GNR in Bucureşti on sept. 21st

STARABOSTES

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then again, most people are retards.

Still, I think people would recognize a great performance if they were in front of one.

From what I've seen on the news, most people were disappointed.

why?

Axl, his voice, band's performance overall. They interviewed many people after the show, only one good review.

Then again, most people are retards.

Still, I think people would recognize a great performance if they were in front of one.

From what I've seen on the news, most people were disappointed.

why?

Axl, his voice, band's performance overall. They interviewed many people after the show, only one good review.

What's wrong with his voice?

I so don't want to get into this on a forum full of Axl's die hard fans. Let's just say it didn't sound like it used to. I don't know, I wasn't there, these were people's thoughts after the show. Don't shoot the messenger.

What the fuck are these people talking about? Judging from these past few clips, his voice sounded incredible. Its got that razor-edge quality that defined Axl as a singer in the past. It's incredibly powerful. Were people expecting clean, Appetite-like vocals?

Edited by IndiannaRose

I so don't want to get into this on a forum full of Axl's die hard fans. Let's just say it didn't sound like it used to. I don't know, I wasn't there, these were people's thoughts after the show. Don't shoot the messenger.

This says it all

The people wich I quoted were. ;)

What the fuck are these people talking about? Judging from these past few clips, his voice sounded incredible. Its got that razor-edge quality that defined Axl as a singer in the past. It's incredibly powerful. Were people expecting clean, Appetite-like vocals?

They probably expected to see the old band.

The irony being people complaining that Axl's voice wasn't what it used to be when the band had NEVER EVER played in Bucarest before therefore had no idea what they were talking about.

Very good point :thumbsup:

The irony being people complaining that Axl's voice wasn't what it used to be when the band had NEVER EVER played in Bucarest before therefore had no idea what they were talking about.

Yes, cause I'm sure nobody knew his voice before the show.

"Knowing" his voice from recordings and knowing his voice from actually hearing it live are not the same thing.

Ali

Edited by Ali

So this means what? That if you heard his voice live and didn't like it, you don't have a say in it? Just cause you've never heard it live before. Yeah, that makes sense.

No. It means that if you haven't heard his voice live before you don't really know how his live voice now compares to the past. If you don't like it, fine. But, if you've never heard him sing live before, you don't have a sound basis for determining what a typical performance is for him. That's all.

Ali

So this means what? That if you heard his voice live and didn't like it, you don't have a say in it? Just cause you've never heard it live before. Yeah, that makes sense.

more like you don't have a say in it, since, as you said, you weren't at the concert. I

I was there. they rocked. I saw the crowd, I know the crowd. it was in some parts lame as it was at AC/DC. so I don't get it why you still push it here as an "messenger" for the people who didn't like it. I for one think it's ok that there are people who like it or don't.

more like you don't have a say in it, since, as you said, you weren't at the concert. I

I was there. they rocked. I saw the crowd, I know the crowd. it was in some parts lame as it was at AC/DC. so I don't get it why you still push it here as an "messenger" for the people who didn't like it. I for one think it's ok that there are people who like it or don't.

I wasn't expressing my personal opinion! Geez. Don't try to make it sound like I don't make a valid point There were people that didn't like the concert. I personally heard many awful reviews. I just said what I've heard and I know it seems impossible for you since Axl can do no wrong for you guys but there were people that hated it. Accept their opinions and move the fuck on!

Edited by -Laura-

I wasn't expressing my personal opinion! Geez. Don't try to make it sound like I don't make a valid point There were people that didn't like the concert. I personally heard many awful reviews. I just said what I've heard and I know it seems impossible for you since Axl can do no wrong for you guys but there were people that hated it. Accept their opinions and move the fuck on!

My only problem with what you said is that you claimed people said his voice didn't sound like it used to. If they've never played in that city before, how can the majority of these people possibly know what Axl's voice used to sound like live? Studio to live isn't really a valid comparison especially for a guy like Axl that has always been an active frontman.

If you didn't like it, fine. But, if you've never seen him sing live before, you really don't know what a typical performance from him was in the past. That's all.

Ali