6 June, St Petersburg - I'll be there

galina_rs

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GnR slash is huge as 20 years ago. With cigarette as usual     about 3 hours ago  via Twitter for Android  from here  

?

Too much vodka I guess

The same guy tweeted that some sectors were almost empty.

It seems they started around 10

I have just returned from the gig. It was awesome!

God bless Axl Rose, Richard Fortus, Ron Thal, Frank Ferrer, Tommy, Dj, Dizzy and Chris! I was just four rows from the stage.

This was the best show I've been to so far.

For haters, I wanna say that Axl's just awesome! He looked perfect (for lovers, I wanna mention that photos and videos somehow make him look different than he actually does), sounded perfect (damn! hearing this voice live was like a wonderful dream) and he does care about his fans and people that come to GN'R concerts. I was drinking beer during Danko's set with my friends. And when Danko finished playing and a lady started to announce that GN'R were about to go on stage I told her to stfu 'cause it seemed to be unreal for them to appear that early. I expected that they would start about 10:30 p.m. Anyway I went to my place and the lights were out in 10-15 minutes. The show started at 9:35 p.m. beyond all expectations. The sound was the best sound I've ever heard in the so-called fan zone. It wasn't perfect but it was the best sound I've ever heard at this venue. Indisputably, Guns N' Roses and their sound crew know their stuff.

Richard and Ron were amazing. Their interaction with the audience was incredible and you could actually feel that they're there for you. I don't know why but Tommy did his best to avoid a spotlight. He shouldn't have done that. Axl just did his best and had fun. All in all (You're just another brick in the wall - btw. the audience sang this song together with Axl. And I was also surpirsed that people around me knew the lyrics of most songs) the whole band had fun. But they reduced pauses between song to a minimum. And that's not a bad thing when you need to catch trains, buses and go home by subway after the show. The show ended at 12:00 a.m. sharp.

P.S. I think they'll choose a 'standard' setlist for the gig as this is their first ever show in Russia and so on.

So, Scumcat Esq., you were fucking wrong! They played all the songs that they had played in Norway and Finland ... plus Scraped and Don't Cry (after Ron's solo)!

I'm sorry, guys, but I don't remember the exact order of songs. If you had contacted me, you'd have updates. But... alas!

P.S. I want more GN'R and I wish I could go to Moscow. :(

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

I have just returned from the gig. It was awesome!

God bless Axl Rose, Richard Fortus, Ron Thal, Frank Ferrer, Tommy, Dj, Dizzy and Chris! I was just four rows from the stage.

This was the best show I've been to so far.

For haters, I wanna say that Axl's just awesome! He looked perfect (for lovers, I wanna mention that photos and videos somehow make him look different than he actually does), sounded perfect (damn! hearing this voice live was like a wonderful dream) and he does care about his fans and people that come to GN'R concerts. I was drinking beer during Danko's set with my friends. And when Danko finished playing and a lady started to announce that GN'R were about to go on stage I told her to stfu 'cause it seemed to be unreal for them to appear that early. I expected that they would start about 10:30 p.m. Anyway I went to my place and the lights were out in 10-15 minutes. The show started at 9:35 p.m. beyond all expectations. The sound was the best sound I've ever heard in the so-called fan zone. It wasn't perfect but it was the best sound I've ever heard at this venue. Indisputably, Guns N' Roses and their sound crew know their stuff.

Richard and Ron were amazing. Their interaction with the audience was incredible and you could actually feel that they're there for you. I don't know why but Tommy did his best to avoid a spotlight. He shouldn't have done that. Axl just did his best and had fun. All in all (You're just another brick in the wall - btw. the audience sang this song together with Axl. And I was also surpirsed that people around me knew the lyrics of most songs) the whole band had fun. But they reduced pauses between song to a minimum. And that's not a bad thing when you need to catch trains, buses and go home by subway after the show. The show ended at 12:00 a.m. sharp.

P.S. I think they'll choose a 'standard' setlist for the gig as this is their first ever show in Russia and so on.

So, Scumcat Esq., you were fucking wrong! They played all the songs that they had played in Norway and Finland ... plus Scraped and Don't Cry (after Ron's solo)!

I'm sorry, guys, but I don't remember the exact order of songs. If you had contacted me, you'd have updates. But... alas!

P.S. I want more GN'R and I wish I could go to Moscow. :(

Cool to hear Scraped and Don't Cry made their return!

Also glad to hear you had a good time at the show! ;)

Cool to hear Scraped and Don't Cry made their return!

Also glad to hear you had a good time at the show! ;)

Oh yeah, I did! Thanks! :D I lost my voice. Sometimes I had to force myself not to sing along... but I couldn't resist. :lol:

Guest ben9785

Scumcat Esq thank you for sharing your stories.

By the way I found a video of "Chinese Democracy" on youtube, if anybody wants to take a look.

It is a mobile recording so consider that in the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYX4bvJpCd0

Thanks to the person who shared it.

Edited by ben9785

Thanks a lot for sharing pics and vids! It allows me to relive those amazing moments. :)

Another AMAZING CROWD tonight in St. Petersburg, Russia!! What a beautiful place this is!!! Heading to Moscow, Russia!!!!

about 6 hours ago via web

finally.. some connectivity behind the old iron curtain.. as @DJASHBA noted AMAZING CROWD tonight!

about 3 hours ago via web

still a bit charged up from the show in St. Petersburg... Moscow is gonna be huge!

about 2 hours ago via web

:) Hope they'll have as much fun in Moscow. C'mon Moscow, don't let GN'R down!

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome To The Jungle

3. It's So Easy

4. Mr. Brownstone

5. Sorry

6. Richard Fortus Guitar Solo [James Bond Theme]

7. Live And Let Die

8. This I Love

9. Rocket Queen

10. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

11. Street Of Dreams

12. You Could Be Mine