Guns N' Roses - o2 Dublin September 1st

no1gooner

Any Belfast concert-goers tickets arrived yet? Mine haven't (seated) and I got them 9AM on release day :(

It states that tickets are sent two days before the event.

What? That's sick. I'm might going.. and if they're gonna send me the ticket two days before it'll never arrive in time :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meet up is at Bruxelles beside the Phil Lynott statue.

Any particular time? On another note, seating tickets I ordered for friends arrived today, but still no standing tickets.

• 1 month later...

So just 2 weeks to go to the big day in Dublin. Do we have a hacker or is it off. I reckon it's on, as there are still tickets on sale. But I have to say that MCD's website is just slightly better then GNR's. After they anounced on TodayFM that the concerts were off, I logged on and for 2 or 3 hours they had nothing up on their news section. Then after 3 hours they bumped up the old post about the concert. C'mon how hard would it have been for them to post a new news message. I think I will give MCD a call later Today, but to be honest I don't expect to get much of an answer. Really looking forward to it now.Going with my brother and my 8 year old son. My 3rd time to see them in Ireland. Will probably give Danko a miss, as I don't want to have the young lad waiting too long. You can never be sure what time GUNS will hit the stage. Will probably depend on whether Axl is jetting back to London that night. So might need one of you guys to text me when Danko are off stage, as I'm staying close by and can get there quickly. Will post later if I get through to MCD.

Edited by no1gooner

Ok, got through to MCD. Nice lady on the phone said that she was pretty sure it was going ahead but she would check with the person in charge of the event. So she said hold on while I check the events list.after 30 seconds she asked when it was on,I said 01/09,after another 30 seconds she say dont see it there.strange I said. she looked again and said oh now I see it. PHEW. Then she said that the guy in charge of it was out, but I could try again next week. She said that she was pretty sure it was a hacker and she is pretty sure that the concert is on and if it was off it would be posted on their website. http://www.mcd.ie/home/

If anyone else wants to try in the next few days the number is 01-2841747

Be good to be as sure as possible in advance

Flight Hotel booked and Tickets in hand. Does anyone know if O2 has wifi access? I have the Ustream app on my iphone and may try and stream a couple of songs, battery and signal permitting.

Were not sure if a pit will even be included, but I'll be getting there early to make sure.

Also the show is around 90% sold out now.

How did you find out how sold out it was?

Really looking forward to this show, never been to the o2 the video looks like its a great venue.

Were not sure if a pit will even be included, but I'll be getting there early to make sure.

I would imagine it will be available - I'm wondering is 2pm too late to start queuing to get into the pit

I'd say 2pm would be too early. But you never know, 2PM would be playing it safe and there's nothing wrong with that.

Really looking forward to this show, never been to the o2 the video looks like its a great venue.

Checking on ticketmaster everyday lol.

Standing and lower tiers are sold out while the majortiy of the seats in the upper tier are sold out too.

I'd say it will be sold out on the day. The promotion is really only starting now. Up until a week ago I was seeing no poster and no newspaper ads. Now there everywhere.

I would imagine it will be available - I'm wondering is 2pm too late to start queuing to get into the pit

I'd say 2pm would be too early. But you never know, 2PM would be playing it safe and there's nothing wrong with that.

Standing and lower tiers are sold out while the majortiy of the seats in the upper tier are sold out too.

I'd say it will be sold out on the day. The promotion is really only starting now. Up until a week ago I was seeing no poster and no newspaper ads. Now there everywhere.

Brilliant, would hate to turn up to a half empty venue, hopefully if they show up on the BBC coverage this weekend then the last of the tickets will shift

Brilliant, would hate to turn up to a half empty venue, hopefully if they show up on the BBC coverage this weekend then the last of the tickets will shift

Never thought of it like that. These Reading and leeds gigs will be fantastic promotion

Was on the ticketmaster website earlier and the first thing I saw was "extra tickets available for guns n roses at the u2." now I take that as the actual size of the stage and all that is finally known to the venue and they see they have extra space.

so are there 2 stages then?? cause they're in Belfast the night before and that'll be one hell of a job to get set up. Just checked, I dont think theres any standing spaces left

Was on the ticketmaster website earlier and the first thing I saw was "extra tickets available for guns n roses at the u2." now I take that as the actual size of the stage and all that is finally known to the venue and they see they have extra space.

so are there 2 stages then?? cause they're in Belfast the night before and that'll be one hell of a job to get set up. Just checked, I dont think theres any standing spaces left

Well sure belfast and dublin is only a short trip up the motorway sure now. But ya they probably do have two sets I would imagine, just looking at the tour dates and playing dates one after the other it would make sense to have two.

Guest RonMexico82

So is everyone still on for pre-drinks in Bruxelles. Not sure what time I'll be there myself, but I'll be the guy accompanied by the giant.