Should This I Love be the next single?

wasted

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nasty Nate

No it shouldn't. This I Love is easily the worst song under the Guns N' Roses title.

No, that would be Shacklol's Revenge

I disagree, but I mean there are a lot of contenders. If The World is up there too.

Maybe release a video for it. I don't know about releasing it as a single. TWAT, ITW, CITR, Sorry, I.R.S. all are more potential single's than TIL. Even though it's a good song, there's no real moment in the song other than the solo. That's why November Rain was good, because of the pick-up in the end and the solo.

Personally, I would like them to release a video for a song off the album. Even pro-shot video material for the a video like Better or Chinese Democracy. A DVD would be 100% awesome!

it's true Scraped, Sorry, This I Love for singles. It's a game of two halfs. in my game of gnr fantasy manager I'd do videos for these songs. fuck being late, fuck time. 3 videos directed by Quentin Tarantino would be awesomes. anyone think This I Love isn't the song future generation won't look to as the song on CD are dreaming. Axl does Queen is important moment in rock history. But first kick off with Scraped as the rocker. Then Sorry is perfect, however long uve liked this band we're all just the jizz that lives under the pond scum in Axl's world. Then clean up the floor with Megan Fox aka Kate Moss but way younger pole dancing to This I Love. CD II in 2011!!!!

Guest gunns5

it's true Scraped, Sorry, This I Love for singles. It's a game of two halfs. in my game of gnr fantasy manager I'd do videos for these songs. fuck being late, fuck time. 3 videos directed by Quentin Tarantino would be awesomes. anyone think This I Love isn't the song future generation won't look to as the song on CD are dreaming. Axl does Queen is important moment in rock history. But first kick off with Scraped as the rocker. Then Sorry is perfect, however long uve liked this band we're all just the jizz that lives under the pond scum in Axl's world. Then clean up the floor with Megan Fox aka Kate Moss but way younger pole dancing to This I Love. CD II in 2011!!!!

I think they should do Scraped with some live footage, and have Frank doing the Drum intro, and showing the 2010 band kicking ass live whilst the lyrics 'dont you try to stop me now' play over the footage, it would be sublime. You could even have Axl rise up from under the stage on one of those instage lifts or something wearing his hat and that jacket of his, smoking a cigar and drinking some Lucky chinese beer...

then do a TIL video as the second music video

Edited by gunns5

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

CD shouldn't have any more single.

It was ridiculous when Axl released Estranged in 1994, three years after the album was released. He should know better than to do so again.

Im still waiting on a proper single for Better or Chinese Democracy. Not a physical single(that has been dead for a while) but a proper music video with push for radio and airplay. But alas it won't happen. It didn't happen a year ago and every week and month further we go, the more and more remote it becomes. That said, i have thought that barring Better and Shacklers, Scraped would make a really good single, especially for the radio, upbeat positive song with a hook, even the solo is short and sweet.

No it shouldn't. This I Love is easily the worst song under the Guns N' Roses title.

No, that would be Shacklol's Revenge

Shackler's Revenge is a great song. The worst GNR song is either Prostitute or So Fine.

No way mannnn, Prostitute fucken rocks!!!!!

I think they should do Scraped with some live footage, and have Frank doing the Drum intro, and showing the 2010 band kicking ass live whilst the lyrics 'dont you try to stop me now' play over the footage, it would be sublime. You could even have Axl rise up from under the stage on one of those instage lifts or something wearing his hat and that jacket of his, smoking a cigar and drinking some Lucky chinese beer...

the whole band should be smoking Double Happiness by now.

There must be tons of awesome footage from the tour for the freedom trilogy. Sorry has so much slo mo potential epicness. Sorry for yoooooooooouuuu, band in slo mo rocking it. Scraped is a punchy NIN/Prodigy type song that walks that line between pop and rock, what is it we don't know, but it's as catchy as Better but ahead of it's time. This I Love is the undeniable ballad that gets the knickers wet. angry romanticism is the ftr. late but always on time.

There must be tons of awesome footage from the tour for the freedom trilogy. Sorry has so much slo mo potential epicness. Sorry for yoooooooooouuuu, band in slo mo rocking it. Scraped is a punchy NIN/Prodigy type song that walks that line between pop and rock, what is it we don't know, but it's as catchy as Better but ahead of it's time. This I Love is the undeniable ballad that gets the knickers wet. angry romanticism is the ftr. late but always on time.

I wouldn't wanna see cut-up live footage as a music video though :( I'd much rather a real epic music video, doesn't have to be huge budget, even something like the Don't Cry video with the band playing in a desert/snow/Mexican prision with scenes of Axl walking the city in confusion and torment over a long lost love would be absolutely smashing.

I wouldn't wanna see cut-up live footage as a music video though :( I'd much rather a real epic music video, doesn't have to be huge budget, even something like the Don't Cry video with the band playing in a desert/snow/Mexican prision with scenes of Axl walking the city in confusion and torment over a long lost love would be absolutely smashing.

yeah maybe not overkill on the live footage but some clips for the fans, see Dj above the drum riser. Scraped could be like Garden of Eden vid, Sorry is like Don't Cry on ice with snowmobiles, This I Love is definite court room drama. basically remakes of other GNR vids, self reflective, postmodern bullshit style high on chinese democracy. it's not brain surgery it's a knee operation.

it;s obviously not the choice of rock metal fans but for basic pop audience who want a bit of GNR, they want SCOM or Nov Rain, Axl at the piano doing a Elton/Queen ballad. Narrow minded? Sure but that's it, a video of This I Love on youtube.

"This I Love" should not be a single. In fact, there doesn't even NEED to be singles anymore, ever. People that really care about music don't listen to the radio. They listen to what they like on their MP3 players. People don't watch music videos any more. The industry has changed DRASTICALLY. It is not the 90s anymore and it never will be again.

I hope Axl can embrace the changes in the industry, tell all the record companies and management companies that have been suckling at his teat for the last 20 years to FUCK OFF, and to release his own music to his fans directly. Plenty of other LARGE bands have done it successfully....NIN, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Beck.....they all practically GIVE music away since they don't really make any money on CD sales anymore anyway....the live shows and merchandise have always been the musician's main source of profit.

Axl could release music digitally directly to us if he chose to, and keep one hundred percent of any touring or merch proceeds. He doesn't have to rely on singles or airplay or videos....he could release one song a year....three albums worth....an EP....all up to him.

The corporations will be cut off if he ever does that though, and they don't want that....so they'll keep him away from it any way they can. People have trying to take Axl's money through various means ever since he got famous. It'd be cool if he got rid of all those middlemen leeches and just did it independently. He doesn't need a fucking record company.

Edited by Angelo666