James Hetfield

Classic_Rock

Let's admire James Hetfield in this topic together :)

It's an acknowledged fact that he's got an amazing voice. He can sing so gently and so aggressive. He can everything!

And the man sings live much better now than in 90s.

People talk about him as a guitar player more rarely, but he is also a very talented guitar player. There's genius in the way his guitar parts are composed.

Maybe i'm not much objective, cos i just love Hetfield :)

If you want to write some good words about James Hetfield, welcome! :)

The only good thing about Metallica, Lars is a joke.. James HAD one of the best voices in metal back in the day, then he blew his voice, if you're a big fan of KEM & RTL & MOP you can hear the amazing voice we metalheads loved! blew his voice on the black album, some people say it's the sell-out album, well, its okay... St.Anger is the worst shit album ever made though i can ignore that... Death Magnetic was a great comeback to the scene were they started...

James Hetfield! :thumbsup:

On one hand, St Anger is prob. their worst music to date, but one of the best rock documentaries of all time came out of it. They are a true collaborative effort, there's no denying that.

Hopefully before they call it a day, they do a Fillmore "residency" and get Mustaine to do a full length "Kill Em All" and "Ride the Lightning" for a night or two, as well as getting Jason back for the other stuff, but keep Trujillo on for the whole thing...unless Muir or Ozzy need him.

James HAD one of the best voices in metal back in the day, then he blew his voice

The man sings powerfully this time. Saw them live twice in 2007 and April, 2010. Hi is the same good old Hetfield :)

if you're a big fan of KEM & RTL & MOP you can hear the amazing voice we metalheads loved! blew his voice on the black album

well, i have different taste, i'm a fan of:

1. LOAD

death magnetic

Black album

RTL

yeah

:rofl-lol:

YEAH!!!!!!!

OOOOH YEEEYAAAHH MOTHEFUCKAHHHH"

Seriously, Hetfield's voice was on fire in the 80s, but my favourite vocal performance from him will always be S&M, he put on such a classy, versatile show that night, it was unbelievable. Since 2000 I've thought his voice definitely isn't what it used to be sadly.

Mighty Het = GOD.

The guy is fucking awesome; great musician, great frontman. He's without a doubt the greatest thing in Metallica. 83-91 were golden years for him, it's really unfortunate that he blew his voice...but he's James Hetfield thus he's still great :thumbsup:

Edited by WhatsHerface

Seriously, Hetfield's voice was on fire in the 80s, but my favourite vocal performance from him will always be S&M, he put on such a classy, versatile show that night, it was unbelievable. Since 2000 I've thought his voice definitely isn't what it used to be sadly.

YES rock3

Love his vocals on S&M. Especially on MoP.

I actually prefer his 90s voice to his 80s voice. It has more definition rather than just being a hoarse scream. Same deal with Axl (on CD and on a good night).

Most, if not all of my favorite Metallica songs are from Load or Ride the Lightning.

Edited by bacardimayne