why doesn't GnR play more UYI?

rlucky73721

Me personally, I'd like to see Axl and his band play nothing but CD songs this whole tour. Then, when people stop coming to the shows (which is what would happen, we all know it, outside of the Jarmo's of the world anyway) the whole new vs. old debate would be dead.

But you have no problem with Myles and Slash's pathetic renditions of Civil War and Nightrain? Get out of here.

I must have missed the part where they were billing themselves as Guns N' Roses. You are also very much in the minority with that opinion of them being "pathetic".

They might as well be billled as Guns N Revolvers when the majorty of the songs they play are pre 2008.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me personally, I'd like to see Axl and his band play nothing but CD songs this whole tour. Then, when people stop coming to the shows (which is what would happen, we all know it, outside of the Jarmo's of the world anyway) the whole new vs. old debate would be dead.

But you have no problem with Myles and Slash's pathetic renditions of Civil War and Nightrain? Get out of here.

I must have missed the part where they were billing themselves as Guns N' Roses. You are also very much in the minority with that opinion of them being "pathetic".

They might as well be billled as Guns N Revolvers when the majorty of the songs they play are pre 2008.

You don't know what you are talking about.

They normally played 20 or so songs per show,and they rarely to never played more than 3 or 4 "Real GNR" songs.

Edited by SunnyDRE

So a band that bills itself as Guns N' Roses shouldn't play Guns N' Roses songs, but a band that doesn't should?

You make about as much sense as Axl himself.

You don't know what you are talking about.

They normally played 20 or so songs per show,and they rarely to never played more than 3 or 4 "Real GNR" songs.

80% of the show is Velvet Revolver and Guns n Roses songs. There are as many songs played from GnR in his shows as his new album.

i became a huge loyal GnR fan after listening to UYI 1 & 2, these albums brought me to AFD and lies and of course CD.

is there a legal reason or he just doesn't want to play these songs live in concert?

thanks in advance!

Great albums that's for sure, but not really concert friendly. Too long and slow for most concert goers. Most ticket buyers want loud and angry. Hate to tell you this, but they wouldn't sell enough tickets to the new fan base, they need the old schoolers and the old schoolers love Appetite and ALWAYS will.

When I hear Axl's new band play original songs, the only part I enjoy is Axl's vocals. When I hear Slash and his band playing original songs, the only part I enjoy is Slash's guitar sound/solo's. I can't stand hearing other people sing It's So Easy and other guitar players playing Slash's solos. You can't replace the original people and expect it to sound the same.

When I hear Axl's new band play original songs, the only part I enjoy is Axl's vocals. When I hear Slash and his band playing original songs, the only part I enjoy is Slash's guitar sound/solo's. I can't stand hearing other people sing It's So Easy and other guitar players playing Slash's solos. You can't replace the original people and expect it to sound the same.

Stop crying about it and move on.

Stop making pointless replies that achieve and accomplish nothing.

Both of you stop bickering and start partying like its 1999.

Impossible. This kid was 13 years old in 1999. We'd have to party at Chuck E Cheeses.

Impossible. This kid was 13 years old in 1999. We'd have to party at Chuck E Cheeses.

more attacks on peoples age. you are the one acting like a fuckin child. maybe its time to get over the fact that your fav members left a band 15+ years ago.

maybe its time to get over the fact that your fav band died 15+ years ago.

Fixed.... :thumbsup:

Although, the whole premise is off. By your logic, people should throw out their Beatles,Pink Floyd,Zepplin records etc, since they're never coming back. They should tear up their t shirts, delete their message boards and stop caring about them altogether. That doesn't make any fucking sense at ALL.

What I would say to you and people of your ilk is, you have two bands. One sold a billion records, was all over MTV, won countless awards, had alot of hits that even today, get played on the radio and moved and entire globe for a time. The other hasn't accomplished anything. So don't freak the fuck out when you're out numbered 10 to 1 online by fans of the OTHER, band.

Do I think everyone should respect each other? Yes, but that goes both ways.

Nintari you are not the minority. GNR was it is peak 15+ years ago.

I know I'm not.

Edited by Nintari

I just started this forum a few days back...kinda found it on accident...but i just saw a thread that read "ask the band members questions" and then it listed, what six or seven names......are you kidding me???? Who are those guys???

