Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

But you defend that Axl does things his way, that's just the way it is. He comes on when he comes on, tough, deal with it. But so did the audience, they did things their way, they threw bottles, tough deal with it. I just think that with that attitude, there will be fewer and fewer concerts and fewer people who get to see Axl's amazing showmanship.

This is exactly the situation as I see it. And the fear I have for GNR. One of the sides has to adapt to the other or it won't work out any longer. Especially with the press pushing this conflict. Unfortunately, I don't see the audience changing for Axl's sake any time soon, and I don't want Axl to give in to these customer-minded audiences and their puchase-attitude towards GNR concerts. Hoping for a wonder, what else can I do? :shrugs:

Edited by Granny

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl is taking care himself and the band .. he has to be healthy in the shows he has scheduled ...

he cant be hurt by any crazy .. he cant asume the risk, to get hurt and then cant be in the next show

i love the way he is .. so professional, he looks sad .. and worried

maxldizzy.jpg

maxlenojado.jpg

What I do take objection to, is Axl coming back out and giving the remaining fans a half-assed performance. Why punish thousands of fans because of two or three drunken idiots? The majority of that audience just wanted to have a good night out. They didn't deserve Axl's blatant contempt.

You're lucky he came back out at all after the shitty reception he got from the lame Dublin crowds. You should show some gratitude.

He (and the Band) got a GREAT reception from me and the people who were with me - Supporting them for probably more years than you have been alive??? Anyway -- Are we Lame Crowd?????

But we've already established that this was the fault of the shit Dublin crowd giving out negative vibes just because they were all too pussy to wait an hour.

You're a moron!!! You don't listen do you!!! We are now 70+ pages into this discussion and you haven't listened to one thing any genuine fans have had to say!!!

What's the point in us having a discussion board if people like you are around just dismissing what everyone has to say!?!?

A handful of C*nts ruined the show for everyone and you are branding the ENTIRE Dublin Audience with the same brush, when most Bands know the Irish Crowd are one of the best in the World!!! It's also known regarding Sports too!!!!

Ask GnR themselves about RDS 2006, they had an amazing time and loved being in Ireland!!! SHIT Happens, AXL was the most un-professional "professional" I have ever come across in any area or profession!!

Now for the LAST TIME - I don't agree with fuckwits throwing anything!!! But that is what the SECURITY is there for, GET the fuckers out and continue on with a KICK ASS show for ALL the geniune fans and but EFFORT into your work on don't bother at all!!!!!

Haha, and you give up just like that. You know you'd be whining just as much if he'd have cancelled the show. As I said, be thankful he came back out and performed at all. He usually wouldn't have under the circumstances

No because if he had the courage of his convictions and STAYED OFF like he threatened to do in the first place, I wouldn't be €160 + Time Off Work + Taxis etc out of pocket!!!

I didn't give a shit what time he ended at even if it was 3am, I was getting Taxis!!! But I got put out by the venue as they were trying to get rid of everyone to avoid trouble, then by the time I was gone MCD came on saying they were trying to get them back on....

CUE Legal threats to AXL and Band - AXL didn't want any LEGAL actions or NO PAY, so he came on and delivered a very lack lustre performance which any of my friends managed to remain to see - didn't enjoy one song because of all the Trouble that went on!!!

If he had of stayed off at least I would have my €160 back!!! BUT I can assure you, I'm not done with MCD yet!!!!!

Guest RonMexico82

Axl Knows posts here just to annoy genuine fans, He offers nothing in the way of constructive criticism. I'm just going to ignore the fool from now on.

ON TOPIC: It was reported in the newspaper today that Axl attacked the promoter backstage and hit him. The promoter stood his ground and said that Axl is like a puppy compared to 20 years ago.

Edited by RonMexico82

It wasn't just Axl who had a bottle thrown ar him, Richard did as well. At the end of the day, the other guys in the band knew that it was just a couple of idiots who were stirring shit and that the rest of the audience just wanted to see a good rock show. They were decent enough to look past the behaviour of those two or three people for the good of the fans who had paid their hard-earned money.

We all have to put up with unreasonable shit in life. If I'm having to put up with shit at work I dont go around doing my job badly and taking it out on my colleagues. You accept that shit happens and you act like a professional.

Slash was knocked to the fucking ground in Italy by some lunatic who jumped the stage and yet he carried on playing and giving his all. It's called being a pro. It's called not tarnishing everyone with the same brush just because of one asshole.

