GNR in Bucureşti on sept. 21st

STARABOSTES

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Third World Tour continues..

After having toured the same album 2 years before, it makes sense a new tour would visit places where GNR hasn't been before. They'll get at least 3 times as many tickets sold per show here than they would in USA (which is what I assume you're interested in).

Yeah pretty much but hey, at least they get to see em.

Eastern Europe is an up and coming place.

While I've never been to Romania, I have visted bordering Bulgaria,

and they host a lot of a free gigs there, and some that small money is required to see bands perform.

'Kavarna Town' is the Bulgarian town where the bands play, and many Romanians show up there also.

The car number plate of the town's mayor reads AC/DC :D

I don't know why, but the Bulgarians, like Deep Purple era rock.

They also really like Metallica, and AC/DC, all who have played Sofia (Bulgaria's largest city).

The national BG rock band is BTR, and while their sound is dated, the lead singer really can sing well.

I'm guessing many Bulgarian's cannot understand the lyrics, which is why they good more for the sound.

Tom Jones is popular their too, as they think he has a 'super voice'.

Quite how Bulgarians would rate Axl remains a mystery. Maybe when GN'R show up in Romania, they might play bordering Bulgaria too.

here's a taste of BTR:

Б.Т.Р. - Играта / B.T.R. - The Game

Б.Т.Р. - Да Погледна в Теб / B.T.R. - To Look Into You

Б.Т.Р. - Спасение / B.T.R. - Salvation

BTR - Thousand Moons

Edited by star

Yeah pretty much but hey, at least they get to see em.

Eastern Europe is an up and coming place.

How so?

on all sorts of levels.

Roads: Pot holes are disappearing, road tarmac is becoming the norm.

Cars: Lada (cars) are still in use, Mercedes, BMW, and sometimes Porsche's can now be seen on the roads.

Bands are playing in those places, where once it wasn't possible.

• 1 month later...

http://observator.antena1.ro/monden/Va-fi-mare-nebunie-la-concertul-Guns-N-Roses_18027.html

on the screen it says Every one wants Guns N' Roses :D and under it as text is what the presenter says : It will be great madness at Guns N' Roses show... rock3 well?! :shrugs: how else?! rock3

and here is way Axl is late... http://life.hotnews.ro/stiri-showbiz-7768923-intarzie-axl-rose-concertele-guns-39-roses.htm it's Sebastian's interview... at least folks here(Romania) now they know what to expect. :thumbsup:

Edited by roua gri

just some infos from the Romanian front:

a lot of the tv and radio stations have special shows on GNR, and every major tv stations gives news about GNR, at least once a day. as some rocker put it on metalhead.ro -" not even when AC/DC were in Romania in this May!". :D

Plus, I've done some maths, and with the show from Romania, this tour will pass 1 million attendance, in less then a year! :thumbsup:

And the stupid coments continues..

it's ok, some people need to feel important so they'll divide the world in grades: first, second, third...

"but I don't give a fuck 'cause I am crazy!" :D because, I know were I live! here were the oldest forms of civilizations in Europe - Lepenski Vir - Schela Cladovei culture(8000-5000 BC), here is were the romans came to take the largest amount of gold and silver ever in antiquity - 165,500 kg of gold and 331,000kg of silver! and we still have the largest amount of gold from Europe.

not that I really care of gold and shit, but, just to prove a point. the best land for agriculture is also here, that's way my ancestors never wage wars to conquer others' land (as the english did!), because they didn't need to, being rich an all! :D

And the stupid coments continues..

it's ok, some people need to feel important so they'll divide the world in grades: first, second, third...

"but I don't give a fuck 'cause I am crazy!" :D because, I know were I live! here were the oldest forms of civilizations in Europe - Lepenski Vir - Schela Cladovei culture(8000-5000 BC), here is were the romans came to take the largest amount of gold and silver ever in antiquity - 165,500 kg of gold and 331,000kg of silver! and we still have the largest amount of gold from Europe.

not that I really care of gold and shit, but, just to prove a point. the best land for agriculture is also here, that's way my ancestors never wage wars to conquer others' land (as the english did!), because they didn't need to, being rich an all! :D

Don't feed the cupcake. She would love to live in a Third World Country. I don't know about you, but I do prefer Brazil with food, beach and women than a land with a bunch of McDonald cocksuckers. Guess what ?? We don't give power to George Bush and we don't kill innocent people. I think that's the definition of First World Country :heart:

he he he he, according to this http://observator.a1.ro/monden/Sabotati-de-un-roman_17548.html the hackler who got into Axl's twitter account is a Romanian. well, we are good at this, we had guys int he recent past, who broke into Pentagon and NASA before, so a little twitter won't stay on our way B). on the behalf of Romanian GNR fans, I apologies for any inconvenience! really. :)

it seems that the organizer expect around 25.000 people.

the sells are going well, considering that the show is on a weekday, and for shore there would have been more people to the concert if it had been on a weekend day. will see...

glad Madagascar is back into the set! :thumbsup:

according to the promoters, which made this official press release

http://life.hotnews.ro/stiri-prin_oras-7792606-guns-39-roses-bucuresti-detalii-acces.htm

Danko Jones band goes on stage at 19:00, and Axl Rose and colleagues on at 20:30. :rofl-lol:

it's not allowed with any form of video recorder cameras. it's also on every ticket.

I guess they're in time, somewhere in the '90. :D You really scarred'em Axl, you did!

it's not like I care, 'cause didn't want to photo or film the show anyway, just to live it. and from time to time to update this topic.

but, as I said, I"m bringing news (well it's 4 days old) in.

Edited by roua gri

http://life.hotnews.ro/stiri-prin_oras-7792606-guns-39-roses-bucuresti-detalii-acces.htm

Danko Jones band goes on stage at 19:00, and Axl Rose and colleagues on at 20:30. :rofl-lol:

it's not allowed with any form of video recorder cameras. it's also on every ticket.

I guess they're in time, somewhere in the '90. :D You really scarred'em Axl, you did!

it's not like I care, 'cause didn't want to photo or film the show anyway, just to live it. and from time to time to update this topic.

I saw Alice in Chains/Deftones last night.

The venue has signs up all over saying "no cameras"

most venues say this - it has nothing to do with the bands. Look at the secret gig, there were tons of cameras right in Axl's face, I don't think he cares unless the person is a complete ass about it or they're trying to take professional shots in the midst of a concert.

I saw Alice in Chains/Deftones last night.

The venue has signs up all over saying "no cameras"

most venues say this - it has nothing to do with the bands. Look at the secret gig, there were tons of cameras right in Axl's face, I don't think he cares unless the person is a complete ass about it or they're trying to take professional shots in the midst of a concert.

I know that GNR is ok with cameras, that was my point...