You have no idea how stupid that sounds for all the loyal fans here who have actually been following the band through 1996-2010. They are not nobodies to us. Show some respect.

This +10

without them you have no band to listen to. You're loyal to a name who's members change year after year, the original five was the best band of all time. You are loyal to what, Axl? Cuz beyond him it's a cheap copy. it sounds like I have something against these new band members but I don't, they're just NOT Guns-n-Roses.

a big old school AMEN!!!!

Although, the whole premise is off. By your logic, people should throw out their Beatles,Pink Floyd,Zepplin records etc, since they're never coming back. They should tear up their t shirts, delete their message boards and stop caring about them altogether. That doesn't make any fucking sense at ALL.

What I would say to you and people of your ilk is, you have two bands. One sold a billion records, was all over MTV, won countless awards, had alot of hits that even today, get played on the radio and moved and entire globe for a time. The other hasn't accomplished anything. So don't freak the fuck out when you're out numbered 10 to 1 online by fans of the OTHER, band.

This isn't a Guns N' Roses forum - not really.

It's an Axl Rose forum.

The way people here talk about Slash and the other members of the band is disgusting.

Eric should really, really consider changing the name of this place to "My Axl"

I don't agree with this thread's title "Well now Axl is the lesser of two evill". CD truly rocks in my opinion. Fans response to CD songs at the 2002 and 2006 tours at the concerts I attended was great.

But I do agree with this thread's sub-title: "After Slash' botches "Paradise City".

Uggh. I managed to listen to the whole song out of curiosity because I like the original song so much, but listening to this was a pain for me.

Beta and Fernando have special "Guns N' Roses" status on this forum? I wonder what Slash would get if he registered here?

It's an Axl Rose forum.

The way people here talk about Slash and the other members of the band is disgusting.

I don't agree with this thread's title "Well now Axl is the lesser of two evill". CD truly rocks in my opinion. Fans response to CD songs at the 2002 and 2006 tours at the concerts I attended was great.

But I do agree with this thread's sub-title: "After Slash' botches "Paradise City".

Uggh. I managed to listen to the whole song out of curiosity because I like the original song so much, but listening to this was a pain for me.

Beta and Fernando have special "Guns N' Roses" status on this forum? I wonder what Slash would get if he registered here?

Get banned

It's an Axl Rose forum.

I agree. There should be a forum called "Nu-Guns". We have a forum for the old band but none for the new band. The forum we're in right now just says "Guns n Roses" which is technically both bands.

Get banned

Why? Just because unlike you, he's old enough to remember when Guns N Roses was on top of the world? Jealous?

You know, I get shit for bringing up people's ages and all, but I'm starting to notice a trend. Most of the die hard nu-band people weren't alive or old enough to have experienced the original band and those people, like you for instance, are the most defensive fuckers on the board. It's almost like you're subconsciously pissed off because you'll never get to see what the rest of us saw and you don't want people to wake you up from your self induced, deluded day dream.

Whatever it is, you guys need to chill because like I said before, there's 100 fans of the original band to one fan of the new band. Whether you like it or not, that's never going to change and the new band will never get out of the 10 ton shadow of the original. You like the new shit/band? Good, glad for you. I don't have an issue with that but learn to fucking accept reality and deal with it.

Edited by Nintari

Guns N' Roses never died. Members left and were replaced. Those are the facts. I do not come here to have this ANCIENT argument, I come here to discuss my fav band.

thats not what i'm saying

Its you are your ilk that make this a constant old vs new thing. I have no desire to have those debates.

I live in the now.

and the majority on THIS board do support the band. Its a loud minority of losers who try time and time again to derail everythread and berate anyone who is a fan of the current Guns N' Roses.

Do I think everyone should respect each other? Yes, but that goes both ways.

If you want to talk about respect, maybe you can take all your comments on a lineup thats been gone for years and years to the pre-94 section. And stop trying to derail every topic in this section. Maybe you can stop disrespecting Guns N Roses on a Guns N Roses fan site and you'd surely get plenty of respect.

The shit you spew has nothing to do with the topic. You are just a sad and bitter person who can't get over the past. So you try to ruin things for the people who still love Guns N Roses, and you know this the case.

Nintari you are not the minority. GNR was it is peak 15+ years ago.

