10 years old gem sees light of day: Estranged

longcat

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't gonna post anymore but this called for it.

This is not GnR, it is a cover band in Brazil or Argentina, something like that.

The hoarders decided to fuck around with the GnR base after they lost the multis ... and promote this cover band in the process. And reading the comments, it seems to have worked. They will do a few more of these to fool you so don't get too excited next time.

Finck doesn't bend like that and anyone who thought that is Axl singing needs to be banned from all GnR sites.

There is a Buckethead version of Estranged though, played during a soundcheck ;)

Now I'm really off :violin:

If this is true I called it ;) But hey, why would they be pissed about leaked multitracks? hardly the cream of the crop.

The multitracks would leak sooner or later, a bunch of people had them. LLL is always trying to ruin the trades.

Huh. The power of suggestion is indeed a real thing.

An hour ago when I listened it sounded just like Axl to me. I didn't even have a doubt.

Now LLL says it's some Brazilian dude and suddenly it sounds....off....to me. Like maybe it COULD be some dude doing a hell of an impersonation....

Pretty damn good pronunciation for a Brazilian though....so I don't know.

If someone were to come back with a better argument that it IS Axl, I'd probably be swayed by that too.....but LLL's message definitely tainted the thing for me.

I don't get why a cover band would want to sound like '99 Axl though. That said, it doesn't really matter whether it's real or fake or not, it's hardly got any value this. I'm a massive fan of alternate takes and stuff and this doesn't even particularly interest me.

Huh. The power of suggestion is indeed a real thing.

An hour ago when I listened it sounded just like Axl to me. I didn't even have a doubt.

Now LLL says it's some Brazilian dude and suddenly it sounds....off....to me. Like maybe it COULD be some dude doing a hell of an impersonation....

Pretty damn good pronunciation for a Brazilian though....so I don't know.

If someone were to come back with a better argument that it IS Axl, I'd probably be swayed by that too.....but LLL's message definitely tainted the thing for me.

Hmmm...

Listen to the 1999 demos of TWAT, CITR, and IRS. Same exact sound. Especially TWAT.

Axl's voice, the sound of the instruments, everything matches up.

Dont have the 1999 demos of those songs? They are on Youtube, just search them.

If the hoarders did this to fuck around and the cover band wanted some press they would release the entire song wouldnt they? not a measley 13 seconds.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

I don't get why a cover band would want to sound like '99 Axl though. That said, it doesn't really matter whether it's real or fake or not, it's hardly got any value this. I'm a massive fan of alternate takes and stuff and this doesn't even particularly interest me.

I really don't think that's Axl singing at all. It's not even a good impression of him.

If it is Axl, then he must have been having a bad day.

I'm listening again and again, and after LLL said I'm pretty sure it is fake. I've seen some good guys down here impersonating Axl, could be one of them. Like I said, match longcat IP with another IP of the forum and we'll see.

I really don't think that's Axl singing at all. It's not even a good impression of him.

Like he did in Denmark this year

You're crazy, if its not him then it does sound a lot like him, just something about it, kinda like that checkmate demo or whatever, but this one bears a more subtle resemblance, i mean listen to the actual version of estranged then this, if it really is fake, then its a great impersonation

Edited by Imperial_ninjA

You're crazy, if its not him then it does sound a lot like him, just something about it, kinda like that checkmate demo or whatever, but this one bears a more subtle resemblance, i mean listen to the actual version of estranged then this, it really is fake, then its a great impersonation

I'm with this guy.

that shit was pretty cool

You're crazy, if its not him then it does sound a lot like him, just something about it, kinda like that checkmate demo or whatever, but this one bears a more subtle resemblance, i mean listen to the actual version of estranged then this, if it really is fake, then its a great impersonation

It's low clean singing, anyone could mimic that.....I can do a spot on 02 Axl impression.

The multitracks of rockband are not the "crown jewels" of the hoarders.

There are several different cliques of hoarders, and many wild quips have been let out. who has what, who has heard which unreleased Nu-GNR song.

Most of it is just a sad smoke and mirrors game. But we all know there is a lot of music that was carefully recorded, produced, reproduced... and so many interesting musicians have been involved.

For many of us, myself included, its this unreleased treasure trove of stuff that still keeps me dropping by from time to time.

This is Axl

This clip of Estranged is not Axl, and I'm sticking to it.

If someone can legitimately prove me wrong somehow, then feel free to do it, but as of now, I'm sticking to my word.

This is Axl

If someone can legitimately prove me wrong somehow, then feel free to do it, but as of now, I'm sticking to my word.

You're going to eat those words.

This is Axl

Listen to some of Axl's live 2002 performances and tell me that sounded like Axl. When he had the helium voice. It works both ways.

Robin's tone is great.

that was the worst part of it, the tone was awful.

:D

to me it sounded exactly like slashs live tone. I can't hear the difference.

you can't hear the difference? :shocked:

He's not a guitarist, he doesnt understand. But damn, Robin usually has a better tone than this, thats why I think its fake (that and programmed drums, an easily replicated voice for 'Axl, and the suprisingly good quality for 99)