New GNR is a caged bird that's needs to be set free

Kaneda

I know how to "free the bird", change the name of the band.

Axl had to do that since he got the cute idea of destroying the band in 1994, Phil Collins didn't need to use the name of Genesis to keep his fame to date!

...Paul McCartney is still around as well ! so I wonder why Mr Rose still wanna fool people around (at tellin' that GNR is alive? ) :confused:

True. Once Ringo dies, I wonder if Paul will consider himself "the last man standing" and start caaling himself The Beatles.

Axl insulted the decent fans when he tried to fool us all in 2001...Paul is richer than Mr Rose cuz he never lied to the Beatles fans! B)

Axl had to do that since he got the cute idea of destroying the band in 1994, Phil Collins didn't need to use the name of Genesis to keep his fame to date!

...Paul McCartney is still around as well ! so I wonder why Mr Rose still wanna fool people around (at tellin' that GNR is alive? ) :confused:

True. Once Ringo dies, I wonder if Paul will consider himself "the last man standing" and start caaling himself The Beatles.

Axl insulted the decent fans when he tried to fool us all in 2001...Paul is richer than Mr Rose cuz he never lied to the Beatles fans! B)

Axl never tried to "fool the fans", you're just delusional. Everyone knew in '01 that no original members were left, and no one alluded to the fact that any of them would be playing with GN'R in '01.

And no, Paul McCartney is richer than Axl because The Beatles were bigger than Jesus. GN'R wasn't.

On that note, shuck it, BarquisimetoRock. Shuck it long, shuck it hard.

It's not a question of the unreleased tracks being "better" than what's on Chinese D. What I love about Axl and his music is each song's uniqueness. I mean really, what artist out there takes so many musical risks as Axl and succeeds? A lot of this has to do with his incredible voice and range. Chinese D was an album that had something for everyone on it. Who knows what the other material sounds like, but I'm willing to bet that Axl has some great stuff there. The man simply does not create crappy music. This thread has gotten a little off topic. All I am saying is this band will create amazing music together if they decide to. They shouldn't spend time polishing or re-arranging songs written by other incredible artists. They should have the freedom to define the band that they are in. Let's see how it plays out.

Jesus Christ, you guys. It's over. GnR in it's current state will never become this cultural sensation no matter how good the music is. This band isn't going to suddenly strike a chord with the younger generation and become a big thing. The only thing people want is a reunion and that includes record companies. That's the only thing that will ever propel Axl into the spotlight again and have a chance to create any kind of "magic." I don't think there is a label that would want to touch the current thing with a 10 foot pole so the idea of a new album is ludicrous. Come on, do any of you really think Axl would finish a record that quick - even if it's based on old material? He's way too much of a perfectionist, it would take years. I can't believe some of you think there is an album in the works or even completed for god sakes, I don't care what the rumors are.

I could see a bit of everything, if Bucket did a great part keep it, but then if DJ writes a cool song then that makes it on. But maybe this band has gelled so well they could whip up a new album.

Phil Collins didn't need to use the name of Genesis to keep his fame to date!

...Paul McCartney is still around as well !

I remember reading an interview with David Gilmour where he stated that he would have no problem

going out with just himself (and no other Floyd members) as Pink Floyd. Granted this was before

Rick Wright had passed. And why not, he successfully released A Momentary Lapse of Reason

which is essentially himself and a large cast of hired players and writers. Learning to Fly has

keyboards by Jon Carin (who also has a writing credit), some bloke name Anthony Moore wrote

the words and famed session player Tony Levin is rocking the bass. Floyd drummer Nick Mason

and Rick Wright are listed but more for legal reasons, they are barely on the record - if at all in

Wright's case. Even still, the general public (most of them) will call the above "Pink Floyd", so

why can't Axl have a go?

So it's not exactly the same as the Axl / Guns situation, but it is interesting especially considering:

A: Axl was reportedly seen at one of Roger Water's LA concerts in 2000 (he has stated he is a fan) and

B: Axl specifically mentioned the Pink Floyd situation in comparison to Guns (which was oddly surreal)

For me, if there's no Waters it's not Floyd. I don't buy the albums, I didn't see the tours.

I'm certainly aware of the music, some of it's not bad but it will never be real Pink Floyd.

Even with 3 out of 4 "classic-era" members, it's like The Beatles without Lennon for me.

With GNR, I was an old-school fan but things changed when Steven got the boot and the band

started getting out of control. I know what we have today isn't really the same but musically

I like them better than 90's / Matt Sorum / No Izzy / wasted sloppy playing GNR by a long shot.

