Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

Guest RonMexico82

Punching the promoter was probably the only correct thing Axl did at that gig. MCD played an enormous role in what went down and why it all went so horribly wrong. It might be The Sun but I would be inclined to believe this as it is not exactly out of the ordinary for Axl to do that.

Ron in fairness MCD had done nothing wrong at that point.Their big failing was turning on the house lights,which is what prompted the crowd to start leaving.This was after this incident I believe.

Well yeah I agree that turning on the lights was a stupid move but there is more. People on boards.ie are saying that when they rang the venue before the gig they were told that the perfomance by GNR would start between 9 and 9.15pm and that the show would be over by 11.30pm. Also people asked security when the lights went up if the show was over and they said yes and were directed outside. In the seated area people were supposedly approached by security and told the same. There is also reports that people were unable to get back into the gig when Guns started up again. Then there is the sale of bottles at the gig. Maybe I am wrong in attributing all of this to MCD as I am unsure as to who exactly is responsible for hiring security etc.

Don't think too many people in Ireland would complain about Axl hitting Mr. Desmond though. He deserves it for the shambles that is MCD (based on other gigs)

EDIT: And I am in no way using the above to absolve Axl for his role in this.

There is a lot of stuff being said over on boards.ie alright and probably more will follow.hard to know what is true and what is not, as there were a lot of neagative shit going on there before the gig also.I have to say that i was in the frist tier seats and at no time was I asked to leave and from the band leaving to them going back on,I must have went out at least 3 times to make phone calls and go to the bathroom. What I did see were a lot of angry people arguing with the o2 staff. Security I'm not sure of either,could be MCD or the o2. But at the time the band walked off they seemed to be doing quite a good job, although they could possibly have been quicker to get the pricks thowing bottles out. Again maybe that is harsh as they could have been quite a few rows back and not easy to get at. I haven't heard anyone complain about Dennis getting hit, so guess MCD are not that popular with Irish concert goers.I am not sure,but wouldn't be surprised if the story that Axl left the four seasons at 10pm and arrived in the o2 five minutes before going on is true. If this is true, then the notion that it took that long to get the stage/gear ready is blown right out of the water.There are a lot of things that could have and should have been done differently and maybe in the cold light of day all parties would have acted differently, the prick bottle throwers, mcd and axl/gnr. But in the heat of that minute mistakes were made. hope lessons are learned.

Yeah I agree. I do believe that people at the gig were getting texts from The Four Seasons (staff??) to say that Axl left there at 10.00pm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted for the Irish...

It's a tough crowd in Dublin, no doubt - Been there enough times to know that - Can't condone bottle throwing though, sorry. Fuckin' cocks!

By the way, some of the anti-Irish sentiment in thread is a fucking disgrace.

Ron - Great (but painful) read mate, thank you! :)

True that. Guns N Roses has a very strong following in Ireland. I just hope that Axl's name isn't forever tarnished by what happened in Dublin. Irish people don't forget things quickly. Just ask the English :lol:

That made me chuckle but lets be honest, we ended up with River Dance........................ live and let live :rofl-lol:

:lol:

My girlfriend hates the English, so one I'm surprised she's with me, and two - it'll be a long time before Ireland forgives :lol:

Guest RonMexico82

There was a report in the paper today that Axl tried to leave the venue but was confronted by angry fans. Axl didn't know what to do and turned to the cops for help and they told him to stay inside for his own safety.

Guest RonMexico82

Frankly I don't know if it is true. I could very easily find out though. Not sure I care to be honest. Also this isn't the only media outlet to report that Axl was confronted at a side entrance by fans. There might be a kernal of truth to this.

Edited by RonMexico82

There was a report in the paper today that Axl tried to leave the venue but was confronted by angry fans. Axl didn't know what to do and turned to the cops for help and they told him to stay inside for his own safety.

I highly doubt that.

If something like that happens in this day and age, some captures it on video. if it isn't on YouTube, it more than likely never happened.

Guest RonMexico82

hey newsflash!! we should make u the "OFFICIAL BULLSHIT REPORTER" or mygnr.

Did I write the report or claim it was true? If you don't like what you are reading here in this thread, then don't read it. Plenty of other threads.

Did I write the report or claim it was true? If you don't like what you are reading here in this thread, then don't read it. Plenty of other threads.

Why are you still crying? Go outside, bang some chicks, get some fresh Irish air.

Guest RonMexico82

Why are you still crying? Go outside, bang some chicks, get some fresh Irish air.

Why does this thread bother you so much? Can't accept reality eh? If you don't like what went on at the Dublin gig or the discussion in this thread then tough shit.

Why does this thread bother you so much? Can't accept reality eh? If you don't like what went on at the Dublin gig or the discussion in this thread then tough shit.

I dont give a fuck on what happened in Ireland. I just want you to stop crying over it.

Guest RonMexico82

Why? That is weird behaviour for any normal human being. Sounds like an inability to handle the truth. You might want to see a therapist. I'm uploading some stuff from the newspapers here in a bit. You might find it traumatic.

2010-09-03174358.jpg

2010-09-03174444.jpg

2010-09-03174544.jpg

2010-09-03174510.jpg

You're the one who needs to see a therapist, you have been obsessing about ONE concert for the last 5 days. If Axl came to the U.S and stopped the concert, left, came back with a shitty attitude, and left. I would not come on this forum looking for articals on how much Axl sucks balls.

Guest RonMexico82

@cdlove :rofl-lol: Classic - All you've been doing this whole thread is crying amd telling me to shut up because of a gig you weren't even at. :rofl-lol:

WTF, what does that sign mean, the ones with the fingers? It's like the paper thinks he's flipping the bird, but obviously he's not.

:blink: Its means the same thing. There are gestures in other countries too you know?

Edited by RonMexico82