So this time i met Axl - and the rest of the band...

Hejanne

Guest gunns5

@ the op, if you have chats with any of the band members, you should kinda keep those moments close to your chest. Remember what happened with revolver from the board (I think that was his username) and he said something , and then Axl said something about him in that whole madison ownage, and Revolver was misunderstood because of that whole T shirt incident

All im saying is, and it goes for the other fans, if you are fortunate enough to meet with the band/any of them, keep those moments to yourself to not cause any trouble for being misunderstood by something you might say on a gnr forum.

Edited by gunns5

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"hopefully you don't get Ron in trouble"

ahahahaha.

Seriously guys, there is so many ways this could be taken the wrong way. Guns could have taken the stage late because the sound guy said an amp just blew or something, and Ron could have been in a bad mood or jet lagged or anything, the poster ASKED Ron if Axl was at the hotel, so his shitty mood could have just reflected on the answer, it wasn't like he was just standing outside the hotel shouting "oh fuck sake Axl ain't here AGAIN!!"

You lot really read too much into things here.

please tell more about Bumblefoot madness,,,did he really tell you that`??

He said, that he was sorry, that we had to wait so long before the concert, and that we didn't deserve it. We saw the rest of the band arrive at Vestlandshallen at 15.00 or something, so they to had to wait a long time for Axl...

When we asked Bumblefoot, if knewed, if Axl was already at the hotel he said something like 'Who knows, no one knows where Axl is'. He was definitely not happy, when he said it, that's for sure.

We told Bumblefoot, that we would see them in Denmark too, and he asked if we would come to meet and greet then - and of course we would rock3

I know Ron is a great guy and loves his fans, I just hope he doesnt get tired of Axl in any way.

Edited by batman007

This is probably not that important, but I don't really get the timeline of your meeting... seems like it was after the concert, but it's daytime on the Axl pics (who came later) and nighttime at the other two pics.

I see why you're confused. Here in Norway it's light almost 24/7 now. I gets a bit darker around 2-3am, and then the light comes back.

And it's great to see your pictures Anne, love them! I remember you were both so excited while you told us about it at the airport :D You were right btw. Axl is an awesome person. We met him, Ron, DJ and Richard in Oslo. But I'll tell more about that later :)

Wow, I didn't know that, sounds like a nightmare to me... or no sleep at all! :) How do you guys deal with this, is it hard to fall asleep?

You met Axl!? Tell us, tell, tell, tell, tell, tell...!

You get used to it after some time ;)

I just wrote about it in the Oslo thread. But I can tell you that from what I have talked to them, Axl, Ron, Richard, DJ and Dizzy are really nice and cool people.

I know that some people ( including past band members ) apparently believe Ron is in for the money.

I...really....really don't think it's the case.

FACTS :

1. Ron used to play Guns n' Roses covers with a band called "Leonard Nimoy" back in the nineties

2. Ron recorded a funny SCOM cover with a band he was producing at the time

3. Ron actually hesitated for a bit when he was asked because his life was complete at the time and when management put a gag order on him, he declined the job and said he wasn't the right guy

4. Ron is the only guy in GnR who actually took the time to do some promo for the band and flew in Europe and talked about Chinese Democracy, Axl & GnR

5. Ron hasn't recorded a solo record in almost three years now. Never heard him talk about his BaldFreak label in any GnR related interview. He only talks about his solo albums when asked by the interviewer after he realizes that Ron can't say much about Guns.

6. Ron does accoustic shows for the fans when concerts get canceled...what kind of personal promotion is that ? If you think he is a double faced guy, I believe it's wrong. Ron is the guy who actually sent me a link to download one of his album before it was even released just because I had sent him a "Merry Xmas email" a few years back. That's his nature. He's a genuine nice guy.

7. The fact that he changed his whole guitar playing for this tour shows he cares...

8. Yes, he's the professional type and yes he cares about the fans. I can give dozens of examples including a very personal one...

9. Ron is the ONLY guy in the band who actually talks so it automatically makes him look like he's trying to use GnR as a career opportunity to some people.

10. On the other hand, he IS IN GUNS n' ROSES so why wouldn't he say so ?

Totally wrong in most points, I won't go into them because no time but yeah.

That is where your whole post falls apart.

I know that some people ( including past band members ) apparently believe Ron is in for the money.

I...really....really don't think it's the case.

FACTS :

1. Ron used to play Guns n' Roses covers with a band called "Leonard Nimoy" back in the nineties

2. Ron recorded a funny SCOM cover with a band he was producing at the time

3. Ron actually hesitated for a bit when he was asked because his life was complete at the time and when management put a gag order on him, he declined the job and said he wasn't the right guy

4. Ron is the only guy in GnR who actually took the time to do some promo for the band and flew in Europe and talked about Chinese Democracy, Axl & GnR

5. Ron hasn't recorded a solo record in almost three years now. Never heard him talk about his BaldFreak label in any GnR related interview. He only talks about his solo albums when asked by the interviewer after he realizes that Ron can't say much about Guns.

6. Ron does accoustic shows for the fans when concerts get canceled...what kind of personal promotion is that ? If you think he is a double faced guy, I believe it's wrong. Ron is the guy who actually sent me a link to download one of his album before it was even released just because I had sent him a "Merry Xmas email" a few years back. That's his nature. He's a genuine nice guy.

7. The fact that he changed his whole guitar playing for this tour shows he cares...

8. Yes, he's the professional type and yes he cares about the fans. I can give dozens of examples including a very personal one...

9. Ron is the ONLY guy in the band who actually talks so it automatically makes him look like he's trying to use GnR as a career opportunity to some people.

10. On the other hand, he IS IN GUNS n' ROSES so why wouldn't he say so ?

Totally wrong in most points, I won't go into them because no time but yeah. GnR for Bumble = retirement stocks and advancing own career, while travelling the world, playing in front of lots of people, and get paid a nice wage.

Not that I blame him, many other guitarists would too..seriously, nothing wrong with that, everyone wants to secure their own and their families future...but let's not pretend he isn't in it for that. He doens't even like GnR music for starters and people close to him know this (same for Stinson, he can't stand GnR music) but behind the curtains he still did everything he could to get in GnR.

has it never occurred to you that most of the time you're the one who's wrong?

like this time

glow inc. is right

how the fuck can you say glow inc's totally wrong when 90% of these points are personal experiences?

that's right, you can't!

seriously