Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@cdlove :rofl-lol: Classic - All you've been doing this whole thread is crying amd telling me to shut up because of a gig you weren't even at. :rofl-lol:

Yea, because i'm tired of hearing it over and over again, look at Conor for a moment, he went to the same gig, and he isnt always crying about what is happening is he? Pm him for a while so you can learn how not to be a bitch.

Guest RonMexico82

@cdlove :rofl-lol: Classic - All you've been doing this whole thread is crying amd telling me to shut up because of a gig you weren't even at. :rofl-lol:

Yea, because i'm tired of hearing it over and over again, look at Conor for a moment, he went to the same gig, and he isnt always crying about what is happening is he? Pm him for a while so you can learn how not to be a bitch.

Nobody is forcing you to read it. Twat.

No the peace sign is held up with the palm of your hand facing forward. The V-Fuck you/fuck off sign is the reverse.

Really, that always meant Victory, when did this become fu?

In the UK and Ireland palm facing away is peace or sometimes victory. Palm facing in means fuck off.

This guy is quite fond of it.

1034387925_uresliam01.JPG

Ron, it must have been pretty awful to have been at that Dublin show.

At the end of the day, even those with their heads up Axl's arse would feel pretty bad if a concert they had waited a long time to see and were really excited about went down the pan like that. Although the scary thing is maybe they wouldn't. At the end of the day they weren't at the show and you were. I certainly know that if Reading were like Dublin then I'd be feeling the way you are now.

As I see it nobody's a hater here, we're all mainly here because we like new GN'R, Chinese Democracy etc. Just because you don't follow a celebrity blindly and approve of all their actions doesn't mean you hate them, I just wish some people would see it that way. Nobody's perfect and everybody's actions are subject to criticism.

If and when you go to another GN'R show I hope its better than the show you saw in Dublin. I'm hoping that when GN'R play the UK in October its relatively drama free. I also think that people saying derogatory things about Irish people as a whole and the crowd at Dublin as a whole are misguided. At the end of the day there were a few idiots in the crowd which there would be at any concert and I'd say that before the shit hit the fan 99.9% of people were up for a good night of rock and roll.

Guest RonMexico82

Exactly man. I'm glad somebody gets it. You see I have no problem waiting for GNR, if it is made known to the venue that there will be a wait BUT also a full show. By allowing the tension to rise, due to the audience not knowing why there is a delay you alsways ahve the potential for an ugly development, especially when there is alcohol involved. This is a potentially dangerous gamble because it doesn't take much for a pissed off crowd of 14,000 to end up rioting. When or if that happens, a fan or band member could get seriously injured, or worse.

Nobody wants a repeat of Donington.

Exactly man. I'm glad somebody gets it. You see I have no problem waiting for GNR, if it is made known to the venue that there will be a wait BUT also a full show. By allowing the tension to rise, due to the audience not knowing why there is a delay you alsways ahve the potential for an ugly development, especially when there is alcohol involved. This is a potentially dangerous gamble because it doesn't take much for a pissed off crowd of 14,000 to end up rioting. When or if that happens, a fan or band member could get seriously injured, or worse.

I now get you. My Brother was at Donington that year.

Guest RonMexico82

Yeah that was absolutely tragic. Axl has the ability to have the audience in the palm of his hand. It can be a dangerous gift. Jim Morrison (I love the Doors) had the same gift and also used to let the crowd wait to build tension. There was also riots at their gigs.

Yeah that was absolutely tragic. Axl has the ability to have the audience in the palm of his hand. It can be a dangerous gift. Jim Morrison (I love the Doors) had the same gift and also used to let the crowd wait to build tension. There was also riots at their gigs.

That year when gnr came on stage the crowd rushed to the stage, axl and the band did everything they could to stop it.

Guest RonMexico82

That year when gnr came on stage the crowd rushed to the stage, axl and the band did everything they could to stop it.

Oh I know. I'm just pointing out that a big crowd is hard to control. Axl can have them in the palm of his hand thanks to his fantastic performances. However equally he can enrage them and lose control of the situation. One day he might very very much regret that.

Oh I know. I'm just pointing out that a big crowd is hard to control. Axl can have them in the palm of his hand thanks to his fantastic performances. However equally he can enrage them and lose control of the situation. One day he might very very much regret that.

I think Axls had that much shite (which some is self inflicted) over the years he hides away does his best to please his fans and himself lol like what the fk would i know about the mind of axl rose lol

Guest RonMexico82

Can't say I'd agree with that. But the results of that poll indicate 70% of the people who voted agree with the people who threw bottles at Axl. That is worrying.

Also a few posters over at boards.ie said that they personally saw Axl try to leave the venue. One guy shouted something at Axl and got no response. But some huge fucker blocked Axls path and got into a heated argument with him. That's when Axl went back into the venue. Damn.

Anyway what's done is done. I just hope everyone has learned from the experience. I still love the music.

Edited by RonMexico82

Dublin went the way it did for many reasons:

1) The venue: People were told before the show that after 23:30 their cars would be clamped, kept in the car park overnight and they'd have an €100 fine. This meant that those who had the least reason to worry about the show going on late (they weren't relying on public transport) now had one of the biggest. After Axl walked off people were told the show was over and ushered out of the venue and couldn't get back in once the show restarted.

2) The bottle throwers: Throwing bottles at the stage is unacceptable behaviour. Annoyed Axl is late? Fine, but two wrongs don't make a right and hitting him with a bottle won't turn back time and make him get on stage earlier.

3) Axl: Going on stage at 22:30 will annoy people, it will be a minority who turn violent and boo but still it will annoy people given that all other big names go on stage in the UK & Ireland around 21:00. He was right to stop the show during Jungle and give people warnings. And I can see why he left the stage. However, things would have worked out better if he had came back out given a huge rant about bottles and how they're dangerous to the band and the crowd [and I'm sure the crowd would agree] and then deliver a kick ass show.

Anyway, its water under the bridge now, the last two shows have been great. I'm just hoping that when the band return to the UK (and I know Ireland isn't the UK but its its in teh general vicinity) that there isn't any drama.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

LOL Dublin. Obviously the most pussy-ass crowds in the world. Still crying over having to wait an hour. :rolleyes:

The idea of coming back under a new username is to lay low for a while and not make it obvious. Well done.

Guest RonMexico82

This is my last post on this thread and it is to clarify an earlier rumour. Dennis Desmond, the owner of MCD, was rumoured to have been involved in a physical fight backstage with Axl Rose. His wife was just interviewed on TV3 here and she confirmed that when Axl tried to leave the venue at one point, the doors were locked to stop him, resulting in a fight between Axl and Dennis during which punches were exchanged. She also confirmed that Axl had been asleep up until he hit the stage and that afterwards he left Dublin to return to Belfast. In her opinion it will be a long time before he comes back to Ireland. If I can find a video of the interview I will post it. She also remarked that his behaviour was typical of an 80's rocker and that nowadays bands are more professional. I'll edit this post to include the video if I find it.

LOL Dublin. Obviously the most pussy-ass crowds in the world. Still crying over having to wait an hour. :rolleyes:

The idea of coming back under a new username is to lay low for a while and not make it obvious. Well done.

Oh god thats not Axl Knows the Twat again is it?

I know its like talking to a brick wall, but why doesn't the guy get it? We aren't upset about waiting an hour, anybody who is know's fuck all about GNR.

We are pissed off because the second part of the show was Axl having a sulk, and the rest of the band playing an AWESOME set. Why should the 14.995 people who didn't do any wrong only get 10% Axl.