In defense of Buckethead....

Kaneda

Jesus Christ.....99% of you retards wouldn't have even heard of Buckethead if he never hooked up with Axl, and now your saying he's better than Hendrix and is revolutionizing guitar playing....geez..

What a load of crap.

**shakes my head**

good post

**shakes your hand**

**shakes both your cocks**

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll never touch Hendrix - I'm not talking about technical skill, cool?

I think the only reason why people say this is because of the respect for the classic age of rock. Hendrix is basically god with the guitar, and was ahead of his time, but in all honesty, he was mainly a hard rock blues man. Buckethead covers all corners of virtually all styles of music. I also think people write him off right as a novelty stunt guitarist also because of his persona. You see a guy wearing a KFC bucket on his head you think that he's good for a laugh, an oh or ah maybe, but you don't really look into his work. Yes he does do crazy stunt filled songs like Welcome To Bucketheadland, or Jordan, but listen to his album Colma, and songs like Soothsayer, Allowed to play and Whitewash (which is on Colma). I mean he may be virtuosic, but he can play with such melody and emotion that the songs really do come alive, especially when almost all his songs have no lyrics. He is more than just affects, and again, if you listen to Colma, you can see what he can do with just an acoustic, especially on the song For Mom, which is a great example. The man puts his soul into music and it's a shame people don't see behind the personality and number of bands he played with, because honestly, he is one of the great songwriters of our time, with Hendrix.

Not to take away from Hendrix, but in my opinion Bucket is better, because of the soul and versatility he puts into his work, and he is really all about the music.

Once I said that Guthrie Govan is better than The Beatles guys put together. He's may be better than them technique-wise, but honestly, what would have been music without The Beatles and what would have been music without Guthrie Govan? There's a hude difference between Hendrix and Buckethead. The bucket guy is a great musician, plays more styles, he's a more technical player and... Jimi influenced a whole generation, he came up with stuff no one had done before. I'm not talking about playing style only, I'm talking about wah wah, distortion and stuff like that as well. Really, Bucket didn't come up with stuff like Hendrix did. I don't even believe I'm actually saying these things. This is an statement that would make Brian Carroll shake his head at. He'd be the first to disagree with this comparison.

Yeah, but in the end, deciding who is better, it's not a fact only an opinion, which I completely respect.

Edited by Shackler118

Guest gunns5

Jesus Christ.....99% of you retards wouldn't have even heard of Buckethead if he never hooked up with Axl, and now your saying he's better than Hendrix and is revolutionizing guitar playing....geez..

What a load of crap.

**shakes my head**

good post

**shakes your hand**

**shakes both your cocks**

and no one in the world would never of heard of slash if he didnt hook up with Axl

and slash would never of reached his dream of whoring himself out for monies

Wow...you guys always go way too far. All I said was bucket is great, but I don't have to hate him to love the new guys. Why anyone even entertains Bucket being better than Hendrix is beyond me. You guys need day jobs.

and no one in the world would never of heard of slash if he didnt hook up with Axl

That is a ridiculous statement that no one could possibly know the answer to.

It could just as easily be argued that Axl's career was going no where fast with a series of failed bands before Slash came into his life. Nobody gave 2 shits about Axl before Slash was his guitarist, so I am not sure how the leap is made that he would have still been this huge international star even if he never met Slash because he sure as hell wasn't doing it up until that point.

The same can be said about his career before Axl. No one knew or cared about Slash.

It is logical to then assume both would probably still be working odd jobs around L.A had fate never intervened and brought them together as neither's career was as successful before or after their partnership.

It could just as easily be argued that Axl's career was going no where fast with a series of failed bands before Slash came into his life. Nobody gave 2 shits about Axl before Slash was his guitarist, so I am not sure how the leap is made that he would have still been this huge international star even if he never met Slash because he sure as hell wasn't doing it up until that point.

The same can be said about his career before Axl. No one knew or cared about Slash.

It is logical to then assume both would probably still be working odd jobs around L.A had fate never intervened and brought them together as neither's career was as successful before or after their partnership.

whatever, this thread is about buckethead.

your precious guitar hero can be found a couple sections down. thanks!

whatever, this thread is about buckethead.

your precious guitar hero can be found a couple sections down. thanks!

You would be better served lecturing the person who brought Slash up in the first place. I was merely pointing out the absurdity of his comment, which I would not have had to do had he not started trying to take the thread off topic introducing things irrelevant to Buckethead.

Guest gunns5

thats the only one Ive found of Bucket with gnr outside of any concert, very VERY rare indeed

Edited by gunns5

Guest gunns5

back to Buckethead,

here is a picture of him where they recorded Chinese Democracy

wmplayer2008-12-0218-09-48-03.jpg

rock3 rock3 rock3

Where did you come across this photo man?? Would love to see more!!!

Just think the mother fucking General and Atlas shrugged was probably recorded in that very studio!

Edited by gunns5

this is what CD needs some background, to put record in a context, in a time and place, so we can picture them jamming the songs in a deserted bomb shelter. I actually pictured them in this really plush studio with neon pink fluffy armchairs with pokemon dvds playing while Bucket played the A Team theme tune and Axl's wolves urinated on Tommy's leg.

this is what CD needs some background, to put record in a context, in a time and place, so we can picture them jamming the songs in a deserted bomb shelter. I actually pictured them in this really plush studio with neon pink fluffy armchairs with pokemon dvds playing while Bucket played the A Team theme tune and Axl's wolves urinated on Tommy's leg.

And then Pittman drank it.

Guest gunns5

kinda like "Behind The Scenes Studio Sessions: Chinese Democracy " - 8 Disc Boxset featuring 17 hours of rehearsal/recording and fucking around footage :P