Wolfmother = Pathetic

American Psycho

They're okay. Nothing original, and they're not really good enough songwriters to pull the retro act off, but they're far from terrible... their first album had a few good singles, but a lot of filler, while the second one was more even but with lower highs (but better overall). I wouldn't mind seeing them live, they'd probably be fun.

People are to obsessed with originality. Whatever happened with just playing the kind of music you like?

I listened to their first album, but I didn't really like it. I might try their second one at some point, as I like By The Sword too much not to give Stockdale another chance.

I love Led Zeppelin but they were not exaclty original and a good portion of LZ I was basically covers of old blues songs rearranged by Jimmy Page........

Although to be honest, most bands first albums from that time were mostly covers. Stones, Jeff Beck Group, Purple etc...

Led Zeppelin were much original after the first 2 albums.

Personally I see all rock as deriviative of what came before it...I love Led Zeppelin but they were not exaclty original and a good portion of LZ I was basically covers of old blues songs rearranged by Jimmy Page........Classic Guns was influenced by Aerosmith, Hanoi Rocks, Punk influences etc...not exactly original...Even Nu GnR is nothing original....I hear a lot of Elton John, one of Axl's heroes, in Axl's ballads..........and also some original Guns, and NIN type industrial mixed into the ChiDem stew.....so it is not surprising Wolfmother wears their influences on their sleeves...

Exactly. At this point pretty much everything's been done before. When you think about it there aren't that many "original" artists. Most music is generally influenced by a predecessor. The only real originals: Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Beach Boys, The Who, Pink Floyd, and The Ramones. You can pretty much trace every rock band back to one of those artists.

You can usually trace ANYBODY to an influence and those you listed aren't exceptions to this rule.