Well Said!!!

We Rest Our Case!!!

most Bands know the Irish Crowd are one of the best in the World!!! It's also known regarding Sports too!!!!

Yeah sure, irish crowd is the best... you guys can't even stand 2 hours of waiting, no, you have to boo honest artists. LOL!

Axl Knows posts here just to annoy genuine fans, He offers nothing in the way of constructive criticism and why he hasn't been talked to by the moderators is beyond me. Anyway if the moderators want to encourage people like him and ruin this forum then they can go ahead. I'm just going to ignore the fool from now on.

ON TOPIC: It was reported in the newspaper today that Axl attacked the promoter backstage and hit him. The promoter stood his ground and said that Axl is like a puppy compared to 20 years ago.

Yes well if he keeps on - I am going to report him to the moderators also - because I don't know what his game is!?!? That is the type of attitude that causes half of the trouble we are discussing!!?

I didn't hear about that report about AXL hitting the promoter, what Paper was it in???

most Bands know the Irish Crowd are one of the best in the World!!! It's also known regarding Sports too!!!!

Yeah sure, irish crowd is the best... you guys can't even stand 2 hours of waiting, no, you have to boo honest artists. LOL!

Ok I will play along!!! Coz i'm not repeating myself anymore!!

But how about this - IF the artist comes on on time (LIKE EVERY OTHER ARTIST I HAVE EVER SAW) - Then YES the Irish are one of the best Crowds in the World just ask James Hetfield who ALWAYS comes on on time and doesn't disrespect his audience or band members!!!!

But how about this - IF the artist comes on on time (LIKE EVERY OTHER ARTIST I HAVE EVER SAW) - Then YES the Irish are one of the best Crowds in the World just ask James Hetfield who ALWAYS comes on on time and doesn't disrespect his audience or band members!!!!

Wrong. At times they go on later than GnR.

Today, pretty much all nations are multi-cultural.

If one were to be racist against a nation as you say is possible, you would essentially be acting on yourself, as there is an almost 100% chance there are people sharing your own culture/history/language etc.. living in that country.

True and that's why racists are idiots.

Major idiots, I agree.

Possible to be racist against a nation... no.

Many, many years ago it would have been possible to make a racist statement against a nation, as there were virtually no immigrants. Everyone living in a country would be the same race and share their history.

Bit off topic :xmassrudolph:

off topic definitely

but nation refers to culture

your mixing it up with state

you can have a multi culturual state

you cant have a multi cultural nation

hence the phrase nation state refering to a homogenous state

Sorry, you're absolutely right.

I just made the connection that nation=state.. my bad.

In Ireland???

Name me a show they came on late to?? I have been at most of them and I was never left waiting for them to come on??

Anyway Guys, this all feels like water under the bridge now!?

There is nothing more we can do about it and I think we have discussed it to death!! Obviously there is 2 schools of thought here!

Don't worry there will be fresh controversy to deal with very shortly if AXL hasn't changed his ways and learned any lessons YET AGAIN!!

There is nothing more we can do about it and I think we have discussed it to death!! Obviously there is 2 schools of thought here!

Don't worry there will be fresh controversy to deal with very shortly if AXL hasn't changed his ways and learned any lessons YET AGAIN!!

Its all about the Rome thread now! Lets hope there is no drama in Rome.

In Ireland???

Name me a show they came on late to?? I have been at most of them and I was never left waiting for them to come on??

Not in Ireland, but Ireland isnt the world.

Lol Metallica

I didn't realize I said something funny????

Whether it's Metallica, Daniel O Donnell, The 3 Tenors, National Symphony Orchestra, Westlife, Rage Against the Machine or the Dancing Bastards From Hell

The Point is they turn up on time and respect the audiences!!

Personally I don't really give a fuck if people are late or not, but I can understand how some people would get upset alright!!!

Would you turn up for an interview 90 minutes late??? I bet you wouldnt!!!!

In Ireland???

Post of the day!

In Ireland???

No Agreed!!

But AXL seemed to enjoy making us ScapeGoats for the whole world to attack and call us names!!!

And once again I don't agree with them Booing or Throwing things but if you looked at any of my earlier posts you would see that AXL, had he of dealt with things differently we ALL could have had a great night like we should of, less the fuckers throwing things coz they would have been fired out!!

It's been twenty years, nothing will change. Water under the bridge in regards to the Dublin show.