ doesn't get the fun part

He could not play that part technically, is why he asked Bumble to take that part.

Is exactly the part we heard in the studio sessions that surfaced, which everyone was bashing, because Ashba sounded like he didn't know what he was doing.

He could not play that part technically, is why he asked Bumble to take that part.

Is exactly the part we heard in the studio sessions that surfaced, which everyone was bashing, because Ashba sounded like he didn't know what he was doing.

bullshit.

he can play it if he wants to. i have people in my class who can play it.

We already heard him try during the sessions, he can't play it.

i don't care what you have seen during some sessions. he is a professional musician. if he wants to play it, he can play it. if you've seen ONE clip of him playing it bad doesn't mean that he can't play it. for all you know that was the first time he played it. it might have been improvised, it might just have been joking around.

We already heard him try during the sessions, he can't play it.

Prove to us that he was actually attempting the solo in that recording and not just screwing around then we will believe you, until then you are just spouting an unfounded opinion.

Studio Sessions?

please help me out finding those

Studio Sessions?

please help me out finding those

Whoa, just heard em...Dj sounds like crap.

There's no doubt Ashba can play that second solo, i haven't heard the studio session but from his ability- this is close to being right up his alley! or should be at least

This is obviously a decision that's been made by czar Axl. Like they would have any say.. as a guittarist I can't possilby see how Ashba could be 100% satisfied getting the short end of the stick.

Edited by JesusisSavior

There's no doubt Ashba can play that second solo, as flattering as it is to Slash who pulls it off effortlessly causing some question to Ash's ability. '

This is obviously a decision that's been made by czar Axl. Like they would have any say.. as a guittarist I can't possilby see how Ashba could be 100% satisfied getting the short end of the stick.

Bumble said himself in an interview (this week or last week). that Ashba told him to take the fast part with the sophisticated articulation. Axl had nothing to do with it.

Now ask yourself this...why would Ashba volunteer to give another guitarist one of the most anticipated solos of the entire setlist.

Ashba cannot do the detailed articulation solos (which Slash is very good in), not just SCOM, but also for instance in IRS. He dumbs them down, leaving out notes and runs to make it easier. When you do that to the SCOM solo like he did during the session I mentioned and anyone can find on Google, you hear it just doesn't work.

Any guitarist who can play the SCOM solo will play it, come hell or high water. Definitely won't tell the other guitarist 'you do the coolest part'.

Edited by LLL

There's no doubt Ashba can play that second solo, as flattering as it is to Slash who pulls it off effortlessly causing some question to Ash's ability. '

Bumble said himself in an interview (this week or last week). that Ashba told him to take the fast part with the sophisticated articulation. Axl had nothing to do with it.

Now ask yourself this...why would Ashba volunteer to give another guitarist one of the most anticipated solos of the entire setlist.

Ashba cannot do the detailed articulation solos (which Slash is very good in), not just SCOM, but also for instance in IRS. He dumbs them down, leaving out notes and runs to make it easier. When you do that to the SCOM solo like he did during the session I mentioned and anyone can find on Google, you hear it just doesn't work.

Any guitarist who can play the SCOM solo will play it, come hell or high water. Definitely won't tell the other guitarist 'you do the coolest part'.

Sophisticated articulation? :lol: All I heard live was masquerading distortion and effects!

It'll take me more to believe Ashba can't pull that solo off with the stuff he's been able to feat. He's got more soul than the others. Technicality- nahh, but that's of no importance to me or what that solo requires.

Funny though how there was once a time when there never was any of this switching around/multible variables to get the sufficed result/job done.

Edited by JesusisSavior

That fast part needs lots of articulation, any guitarist who plays it properly will tell you this. There are many runs and licks that flow into each other non-stop, and if you miss the beginning of 1 of them, you are in a train wreck. Ashba falters at that, you can hear it clearly in almost all his solos when things get a bit sophisticated, he tries to bend his way out of it while smiling to the crowd so he doesn't have to play it in detail.

And again, giving away the coolest part of the solo? Makes no sense if you can easily play it. It also sounds a bit off to the listener because the guitar tones of Ashba and Bumble are so different that it doesn't gel well.

Even Slash fucked that solo up many times.