Scraped in St. Petersburg

GNR 1991

They haven't played this song in awhile. Sounds better than ever.

Just that I'd pass it along.

He needs to be careful, his voice is really sounding thin and grated.

its just the quality of the video..... filmed on a cheap digital camera or something....

these youtubes / bootlegs just dont do the show justice. at all. i was skeptical going into my shows based on the youtubes but wholy fuck, it sounded awesome. nothing like these shitty boots.

as far as i can tell most concert attendees have agreed with me. unfortunatley the band has not hit the US where most of the skeptics are.

same goes for ashba, i was very unsure of him, enspecially considering some of the pictures shown on here , but wow. he was awesome. he fits the band very well.

its just the quality of the video..... filmed on a cheap digital camera or something....

these youtubes / bootlegs just dont do the show justice. at all. i was skeptical going into my shows based on the youtubes but wholy fuck, it sounded awesome. nothing like these shitty boots.

as far as i can tell most concert attendees have agreed with me. unfortunatley the band has not hit the US where most of the skeptics are.

same goes for ashba, i was very unsure of him, enspecially considering some of the pictures shown on here , but wow. he was awesome. he fits the band very well.

I'm not trying to detract from anyone's experience... It definitely had a lot of energy and I'm sure it was f'n cool to hear live-- but this was fucking awful. Embarrassing,

Axl, can you tone it down a little bit? Is there a casual voice in that repertoire? It's either Mickey Mouse or a choking fucking bird.

I'm not trying to detract from anyone's experience... It definitely had a lot of energy and I'm sure it was f'n cool to hear live-- but this was fucking awful. Embarrassing,

Axl, can you tone it down a little bit? Is there a casual voice in that repertoire? It's either Mickey Mouse or a choking fucking bird.

I can definately say the quality of the boots you see/hear has a lot to do with it. his voice is almost perfect live.....

have you seen gnr live in 09-10?

did you hear scraped live?

read my post.

dont judge based on the youtubes.

if you saw it and thought it was awful live then fair enough. but dont judge it based on the youtubes.

That was fantastic.

Scraped should be on the set list at every show. I don't understand why it's not. It is such a bad ass song, showing off what Axl does best. This is one of the best ways to get people into CD. After hearing this song live, they will want to know what album it's on, and get it.

It's not played at every show because Axl looks like he's about to die during every performance of it. And kills his voice for the next song or two. Probably the same reason Rhiad hasn't been performed for about 8 years. It was brutal on him 8 years ago with less age, weight, and smokes/booze. If there is one CD song that needs to be done more, it is Prostitute, though he struggled with that, too.

If there is one CD song that needs to be done more, it is Prostitute

Please god no. One performance of that song was more than enough.

lol true.

As much as I love the song, that performance was...a huge trainwreck...

On the other hand, the first performances of This I Love were really bad too and now the song sounds incredible...

That was awesome!

Parts of it were, but that's too much for anyone to sing on their own, which is why he is trying to sing the "lower" parts with the rasp because it's too hard to jump to and from that so often.

I mean fair play to him for an amazing effort, but I guess it could work out better if the band sing the "lower" bits and then Axl just flaw the crowd with the crazy parts.

Could even be a duo with Sespastian bach or one of the support bands' singers or a special guest.

It's an awesome song but could be good if they reworked it rather than Axl killing himself singing a duet on his own!

It's not played at every show because Axl looks like he's about to die during every performance of it.

I thought I was about to die when I heard the drum intro. Axl looked like he was giving it all he's got during the song. But that's what this song is about. :thumbsup:

2 reasons they don't play more from CD:

The crowd dies

Axl can't sing em!

He was quoting as saying these songs "have to work live" in that Rolling Stone interview from 2000. They don't. That register and all the backing vocals on Scraped, Riad, Prostitute, middle part of Better (which sounds a lot better live when he sings it in the lower register), and Catcher are pro-tooled beyond human ability.

I like Better. I thought it could be a hit single and a song to build the album around as their defining guitarist wrote their defining song and they could promote the hell out of Robin at the same time ya know? I just don't understand what Axl has against promotion. That band with Robin and Brain coulda been big.

As someone who saw FIVE shows on the canadian tour and bootlegged 4 of the shows... YOU TUBE CLIPS DO NOT CAPTURE THE ACTUAL EVENT. PERIOD!! unless you are at the show don't overly judge because you getting video off shitty phones in a way too loud enviroment. Axl sounds and looks great to me!

2 reasons they don't play more from CD:

The crowd dies

Axl can't sing em!

He was quoting as saying these songs "have to work live" in that Rolling Stone interview from 2000. They don't. That register and all the backing vocals on Scraped, Riad, Prostitute, middle part of Better (which sounds a lot better live when he sings it in the lower register), and Catcher are pro-tooled beyond human ability.

I like Better. I thought it could be a hit single and a song to build the album around as their defining guitarist wrote their defining song and they could promote the hell out of Robin at the same time ya know? I just don't understand what Axl has against promotion. That band with Robin and Brain coulda been big.

i saw 3 shows and every time he killed it.

As someone who saw FIVE shows on the canadian tour and bootlegged 4 of the shows... YOU TUBE CLIPS DO NOT CAPTURE THE ACTUAL EVENT. PERIOD!! unless you are at the show don't overly judge because you getting video off shitty phones in a way too loud enviroment. Axl sounds and looks great to me!

what he said