fans and celebrities appreciate and thank Oasis

liquidmetal

Guest Len B'stard

Fuck, let me have my two cents worth, God Bless the boys, best rock n roll band in a very long time...and uplifting, this is important, lest we forget that rock n roll is about kicking out the jams, getting your rocks off etc etc every cliche under the sun :lol:

Oasis changed my life, and Noel Gallagher is probably the only person I've ever considered my absolute idol..hero.. whatever the fuck you want to call it. Say what you want about either of them, but noel and liam gallagher will always be the real deal, and if you take their sense of humour as arrogant and think a few ripped off chords means theres no talent, it's youre loss.

Guest Len B'stard

Oasis changed my life, and Noel Gallagher is probably the only person I've ever considered my absolute idol..hero.. whatever the fuck you want to call it. Say what you want about either of them, but noel and liam gallagher will always be the real deal, and if you take their sense of humour as arrogant and think a few ripped off chords means theres no talent, it's youre loss.

Exactly!!! The arrogance shit is just...its almost like a youth attitude, you kinda want your rockstars to think they're the shit, or at least act like it...its a fucking joke, at least on Noels part anyway. He's said in various different places and at various times that "if you tell everybody you meet that you're the greatest rock n roll band in the world at least 50% are gonna believe you".

And the thieving thing, the borrowing or lifting or robbing or whatever it is, it's all bullshit, there's only so many notes and so many frets and so many strings and its mathematical impossibility for rock n roll to exist for as long as it is, as a format and not repeat itself. It ain't where you get shit from, its where you take it that matters ;)

They were the greatest rock n roll band in the world for as long as they were around...i don't think they ever made a bad album...at all, period.

Guest Len B'stard

Personally I don't think they've made a bad album. Heathen Chemistry and SOTSOG have 2, maybe 3 average songs, DBTT has a an iffy number or 2, but I think everything else, for the most part, is great.

I think they've never made an album that was less than excellent, its just those first two set the bar higher than any fucker can/will ever reach.

I mean when you stack em up, honestly now, what album has really even touched the hem of Definitely Maybes garment since it came out? Nothing.

First two albums are untouchable, but the rest is disposable.

lol @ you pretending you don't love Be Here Now

Be Here Now is phenominal. Perfect record of its time - people say it's too long and coked up, noel was coked up at the time, why wouldnt he write tunes like it? all around the world, my big mouth, stand by me, it's gettin better (man!!).. underrated classics. It's as honest a record as the first two were. But nothing will ever touch Definitly Maybe.

Edited by Snake Eyes

First two albums are untouchable, but the rest is disposable.

lol @ you pretending you don't love Be Here Now

Why no love for Be Here Now? I'd take it over Morning Glory, Standing & Dig Out.

R.

nah, I do like it, that's why I quoted myself. Nothing tops Definitely Maybe for me though.