Let's get down to brass tacks here, guys

ITW 2012

No one knows. No official plans for a new album have been announced. We know Dizzy and DJ said recently thwey're writing nw songs, so we could end up with an all-new album rather than whats left from the CD sessions (though i doubt that'd happen). Just enjoy the fact the band are on tour, have finally released CD, and are rockin out.

Dont want CD 2. At this point it's almost a decade old. I want to hear new, relevant shit from his new band. Sometimes I think people forget there's now been three different versions of GNR. If Axl wants the new shit to come out, put it out as a side project.

No one knows. No official plans for a new album have been announced. We know Dizzy and DJ said recently thwey're writing nw songs, so we could end up with an all-new album rather than whats left from the CD sessions (though i doubt that'd happen). Just enjoy the fact the band are on tour, have finally released CD, and are rockin out.

I just want to see Axl take another shot at the fortune n' fame and I believe he needs a new album for that to happen.

I love CD alot actually I listen to it more than most other cds I own. Maybe I can relate to the songs more than others not sure, this album is killer though and I am not dying to hear another right away. Having said that it would be great to have one for sure :)

Did Dj say hopefully 2011?

Tommy used to say shit all the time back in the day about the album being close to being done, and that was about 5-6 years before it was actually released.

Until you see it on the shelves, I wouldn't believe a word of any of them from Axl on down.

I love CD alot actually I listen to it more than most other cds I own. Maybe I can relate to the songs more than others not sure, this album is killer though and I am not dying to hear another right away. Having said that it would be great to have one for sure :)

"Hello fence. My name is VelvetGirl/Gunsguy. Hope you don't mind if sit on you for 10,000 posts."

All Axl has said about it is that he's focused on the tour.

I highly doubt there's going to be a "Chinese Democracy II". It'll be called something else.

With the Azoff lawsuit looming, it could possibly delay them going into the studio.

The only other thing is if he put out a deluxe edition containing 4 or 5 songs left off of this one and either give it away, or make an EP.

If he's still contracted to the same company to do new music, then he's either going to do new music or deal with more repackaged versions greatest hits, or sued for not holding his end of the contract up.

The Doors had 6 albums, and 20-something greatest hits collections in 40 years. Just because they have limited material to work with doesn't mean they can't find ways to repackage it.

The record company just wants to make money. It's up to the artist when they put it out, but I've heard stories about them physically going in and taking master tapes out of the studio in the middle of a session, or when an artist goes to another label, have someone take the demos and unfinished songs, and bring a whole crew of people in to touch it up.

Could the record company have done that when GNR were working on Chinese Democracy?? Yes. Especially when it's coming out of their pocket and they own the masters.

This happened when the Beastie Boys was working on "Paul's Boutique". Public Enemy were hired to work on the backing music to old Beastie Boys songs that were left off of "License to Ill" (and a few songs that predate it) with the intent to hurt sales of their new recording. It would be like taking a pre GNR Axl tape and having Stone Temple Pilots recording new music to Axl's 25 year old voice for some extra money.

Chuck D decided the money wasn't worth it and felt it was disrespectful to them to even think of doing such a thing.

How much longer are we going to have to wait for CD II? Do you think we'll see it by 2012 or is the record company going to crush our dreams?

Guest gunns5

"Hello fence. My name is VelvetGirl/Gunsguy. Hope you don't mind if sit on you for 10,000 posts."

whos velvetgirl?

/forum