So this time i met Axl - and the rest of the band...

Hejanne

I know that some people ( including past band members ) apparently believe Ron is in for the money.

I...really....really don't think it's the case.

FACTS :

1. Ron used to play Guns n' Roses covers with a band called "Leonard Nimoy" back in the nineties

2. Ron recorded a funny SCOM cover with a band he was producing at the time

3. Ron actually hesitated for a bit when he was asked because his life was complete at the time and when management put a gag order on him, he declined the job and said he wasn't the right guy

4. Ron is the only guy in GnR who actually took the time to do some promo for the band and flew in Europe and talked about Chinese Democracy, Axl & GnR

5. Ron hasn't recorded a solo record in almost three years now. Never heard him talk about his BaldFreak label in any GnR related interview. He only talks about his solo albums when asked by the interviewer after he realizes that Ron can't say much about Guns.

6. Ron does accoustic shows for the fans when concerts get canceled...what kind of personal promotion is that ? If you think he is a double faced guy, I believe it's wrong. Ron is the guy who actually sent me a link to download one of his album before it was even released just because I had sent him a "Merry Xmas email" a few years back. That's his nature. He's a genuine nice guy.

7. The fact that he changed his whole guitar playing for this tour shows he cares...

8. Yes, he's the professional type and yes he cares about the fans. I can give dozens of examples including a very personal one...

9. Ron is the ONLY guy in the band who actually talks so it automatically makes him look like he's trying to use GnR as a career opportunity to some people.

10. On the other hand, he IS IN GUNS n' ROSES so why wouldn't he say so ?

Glow, I think I fell in love all over again. It's good to find someone who is as big of a fan for Ron as me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If all this true, while I understand the frustration, I think Bumblefoot should keep his mouth shut and not air business between the band members in public. That is, if there is no embellishment here.

Ali

Maybe he was just really pissed at the situation, wasn't Axl's plane delayed for 24 hours or something?

Lame excuse. Axl could take the plane together with the other members of the band.

If all this true, while I understand the frustration, I think Bumblefoot should keep his mouth shut and not air business between the band members in public. That is, if there is no embellishment here.

Ali

Maybe he was just really pissed at the situation, wasn't Axl's plane delayed for 24 hours or something?

Lame excuse. Axl could take the plane together with the other members of the band.

How do you know he could? Maybe he had some bizzness to take care of and couldn't make that flight - you don't know.

Ali

I think it's pretty cool the guy apologized for SOMEONE ELSE being late and realizing what a inconvenience it is for people to wait for 90+ minutes.

Ali

I think it's pretty cool the guy apologized for SOMEONE ELSE being late and realizing what a inconvenience it is for people to wait for 90+ minutes.

Apologizing is one thing. Making it known that there is some tension or frustration internally to those external to the situation, the fans, is another. Like I said, I don't see any good coming from airing dirty laundry in public. Furthermore, as an example, I remember when I saw VR about three years ago, they were late on stage. Duff apologized for this in an audio interview I heard, but he did so without pointing a finger or venting about it publicly. I know and understand it must be frustrating for Ron, but letting his feelings be known publicly, airing dirty laundry in public, is not beneficial in the long term.

Ali

Ron is awesome. Just because he voiced his displeasure about Axl being late doesn't mean anything. The band may even crack jokes about it. I know Axl does things the way he wants too and that's that. Could you imagine Axl being earlier than planned and the guys saying "Hey man, you're early...the show doesn't start for a couple of hours."

I don't think Ron's comments should be over analysed.

Congrats to the folk who were lucky enough to meet the band. I would be too starstruck to say anything.

Ali

Apologizing is one thing. Making it known that there is some tension or frustration internally to those external to the situation, the fans, is another. Like I said, I don't see any good coming from airing dirty laundry in public. Furthermore, as an example, I remember when I saw VR about three years ago, they were late on stage. Duff apologized for this in an audio interview I heard, but he did so without pointing a finger or venting about it publicly. I know and understand it must be frustrating for Ron, but letting his feelings be known publicly, airing dirty laundry in public, is not beneficial in the long term.

