Anybody else think Axl's taking a break in a few weeks so he can go watch the World Cup?

ITW 2012

• 2 weeks later...

The US have captured my imagination, they have a few prem players. Dempsey, Donovan would be in England squad. They won that 2-2, 3-2 - why was that disallowed. Bullshit. It was great game. If they can make it out of group, they could get to semis, even final.

The US have captured my imagination, they have a few prem players. Dempsey, Donovan would be in England squad. They won that 2-2, 3-2 - why was that disallowed. Bullshit. It was great game. If they can make it out of group, they could get to semis, even final.

thats a BIG if :thumbsup:

thats a BIG if :thumbsup:

not really they've just got to beat Algeria?

Algeria left their bus in their penalty box after the England game so they won't be able to park it again.

U.S. fans have a lot in common with English fans. Mostly delusions of granduer.

England are top 4 in the world ranking, hardly ever lose a game? I think they went out on penos in the last two WC qfs?

High expectations more like.

Not sure what the US think, but they should be into next round from this position.

I think Axl should take a short break and then plan a full US tour!

I think we US fans have waited long enough. It'll be close to a year by the time this so called "world" tour is done and still no mention of a US date.

Well, at least the former GNR members are touring the US, but it really would be so cool for Axl to do a US tour before I get too old to remember who he is? ha ha

Stupid thread to respond to, but maybe...

Talking of which, I went to the Paris show (4 years ago today), and I have been getting a lot of stick from my pals because I chose the GN'R gig ahead of England vs. Sweden, and apparently Axl came on late that night because he was watching the game backstage...

U.S.A. is going all the way this year!!! U.S.A. is going to win. Trust me.

if USA win the world cup this year i'll eat my football

:rofl-lol:

like they'll ever win :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

It's not our sport, so I'm ok with that. The same with Hockey. Unlike the rest of the world our best athletes play in the NFL,MLB and NBA. To me, winning the World Cup would be great, but I'll never expect nor really care about it.

In order to win it, we'd all have to care about it and for the most part, we don't.

U.S.A. is going all the way this year!!! U.S.A. is going to win. Trust me.

if USA win the world cup this year i'll eat my football

:rofl-lol:

like they'll ever win :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

It's not our sport, so I'm ok with that. The same with Hockey. Unlike the rest of the world our best athletes play in the NFL,MLB and NBA. To me, winning the World Cup would be great, but I'll never expect nor really care about it.

In order to win it, we'd all have to care about it and for the most part, we don't.

thats the right spirit :thumbsup: