History of This I love

SR_GR

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure it was Axl's creation - or else the old members would get writing credits on the album

Axl wrote it , said he didnt want to do it but I think it was ffink and the rest of the group that insisted it see the light of day. Speculation is it about Stephanie Seymour.

I am pretty sure it was Axl's creation - or else the old members would get writing credits on the album

I'm not sure he could come up with such complex lyrics without some help. He must have had some help even if they are uncredited.

I'm not sure he could come up with such complex lyrics without some help. He must have had some help even if they are uncredited.

If anything lyrics are what he's best at. I'm 100% he handles all of his lyrics by himself. The band only helps with arrangements nowadays.

Axl mentioned it in 93.

There is a rumored Acoustic version of it.

Axl didn't want it on the album but Finck insisted on it.

source?

Axl's chat!

link

". The songs were chosen by everyone involved. I didn’t want to do This I love in anyway shape or form and Robin and Caram insisted gaining Tommy’s and the others support. "

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=133371

Axl first mentioned TIL in an interview with Hit Parader in 1993.

"I just recorded a new love song I want on the next record called "This I Love." It's the heaviest thing I've ever written."

Since then it was GNR legend....

Several years back it was rumored to have been considered for the soundtrack to the Robin Williams film "What Dreams May Come" (1998) but was rejected by the films producers for unknown reasons. At the time of the film's release this was not known, but it came to be a rumor several years after the fact through the GNR fan community.

There supposedly exists a raw demo version recorded in 1993 or so, featuring just Axl and a piano, recorded in one take. Those who have heard describe it as "raw and emotional".....this recording has never been available to the public. The supposed "hoarders" have it though....but whether or not they do, or if they even exist, remains to be proven.

Here's a thread I started I about TIL way back before CD ever had a release date....back when it was all shrouded in mystery and legend....

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=121519&st=0&p=2105493&hl=this%20i%20love&fromsearch=1entry2105493

not about Stephanie Seymour OR her kid as everyone seems to think....it was written while they were still together.

an instrumental version of it was played in seattle 92 as an intro to nov. rain

Is there a video of that somewhere?

I have seen this video too. I wouldn't say that it was an instrumental of TIL, but the two pieces do display similarities.

I have seen this video too. I wouldn't say that it was an instrumental of TIL, but the two pieces do display similarities.

don't know about a video but here's a link to the audio, it's not exactly the same but absolutely similarities.. credit to estebanf

http://rapidshare.com/files/309959147/GNR-TILPIANOSOLOSEATTLE92-ESTEBANF.mp3 i think it's an early, rough and altered version of TIL

Sure someone from the forum have the video or audio,can anyone put here to download?

But it is only axl on piano?...maybe it is the same as in Rosemont?or okhaloma?april 1992?

Edited by kleber

Axl first mentioned TIL in an interview with Hit Parader in 1993.

"I just recorded a new love song I want on the next record called "This I Love." It's the heaviest thing I've ever written."

Since then it was GNR legend....

Several years back it was rumored to have been considered for the soundtrack to the Robin Williams film "What Dreams May Come" (1998) but was rejected by the films producers for unknown reasons. At the time of the film's release this was not known, but it came to be a rumor several years after the fact through the GNR fan community.

There supposedly exists a raw demo version recorded in 1993 or so, featuring just Axl and a piano, recorded in one take. Those who have heard describe it as "raw and emotional".....this recording has never been available to the public. The supposed "hoarders" have it though....but whether or not they do, or if they even exist, remains to be proven.

Here's a thread I started I about TIL way back before CD ever had a release date....back when it was all shrouded in mystery and legend....

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=121519&st=0&p=2105493&hl=this%20i%20love&fromsearch=1entry2105493

not about Stephanie Seymour OR her kid as everyone seems to think....it was written while they were still together.

actually, the quote you give above is from a Kurt Loder interview in the backyard of Axl's old house in the Hollywood Hills. the video is on youtube. someone else can look it up, cause i'm too lazy.