Ali

I understand and agree with what you're saying. But sometimes enough is enough and your frustration gets the better of you.

i can't believe you guys are arguing about this. First of all, this is HERESAY coming from someone whose native language isn't even english (so there are translation problems). Second of all, if Ron really was upset, no one knows why. It's more likely that he was upset at the SITUATION of Axl's plane being delayed 24 hours. Why would he be upset with Axl? I don't think Axl controls ash plumes from volcanoes in Iceland.

I know that some people ( including past band members ) apparently believe Ron is in for the money.

FACTS :

1. Ron used to play Guns n' Roses covers with a band called "Leonard Nimoy" back in the nineties

3. Ron actually hesitated for a bit when he was asked because his life was complete at the time and when management put a gag order on him, he declined the job and said he wasn't the right guy

4. Ron is the only guy in GnR who actually took the time to do some promo for the band and flew in Europe and talked about Chinese Democracy, Axl & GnR

5. Ron hasn't recorded a solo record in almost three years now. Never heard him talk about his BaldFreak label in any GnR related interview. He only talks about his solo albums when asked by the interviewer after he realizes that Ron can't say much about Guns.

6. Ron does accoustic shows for the fans when concerts get canceled...what kind of personal promotion is that ? If you think he is a double faced guy, I believe it's wrong. Ron is the guy who actually sent me a link to download one of his album before it was even released just because I had sent him a "Merry Xmas email" a few years back. That's his nature. He's a genuine nice guy.

7. The fact that he changed his whole guitar playing for this tour shows he cares...

8. Yes, he's the professional type and yes he cares about the fans. I can give dozens of examples including a very personal one...

9. Ron is the ONLY guy in the band who actually talks so it automatically makes him look like he's trying to use GnR as a career opportunity to some people.

Totally wrong in most points, I won't go into them because no time but yeah. GnR for Bumble = retirement stocks and advancing own career, while travelling the world, playing in front of lots of people, and get paid a nice wage.

Not that I blame him, many other guitarists would too..seriously, nothing wrong with that, everyone wants to secure their own and their families future...but let's not pretend he isn't in it for that. He doens't even like GnR music for starters and people close to him know this (same for Stinson, he can't stand GnR music) but behind the curtains he still did everything he could to get in GnR.

Edited by LLL

FACTS :

Totally wrong in most points, I won't go into them because no time but yeah. GnR for Bumble = retirement stocks and advancing own career, while travelling the world, playing in front of lots of people, and get paid a nice wage.

Not that I blame him, many other guitarists would too..seriously, nothing wrong with that, everyone wants to secure their own and their families future...but let's not pretend he isn't in it for that. He doens't even like GnR music for starters and people close to him know this (same for Stinson, he can't stand GnR music) but behind the curtains he still did everything he could to get in GnR.

Really, clearly you are just making yourself looks as dumb as moreblack. He posts facts about Bumblefoot, you basicly say....no that's not true. Belive me he cares enough to be in the band, had cared like Buckethead, he would have left years ago. The only person I can think of that is in there with the slightest possiblity of being just greedy is DJ and even then I doubt it.

This is probably not that important, but I don't really get the timeline of your meeting... seems like it was after the concert, but it's daytime on the Axl pics (who came later) and nighttime at the other two pics.

This is probably not that important, but I don't really get the timeline of your meeting... seems like it was after the concert, but it's daytime on the Axl pics (who came later) and nighttime at the other two pics.

I see why you're confused. Here in Norway it's light almost 24/7 now. I gets a bit darker around 2-3am, and then the light comes back.