No one is saying the peak of GnR is now. You need to learn how to read. You're another one who should be banned from this area of the site all together because all you want to do is disrespect the band and whine about an unrealistic reunion that isn't going to happen. You are probably one of the biggest losers who posts here.

I agree. There should be a forum called "Nu-Guns". We have a forum for the old band but none for the new band. The forum we're in right now just says "Guns n Roses" which is technically both bands.

I can see why someone might think that, but when you take a closer look at the board, and see that there is a section for original gnr, original gnr reunion, velvet revolver, former gunners, its plain to see that this section is meant for Guns N Roses as in the current lineup.

Don't be an idiot. And I don't think you are, I think you already know this, you just like to play dumb to cause a stir.

So go play in those 4 other sections that are dedicated to your favorite people.

It's an Axl Rose forum.

There are 7 other members in Guns N Roses, other than Axl. Slash is not one of them. Is that a disgusting thing to say? He left the band in 1995, ask him yourself.

Other than that, I've never said anything on this board about that guy, look thru my posts and show me differently.

I'll point out the same thing I pointed out to that other guy, there are 4 other sections of the board to talk about your precious former members and the super awesome old days. Try using them.

This topic has nothing to do with any of this stuff, but a few sad morons here that just can't get over the fact that Guns N Roses continued on without their fav member just wont let things be.

So the topic was why GnR doesn't play Illusions songs.

Then the Slash groupies flooded in suggesting to change the name of the forum and make Slash a moderator here, critisize the mentioning of current GnR members in this section, while they themselves hardly post in the Slash section (Former Gunners), hardly talk about his amazingly succesful album.

Perfectly logical contribution to this thread, keep it up.

So you try to ruin things for the people who still love Guns N Roses, and you know this the case.

I still love Guns N Roses. There are TWO fucking "Guns N Roses" bands and I love one of them. Stop being a bitch to me for liking something you don't anymore.

its plain to see that this section is meant for Guns N Roses as in the current lineup.

No, sorry...this is for Guns N Roses. That means past, present and future Guns N Roses news and discussion. There isn't a "nu-guns" forum and until there is, you're going to have to fucking deal with the fact that both sides exist in it.

This topic has nothing to do with any of this stuff

Um, yes it does. This thread is asking about why Axl's new bad doesn't play material from UYI.... albums written and recorded by...wait for it...THE ORIGINAL BAND. That's why this debate came up and that's why it will ALWAYS come up. You want a thread that plays out in your favor? Make one solely about the new band. If someone goes into THAT and bitches about the things you're talking about, then you'll have a case and I'll support you, but this thread here deals with the original band AND the new band.

Edited by Nintari

I still love Guns N Roses. There are TWO fucking "Guns N Roses" bands and I love one of them. Stop being a bitch to me for liking something you don't anymore.

you need to work on your reading skills. No one cares that you prefer the old lineups. Its the disrespect to the current that is bothersome.

No, sorry...this is for Guns N Roses. That means past, present and future Guns N Roses news and discussion. There isn't a "nu-guns" forum and until there is, you're going to have to fucking deal with the fact that both sides exist in it.

again, work on your reading skills. its already been pointed out to you where the old gnr lineup discussion goes, you just choose to ignore it. or maybe you are too stupid to see it but I really don't believe that to be the case.

keep ignoring the fact that there are special sections on this site for the former members. There isn't a "nu-guns" forum because there is no such thing as "nu-guns". Theres Guns N' Roses, and then theres the past Guns N' Roses lineups. Lineups that there are special sections to go to, to live in the world of nostalgia. Its there for you and no one is denying you that..

no one is denying that your side exists. no one is saying you aren't entitled to your own opinion.

Um, yes it does. This thread is asking about why Axl's new bad doesn't play material from UYI.... albums written and recorded by...wait for it...THE ORIGINAL BAND. That's why this debate came up and that's why it will ALWAYS come up. You want a thread that plays out in your favor? Make one solely about the new band. If someone goes into THAT and bitches about the things you're talking about, then you'll have a case and I'll support you, but this thread here deals with the original band AND the new band.

there really isn't a new band anymore. its 2010 now. check your calendar. Only member you can classify as "new" these days is DJ.

Maybe GNR should take note from Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen etc, who play radically different setlists every night, with some crowd favorite songs, but also songs die hards want to hear.

That would be interesting.. kind of like not knowing what to expect. I'm all for more UYI or whatever else GnR wants to play.