Q&A with Richard Fortus

SoulMonster

FYI guys, the lead singer from Saivu has been a member here for many years now. Congrats Teddy!

Glad someone else pointed this out.

Anyone else remember the first 3 demos Teddy posted here years ago? To witness the path this album has taken over the years; is really amazing. From a set of 3 demos recorded for $500 bucks - to having a full length album. From listening to the demos over the years and seeing where the song originated and ended up today really brings a lot into the behind the scenes of making an album; something I'm grateful for being able to witness.

Mr. Teddy - Congrats man; I've said it before and I'll say it again - the charts are waiting for you!

Holy fuck, I used to trade lyrics and poems with Teddy years ago. We used to re-write each other's songs while we would also interchange critical feedback between the two of us. I did not know he had gotten this far (as a matter of fact, I still have some of his old demos)! This is a pleasant surprise! Right-on Teddy. :)

FYI guys, the lead singer from Saivu has been a member here for many years now. Congrats Teddy!

Anyone else remember the first 3 demos Teddy posted here years ago? To witness the path this album has taken over the years; is really amazing. From a set of 3 demos recorded for $500 bucks - to having a full length album. From listening to the demos over the years and seeing where the song originated and ended up today really brings a lot into the behind the scenes of making an album; something I'm grateful for being able to witness.

Mr. Teddy - Congrats man; I've said it before and I'll say it again - the charts are waiting for you!

Holy fuck, I used to trade lyrics and poems with Teddy years ago. We used to re-write each other's songs while we would also interchange critical feedback between the two of us. I did not know he had gotten this far (as a matter of fact, I still have some of his old demos)! This is a pleasant surprise! Right-on Teddy. :)

It's been a big journey for the guy. We talked a lot more after he stopped posting so much to be honest - but like you, I still have a lot of his really old demos that were songs waiting to shine but needed the right touch. Fast forward to now and the album is really something special.

For those wanting to hear a track with Fortus on it (not his best, IMO) -

It's been a big journey for the guy. We talked a lot more after he stopped posting so much to be honest - but like you, I still have a lot of his really old demos that were songs waiting to shine but needed the right touch. Fast forward to now and the album is really something special.

For those wanting to hear a track with Fortus on it (not his best, IMO) -

This might be the best discussion I've had on here for awhile.

I still, to this day have almost everything he's sent me as far as demos, recuts, remixes, Paranoaidi-era, Project-era stuff. It's deff a nice collection to have and see the work progress.

For those interested in more songs check out;

http://www.uvumi.com/#saivu (Destination and Concept)

Join the facebook page;

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/saivumusic?ref=ts

And here's info on the festival in Norway where Saivu will be playing with Mr. Fortus;

http://www.midnattsrocken.no/

Hey guys!

And thanks for all the kind words. And thanks to you guys who took time listen to the early demos, (I really hope you guys keep em to yourselves ;)).

This forum has been really fun, especially when we used to have a functioning musicians section, me and Indiana used to do a lot of writing so I must credit him for teaching me a thing or two about english grammar :-p

First of all I just want to say that it's been a fucked up journey, even if it's not a glory story. It's definitely been a fun

Richard is one of the kindest and most caring people I know, and also an excellent musician. He's really put his own signature to the album and the album wouldn't sound the way it does, or even be as good without his playing.

First of all it's not a GNR wannabe album, it's our own thing, and I hope you guys appreciate our work! =)

we'll be having a new website up n running in within a couple of weeks. and the first single will be out July 5th or something like that. And the album will be out late August.

Teddy

Q: Are there any guitar parts that are more tricky or have required more care in getting right live?

Some of the new songs are pretty tricky. Scraped and Shacklers can be pretty tricky.

So I'd imagine too, they have somewhat unusual guitar stuff

I think Axl's voice might be a good reason for Riad not getting played