So this time i met Axl - and the rest of the band...

Hejanne

In 2006 i ran into Bumblefoot, Tommy, Richard and Robin, this year: All of them...

First we met 'The rest of the band' outside the hotel, Bumblefoot was really mad at Axl for being late, but still nice to us - as always. Much later Axl showed up, we hornestly didn't expect that! He seemed kind of tired and not in a very good mood, but he was cool and nice enough to take some pics and even joking a little about the show - when he went into the hotel, we said something about 'great show' and he replied 'So I guess we pulled it of anyway...'

dsc02813h.th.jpg

dsc02812x.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc02809v.th.jpg

dsc02808d.th.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2006 i ran into Bumblefoot, Tommy, Richard and Robin, this year: All of them...

First we met 'The rest of the band' outside the hotel, Bumblefoot was really mad at Axl for being late, but still nice to us - as always. Much later Axl showed up, we hornestly didn't expect that! He seemed kind of tired and not in a very good mood, but he was cool and nice enough to take some pics and even joking a little about the show - when he went into the hotel, we said something about 'great show' and he replied 'So I guess we pulled it of anyway...'

dsc02813h.th.jpg

dsc02812x.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc02809v.th.jpg

dsc02808d.th.jpg

I imagine when Axl appeared you couldn't believe it, haha.

Great pics!

Awesome.

I only met Tommy, Ron, Richard, Chris and Frank at the airport. With Fernando and some crew, really friendly guys. And let me take pics with them.

Was strange to see GNR quing up to buy paninni's and cups of tea at the airport haha. Were a sound bunch.

Your lucky u got to meet the rest of them.

please tell more about Bumblefoot madness,,,did he really tell you that`??

He said, that he was sorry, that we had to wait so long before the concert, and that we didn't deserve it. We saw the rest of the band arrive at Vestlandshallen at 15.00 or something, so they to had to wait a long time for Axl...

When we asked Bumblefoot, if knewed, if Axl was already at the hotel he said something like 'Who knows, no one knows where Axl is'. He was definitely not happy, when he said it, that's for sure.

We told Bumblefoot, that we would see them in Denmark too, and he asked if we would come to meet and greet then - and of course we would rock3

If all this true, while I understand the frustration, I think Bumblefoot should keep his mouth shut and not air business between the band members in public. That is, if there is no embellishment here.

Ali

If all this true, while I understand the frustration, I think Bumblefoot should keep his mouth shut and not air business between the band members in public. That is, if there is no embellishment here.

Ali

Maybe he was just really pissed at the situation, wasn't Axl's plane delayed for 24 hours or something?

Guest siliconmessiah

Ali

This is Guns N Roses.

* Tension.

* Scandals.

* Passion for the music.

*Cancellations.

*Member swaps.

This is Guns N Roses.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Ali

I think you should keep your mouth shut instead. Bands have disagreements all the time. Isnt this "rock n roll"? Or would you rather GNR continue just playing it safe and everyone and their mom continues to just be all gee golly aw shux in GNR land?

Im sure all the guys hate that they have to wait for Axl. It is what it is. Its not a big deal either way.

Edited by youngunner

Ali

I think you should keep your mouth shut instead. Bands have disagreements all the time. Isnt this "rock n roll"? Or would you rather GNR continue just playing it safe and everyone and their mom continues to just be all gee golly aw shux in GNR land?

Im sure all the guys hate that they have to wait for Axl. It is what it is. Its not a big deal either way.

You missed the point. It's not about whether or not bands have disagreements. Of course they do. It's about airing internal dirty laundry in public. It's just not a good idea. As someone like Ron, who allowed my frustration to get the better of me, I speak from experience when I say no good comes of airing professional dirty laundry in public. It is not a good habit to get into.

Ali

Edited by Ali

When Axl arrive so late on stage as in bergen, the crowd is already tired before the show begins. So actually Axl has to pay the price for it himself. The air in the arena was aweul already before the show startet and people were tired waiting and off course hadnt to much energy when the show started. it was an ok show, nothing more. In some of the songs Axl was completely uninterested and others he was in top shape. but all the jams and solos and axl running of stage ist too good.

I'm not surprised, Ron always was for the fans and doing everything 100% for them. Axl goes with his own rules, whether or not Ron was pissed about Axl or the situation he always has said nothing but positive things(other than him being late) about Axl. I know Ron likes being in Guns and isn't in it for the money, in fact I'm sure he's there for the millions of fans.

I know that some people ( including past band members ) apparently believe Ron is in for the money.

I...really....really don't think it's the case.

FACTS :

1. Ron used to play Guns n' Roses covers with a band called "Leonard Nimoy" back in the nineties

2. Ron recorded a funny SCOM cover with a band he was producing at the time

3. Ron actually hesitated for a bit when he was asked because his life was complete at the time and when management put a gag order on him, he declined the job and said he wasn't the right guy

4. Ron is the only guy in GnR who actually took the time to do some promo for the band and flew in Europe and talked about Chinese Democracy, Axl & GnR

5. Ron hasn't recorded a solo record in almost three years now. Never heard him talk about his BaldFreak label in any GnR related interview. He only talks about his solo albums when asked by the interviewer after he realizes that Ron can't say much about Guns.

6. Ron does accoustic shows for the fans when concerts get canceled...what kind of personal promotion is that ? If you think he is a double faced guy, I believe it's wrong. Ron is the guy who actually sent me a link to download one of his album before it was even released just because I had sent him a "Merry Xmas email" a few years back. That's his nature. He's a genuine nice guy.

7. The fact that he changed his whole guitar playing for this tour shows he cares...

8. Yes, he's the professional type and yes he cares about the fans. I can give dozens of examples including a very personal one...

9. Ron is the ONLY guy in the band who actually talks so it automatically makes him look like he's trying to use GnR as a career opportunity to some people.

10. On the other hand, he IS IN GUNS n' ROSES so why wouldn't he say so ?

I don't read too much into this guy said that this guyd said something thing, sorry it's impossible to know what was said and the tone it was said in. When asked where is Axl to any band member the ongoing joke is for them to respond I dont know, lol.