10 years old gem sees light of day: Estranged

longcat

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy fuck!!! I just love Fink's style!!! I don't care if it's considered as low skilled or whatever internet guitar heroes call it, I just LOVE his playing style. Same with Slash, of whom those same 'experts' always used to claim that his playing was not technical enough. Love them both! Axl has a 'feel' for always finding the right guitarist for every GNR era. rock3

Too bad it's only 13 seconds. I wonder if somebody is trying to trade this for an unreleased track. I suspect this snippet is part of a much larger chess match between MSL and the Hoarders of Spain.

Edited by ITW 2012

I don't get why a cover band would want to sound like '99 Axl though. That said, it doesn't really matter whether it's real or fake or not, it's hardly got any value this. I'm a massive fan of alternate takes and stuff and this doesn't even particularly interest me.

I really don't think that's Axl singing at all. It's not even a good impression of him.

If it is Axl, then he must have been having a bad day.

You're crazy, if its not him then it does sound a lot like him, just something about it, kinda like that checkmate demo or whatever, but this one bears a more subtle resemblance, i mean listen to the actual version of estranged then this, if it really is fake, then its a great impersonation

It's low clean singing, anyone could mimic that.....I can do a spot on 02 Axl impression.

I really want to hear your impersonation then. Sounds entertaining. Send me a link of you doing a cover of Madagascar using your 2002 Axl voice. :thumbsup:

I can't believe how this has took off.

I've just checked out the other clip posted (TWAT) and it's clearly a guy who is 'splicing' his guitar playing with various pieces of real GnR music.

Though I'd love to be wrong, I don't think I am :(

Holy fuck!!! I just love Fink's style!!! I don't care if it's considered as low skilled or whatever internet guitar heroes call it, I just LOVE his playing style. Same with Slash, of whom those same 'experts' always used to claim that his playing was not technical enough. Love them both! Axl has a 'feel' for always finding the right guitarist for every GNR era. rock3

I lol'd on this.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I lol'd on this.

I did as well.

To be fair though why would they bother leaking Estranged? Yes we haven't heard the line-up from that era of the band playing it so it has a slight novelty value but it's not as if we're not familiar with the song.