I'll see them live (with no whining when they come on at midnight) and buy a tour shirt. For

some reason I have more of an emotional tie to Floyd than with GNR, I can't explain it.

Edited by sphere79

I'm sorry but anyone who believes that the material that is unreleased is better than Chinese Democracy is a complete idiot, a too much hopeful dissillusioned fan, or just a cupcake who wants whatever they can not have.

Regardless, there is a reason that those (which we only know the names of!!!) songs did not make CD. They are not good enough, or not equal to and obviously not better than ANY of the songs of Chinese Democracy.

I'm sorry but if u can come up with a better reason those songs "the magic bird" or whatever the hell u wanna call em' were not on Chinese Democracy (a album that took countless years, money, and players to make).

nothing wrong with hope but can u guys use some common sense. have some hope for the current band if u want to.

If that's the case then Axl must have sat around and jacked off for 14 years. He can do better than what came out on CD or at least he used to be able to.

Thats just your opinion of CD. Thank you for adding another categorey of people who believe the songs not on CD are better than those of CD. A person who simply did not like Chinese Democracy!

and thats really stupid considering the same band members that played on CD played on the unreleased material.

but hey u know the song titles and they sound better than the titles of CD songs so atleast u got that going for ya.

I am not saying the unreleased stuff is better. I am just saying that if what was on CD was the cream of the crop then it's a sad sad commentary on an album worked on for 15 years. If Silkworms and OMG are indicators then perhaps the best did come out. It just stains the legacy of GnR. Nothing on CD was worth destroying the original band, nothing.

I really hope the songs that came out on CD were NOT the best of what they had...better is cool, and I really like prostitute, but come one...15 yrs. for that...

Not a hater, but hopeful there is bigger and better stuff soon to come...if ever!

dpv

Axl never tried to "fool the fans", you're just delusional. Everyone knew in '01 that no original members were left, and no one alluded to the fact that any of them would be playing with GN'R in '01.

And no, Paul McCartney is richer than Axl because The Beatles were bigger than Jesus. GN'R wasn't.

The Beatles was just a simple band who got fame in the 60's cuz those days there was nothing nice to see on tv, GNR had much more money than them in the90's cuz gnr toured South America, the got paid for a stupid interview those days, the beatles never get paid over those countries, they just sold out albums but they didn't tour the planet like GNR, Paul is richer than Axl cuz axl lost all his money without working for years while Paul has been working since then! ...did u already notice the difference???? :rolleyes:

I can't believe some of you think there is an album in the works or even completed for god sakes, I don't care what the rumors are.

Don't talk like you know shit.

MSL > you

I'm not talking like I know shit you cockeyed bag of fuck tarts, it's simply an opinion.

Jesus Christ, you guys. It's over. GnR in it's current state will never become this cultural sensation no matter how good the music is. This band isn't going to suddenly strike a chord with the younger generation and become a big thing. The only thing people want is a reunion and that includes record companies. That's the only thing that will ever propel Axl into the spotlight again and have a chance to create any kind of "magic." I don't think there is a label that would want to touch the current thing with a 10 foot pole so the idea of a new album is ludicrous. Come on, do any of you really think Axl would finish a record that quick - even if it's based on old material? He's way too much of a perfectionist, it would take years. I can't believe some of you think there is an album in the works or even completed for god sakes, I don't care what the rumors are.

Well, I don't want a reunion. It would be cool, but I reliezed it'll never happen. The record companies, Azoff and the fans of the old band all want a reunion. Unfortanly it'll never happen.

The band could have been a huge hit if they promoted the CD, released video's, did interviews. Even playing on the VMA's the night the album came out would have been a great way to get new fans. Oddly, when the album came out, Axl went AWOL and didn't do any promotion whatsoever. :shrugs:

Didn't GN'R already hand an album into UMG with finished material, but UMG delyed it?I think there is an album in the works and one finished. Dizzy and DJ confirmed an album being worked on a few day's ago. The oly thing I know, we'll hear new music soon. I doubt Axl is gonna work on another album for another 10 years.

The Beatles was just a simple band who got fame in the 60's cuz those days there was nothing nice to see on tv, GNR had much more money than them in the90's cuz gnr toured South America, the got paid for a stupid interview those days, the beatles never get paid over those countries, they just sold out albums but they didn't tour the planet like GNR, Paul is richer than Axl cuz axl lost all his money without working for years while Paul has been working since then! ...did u already notice the difference???? :rolleyes:

YEAH!