Hi,

I'm new to mygnr, I've been reading topics for very long and I figured it was time to start being a little active myself.

I'm from Denmark where I play in a band I'd like you guys to check out and perhaps comment on. We're old school rock'n'roll, very inspired by Guns and other bands of that era.

These recording are completely done by ourselves and I know they sound is really shitty and the singer fucking sucks (he's been replaced) and we play alot better today and have a bunch of new much better songs but perhaps you would give it a listen anyways. I play the lead guitar. Our myspace is:

http://www.myspace.com/sixbarrelsyndicate

Hi,

I'm new to mygnr, I've been reading topics for very long and I figured it was time to start being a little active myself.

I'm from Denmark where I play in a band I'd like you guys to check out and perhaps comment on. We're old school rock'n'roll, very inspired by Guns and other bands of that era.

These recording are completely done by ourselves and I know they sound is really shitty and the singer fucking sucks (he's been replaced) and we play alot better today and have a bunch of new much better songs but perhaps you would give it a listen anyways. I play the lead guitar. Our myspace is:

http://www.myspace.com/sixbarrelsyndicate

Thats a cool name for a band actually.

Riffs are really nice and it sounds a bit like Guns. If we were in the 80s you guys could be successful I think.

The singer tries to sound like Axl a bit too much (though it's the best Axl-voice I've heard), but whenever someone tries to sound like Axl they just sound dumb. In the Join the Scene soft breakdownish part he sounded pretty good.

The lead guitar's tone is a little weird but if that's the tone the guitarist is going for then alright. Solo just kicked in and I'm loving the Slash feel.

I'd like if the guitar was a bit heavier, the tone is great but maybe try layering each guitar twice or record it twice like they did on AFD.

I haven't listened to the second song but Join the Scene overall was really good. It could have used another breakdown/just something different from the verse/chorus melody. Got boring and that's something you find in every GNR song. Like the "where do we go now" from SCOM or "YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?" with the screeching guitars/bass behind it in WTTJ. Just two classic examples.

Riffs are really nice and it sounds a bit like Guns. If we were in the 80s you guys could be successful I think.

The singer tries to sound like Axl a bit too much (though it's the best Axl-voice I've heard), but whenever someone tries to sound like Axl they just sound dumb. In the Join the Scene soft breakdownish part he sounded pretty good.

The lead guitar's tone is a little weird but if that's the tone the guitarist is going for then alright. Solo just kicked in and I'm loving the Slash feel.

I'd like if the guitar was a bit heavier, the tone is great but maybe try layering each guitar twice or record it twice like they did on AFD.

I haven't listened to the second song but Join the Scene overall was really good. It could have used another breakdown/just something different from the verse/chorus melody. Got boring and that's something you find in every GNR song. Like the "where do we go now" from SCOM or "YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?" with the screeching guitars/bass behind it in WTTJ. Just two classic examples.

Hey thanks for the comments, man! I really appreciate it. I can totally follow you about the breakdown, I've been thinking the same and it has actually already been rewritten. We recorded the song 3 years ago in our rehearsel space in a mac program called Garage Band with a very cheap microphone so that should explain the shitty sound all over the track. I'm not too keen on the guitar sound myself and I've been working on it since and trust me it would sound alot better if it were recorded today - it's alot heavier now. :)

And about our singer, I've actually always thought he sucked and he's not in the band anymore - our new singer sounds more like a mix between Axl and Baz so you can imagine we've gotten alot heavier. I think will record a new demo in a studio this year so I'll let you hear the results then! But thanks alot for the comments!