And it's great to see your pictures Anne, love them! I remember you were both so excited while you told us about it at the airport :D You were right btw. Axl is an awesome person. We met him, Ron, DJ and Richard in Oslo. But I'll tell more about that later :)

i can't believe you guys are arguing about this. First of all, this is HERESAY coming from someone whose native language isn't even english (so there are translation problems). Second of all, if Ron really was upset, no one knows why. It's more likely that he was upset at the SITUATION of Axl's plane being delayed 24 hours. Why would he be upset with Axl? I don't think Axl controls ash plumes from volcanoes in Iceland.

Bublefoot even wrote an autograph for someone saying 'Don't be late'. The rest of the band arrived to the arena several hours before the show, Axl landed in Bergen one hour before he was suposed to go on stage - I'm not complaining, I could have waited even longer. English might not be my first language, but there is no doubt in my mind, that Bumblefoot was upset about Axls delay.

Not sure why Axl were late, he said something at the concert about being in L.A. 24 hours before being on stage, whatever that meant...

Now back to being jealous of me :P

I see why you're confused. Here in Norway it's light almost 24/7 now. I gets a bit darker around 2-3am, and then the light comes back.

And it's great to see your pictures Anne, love them! I remember you were both so excited while you told us about it at the airport :D You were right btw. Axl is an awesome person. We met him, Ron, DJ and Richard in Oslo. But I'll tell more about that later :)

Wow, I didn't know that, sounds like a nightmare to me... or no sleep at all! :) How do you guys deal with this, is it hard to fall asleep?

You met Axl!? Tell us, tell, tell, tell, tell, tell...!

FACTS :

Bullshit.

FACTS :

DJ Ashba's the same way. Ringtones, new guitar etc. He slapped that GNR name everywhere his name is mentioned in order to promote/sell something. Axl doesn't seem to mind though. Whatever gets the word out on these guys and gets the GNR name out to more people

FACTS :

Stinson and Ron can't stand GN'R music - Source? Or shut the fuck up.

Couple of things here:

I hate going to a show..having my relax on then having to wait for hours . Ya get tired. You get bored. 99% of the people that are there have jobs, kids, hotels travel all of that and it wears on you ...beer at 8.00 a cup. Pissers full of pissers...

then imagine what it takes to get all psyched up as a band member and crew? Like warming up for a football game three hours before its to start. You hit the stage and you can feel the hostility and the ill will directed.. doesnt creat a rock and roll environment... creates an Oh shit Asshole situation... You paid to be entertained and to see a good show.. not sit around waiting.

Axl stops the show and yells at people throwing shit...." Your ruining the show for everyone" Um ...Axl....get a watch. (Quick lets all take up a collection here and buy Axl a watch with an alarm on it )

As I said, Ron used to cover Guns n' Roses with his band back in the nineties...How does he hate GnR ? :confused:

And Tommy said in an interview that he wasn't sure about joining GnR at first because he wasn't a Guns n' Roses fan.

Doesn't mean he didn't enjoy making Chinese Democracy or that he hates playing these songs live...

Besides, if it was such a big secret, I doubt he would reveal it to Bass Guitar Magazine...

The exact quote :

Tommy Stinson: My friend Josh Freese was playing drums with the band. I ran into him in a Hollywood rehearsal hall, and he mentioned that Duff had quit, then he asked if I knew any bass players. We just kind or laughed about it, because it sounded like a funny thing for me to go audition for Guns N' Roses.

Guns N' Roses were never my thing when the band first came out - they just weren't my style. I thought at least it would be fun to play with Josh. But I learned five or six songs for the audition. We basically just jammed, and it was pretty fun. They seriously needed a bass player, so they asked if I'd do it.

BPM: Why do you think you were the right guy for this gig?

Tommy: "The only thing I could grasp at is that I have the kind of punk-rock attack that Duff did. He wasn't really a Metal guy - he had punk roots. On the other hand. he's got sensibilities that are different from mine. I couldn't place exactly what they are - they're unique to each one of us."