Official Oslo, Norway June 2nd Thread

SL138

Honnestly, he was probably really pissed.

The only time I have met him in person he's been like the coolest person ever. Exactly like everybody says.

Also, I really think that he cares about his fans.

This is a personal example and I probably should not share it but anyway...

Back in 2005, I was really depressed and thought I was going crazy ( as in my body and brain did stuff they weren't supposed to do ). One evening I was pretty tired of all that bullshit and created a thread about it on Ron's forum ( about depression and nervous breakdown ) and after a while Ron posted something very personal about how he usually forces himself in the right state of mind by saying "FUCK IT" to everything that does not matter. I thanked him and then he sent me a message and said it was alright, that his forum would be pointless he we could not be there for each other when somebody needs help.

This is the kind of guy he is. He didn't have to say anything. He could have just said "get better !" or whatever but no, he took the time to write something that mattered.

Dark Angel, huge fan of Bumblefoot, lost her Guns n' Roses ticket through the mail. She was really angry about it but didn't ask anything from him. Now she's Ron's personal guest. Who else does this ?

I realize that I don't know him personally, that all I know of him is whatever he decides to show but my own experience of him has always been great.

I just hope that nothing serious happened and that if he's had a falling out with Axl, that it is solved by now. :shrugs:

Nice anecdotes.

You know, maybe I shouldn't have told my story, didn't think it would piss Ron's fans, I'm a big fan of this new line-up. It's just that I was disappointed, I just told my story, and that's it. He wasn't that "super nice caring for fans" guy, just a guy doin his job, saying the same polite replies to everyone and avoiding a real question, if I hadn't read such extreme positive reviews about him, I probably wouldn't have tried to talk to him you know, but he felt, and built this very nice reputation so I gave it a shot and was disappointed twice. But I like to think that he really was in a bad week in Norway and hope nothing too important happened with Axl, this line-up is the shit.

All in all, I don't care, it doesn't affect me personnally, I still enjoy the music and who knows, maybe I'll get the chance to talk to him in a better mood some other times, but only now I don't expect him to be that surreal guy that's so nice, and I think that's better.

What counts: Axl was the best. :thumbsup:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ben9785

People have good and bad days man, it's disappointing that you caught him at a bad time and it affected your experience but thanks for sharing your story anyway.

okay so that concert was the best ive ever been too. Axls voice have improved ALOT since 2006!

The whole band was on fire. And all the songs they played was perfectly done. Hlights were CD, This I Love, Sorry, November Rain, Better, Maddy, Nightrain.......all of them really :P

I really wish they would have played Shacklers Revenge and TWAT tough... maybe they will play them in sweden :)

I looked for you at the Bergen show, guess you weren't there then :(

okay so that concert was the best ive ever been too. Axls voice have improved ALOT since 2006!

The whole band was on fire. And all the songs they played was perfectly done. Hlights were CD, This I Love, Sorry, November Rain, Better, Maddy, Nightrain.......all of them really :P

I really wish they would have played Shacklers Revenge and TWAT tough... maybe they will play them in sweden :)

I looked for you at the Bergen show, guess you weren't there then :(

aw, sorry wasnt there.. :P

No wonder Roger Waters imagined planes shooting the stadium crowds.

+1 on your post.

Anyways, do you have more info on that one? Sounds hillarious to me...!

If you've seen Pink Floyd: The Wall (film), that's the inspiration for the "In The Flesh" sequence, and actually, the inspiration for the album song.

They did these football stadium shows and Roger snapped at a fan, and realized how sick and dehumanizing the experience was of doing shows that big and how he had, in his mind, been hating the crowds.

"If I had my way, I'd have all of you shot!"

• 2 weeks later...

Before Guns went on the road last year I thought that with this tour, Axl would be really focused in showing those songs that took him so long to release, Catcher, TWAT, Prostitute... I wasn't expecting a setlist full of CD songs, but at least the most important had to be there, and play them all rotating from concert to concert. Now I don't know what to think...

Yeah. I don't get it either ... :question:

thats a mindblowing solo and a mindblowing vocal performance in mindblowing quality :D

I've even one with a better quality but its 550mb just for 3 mins !

Ashba's solo sounds perfect, like if I was listening to the album. Cool to see the crowd appreciating a good song. :thumbsup: