GNR in Bucureşti on sept. 21st

STARABOSTES

so, I've erased the first post, which in short was about how the rumors about the show were confirmed, and how was the press reaction on it.

posted on 18.09.2010.

ok now. almost in dacians land!

WELCOME GUNS N' ROSES TO MY HOME! (in Gary Oldman's interpretation of Count Dracula, minute 2.20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0JWn4HQQ3M&feature=related.)

for people from the bord, who want to meet with me and my friends before the show

- it's cool if GNR WILL COME for a drink, and for a short n' conclusive history of this lands, it will be on me :D -

we'll be there around 17h.

and if that will cause the show to go late for 2 hours, well :shrugs: what can I say! :D

here is the place QUE PASA Str. General David Praporgescu, Nr. 13

Bucuresti, Romania

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rlz=1C1CHMB_roRO300RO304&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=QUE+PASA+in+bucuresti&fb=1&hq=QUE+PASA&hnear=Bucuresti+021689,+Romania&cid=17546766618281878429 it's somewere behind Piata Universitatii (University's Plaza).

when I was there last, they've put on "Rocket Queen" (it was when Rammstei had their concert here, in June this year) so, naturally, that's a place to start the journey to the GNR show! :thumbsup:

See ya all there (at the bar or at the show)!

posted 20 sept.

concert location is

Romexpo

Marasti Blvd, no. 65-67

011465 Bucureşti

Romania

it's outdoors. http://www.romexpo.org/harta/index.html in a parking lot. it's the same place were Sonisphere Festival was held http://poze1.bestmusic.ro/?mmid=1827a8aed52061361

tomorrow it's going to be a sunny day http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Bucuresti,%20Romania&wuSelect=WEATHER

Setlist

01. Chinese Democracy

02. Welcome To The Jungle

03. It's So Easy

04. Mr. Brownstone

05. Sorry

06. Better

07. Richard Fortus Solo (James Bond Theme)

08. Live And Let Die

09. This I Love

10. Rocket Queen

11. Dizzy Reed Solo (Ziggy Stardust)

12. Street Of Dreams

13. You Could Be Mine

14. Dj Ashba Solo (Ballad Of Death)

15. Sweet Child O' Mine

16. Band Jam (Another Brick In The Wall: Pt. II) / Axl Rose Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road / Someone Saved My Life Tonight)

17. November Rain

18. Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther Theme)

19. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

20. I.R.S.

21. Nightrain

Encore

22. Don't Cry

23. Madagascar

24. Whole Lotta Rosie

25. Band Jam (it's actually and instrumental song, they play it the same way at Belgrade too! )

26. Paradise City

* Axl sings: You know where you are? You're In The Jungle Transylvania

* It's a nice night, right? A relaxing evening...

* Looks like there's a full moon over Bucharest tonight...

* huge cheers when axl wears a romanian flag (it's with round cut in the middle, it's our symbol for revolution)

* don't cry with vocals

* Tommy & DJ are covered in the silver tape that they shoot at the end of pc, night!

thank you, who provide the updates! I was not able to do it live.

posted 28 September 2010

THANKS GNR FOR A GREAT SHOW! YOU ROCKED THIS PLACE! hope to see you soon!

Edited by roua gri

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just read in direct Google translation what I have posted at metalhead.ro and it's weird and hard to understand, so here is my own translation:

"GUNS N' ROSES EXISTS. THAT BOTHERS! WHY? BECAUSE:

-WHICH OTHER BAND CHANGED THE LEAD GUITARIST (TRACII GUNS- WHO GIVES HALF OF THE BANDS NAME), BASIST(OLE BEICH) AND DRUMMER(ROB GARDNER) IN IT'S FIRST 3 MOUNTS SINCE FORMATION, AND THE MAJORITY OF FANS DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS?

- WHAT OTHER BAND THROW OUT IT'S DRUMMER(STEVEN ADLER) WITH WHOM THEY RECORDED THE BEST DEBUT SELLING ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC - "APPETITE FOR DISTRUCTION", AND THE FANS HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THAT?

-WHICH OTHER BAND DROPS IT'S RHYTHM GUITARIST(IZZY) THE ONE WHO WROTE A LARGE PORTION OF THEIR HITS, AND FANS HAD NOTHING TO COMMENT ABOUT?

- WHAT OTHER BAND WAS THE FIRST TO SELL A DOUBLE ALBUM ("USE YOUR ILLUSION") AND TO GET PLATINUM FOR EACH ONE?

- WHICH OTHER BAND WAS AMONG THE FIRST TO HAVE WORLD TOUR WHICH LASTED FOR 2 YEARS?

- WHAT OTHER BAND HAD A LEAD GUITARIST(SLASH) WHO HAD LEFT THE BAND ON HIS ON WILL IN ORDER TO PROMOTE HIS SOLO ALBUM, AND FANS BELIEVED THAT IT WAS THE SINGERS'(AXL ROSE) FAULT THAT HE LEFT THE BAND?

- WHAT OTHER BAND HAD A LEAD GUITARIST(SLASH) WHO BECAME A "MEDIA WHORE", WHO SANG AND SINGS WITH EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SING WITH HIM, WITHOUT ANY RESPECT FOR HIS OWN TALENT AND THE STATUS HE ACHIEVED IN ROCK WORLD, AND HIS FANS BELIEVE THAT HE IS ONE OF "THE GREATEST" GUITARIST OF THE WORLD AND OF MUSIC HISTORY (DID HE EVER WRITE AN ALBUM WHICH CAN BE COMPARED TO ONE OF THE 6 OF JIMI HENDRIX OR EVEN TO ONE OF THE MORE YOUNGER GUITARIST SUCH AS JACK WHITE FROM "THE WITHE STRIPES"?)?

- WHICH OTHER BAND AFFORD TO WORK FOR APPROX. 1O YEARS AND SPEND AROUND 15 MIL. DOLLARS ON AN ALBUM("CHINESE DEMOCRACY")?

- WHAT OTHER BAND AFFORD TO PROMOTE THROUGH WORLD TOURS AN ALBUM("CHINESE DEMOCRACY") WHICH WASN'T YET OUT ON THE MARKET, IN 2001-2002, 2006-2007?!

- WHICH OTHER BAND STARTED IT'S FIRST WORLD TOUR AFTER 9 YEAR OF INACTIVITY WITH A RIOT -VANCOUVER 2002- AND ENDED IT ALSO WITH A RIOT - PHILADELPHIA 2002, AFTER ONLY PERFORMING 16 SHOWS OUT OF THE 30 SCHEDULED?

- WHAT OTHER BAND SOLD WHOLE STADIUMS AROUND THE GLOBE(2006-2007) PROMOTING AN ALBUM WHICH IT DIDN'T HAVE("CHINESE DEOMCRACY") WITH A CHANGED, BY LARGE, LINE-UP, FROM IT'S LAST SUCCESSFUL WORLD TOUR (1991-1993)?

- WHICH OTHER BAND LAUNCHED IT'S ALBUM("CHINESE DEMOCRACY") AFTER 15 YEAR SINCE THE LAST ONE, WITHOUT ANY PRESS CONFERENCE OR INTERVIEW AND WITHOUT ANY MUSIC VIDEO, AND IN LESS THEN A YEAR IT RECEIVED APPROX. 15 PLATINUM AROUND THE GLOBE?

- WHAT OTHER BAND STARTED A WORLD TOUR TO PROMOTE IT'S NEWEST ALBUM, A YEAR LATER?

- WHICH OTHER BAND HAS AN SINGER(AXL ROSE) WHO WITH JUST A DAY BEFORE THE WORLD TOUR WAS ABOUT TO START, -(as I wrote above) WHICH STARED A YEAR LATER THEN THE RELEASE OF THE ALBUM("CHINESE DEMOCRACY")- HAD KNOCK DOWN AN PAPARAZZI IN THE AIRPORT MINUTES BEFORE THE FLIGHT , RISKING THUS THE BEGINNING OF THE TOUR OR EVEN THE WHOLE TOUR?

THE ANSWER: GUNS N'FUCKING ROSES!

so, for the ones who love to hate this band - it's your business, but, -listen the song "Sorry" from "Chinese Democracy " album!

and, for those of you like this band, YOU HAVE FOR WHAT TO!- but listen the song- "Prostitute", the last from "Chinese Democracy" album! "

so, I posted it here, because it makes sense, doesn't it? :)

I'm checking and checking this news for two days now, but we don't know yet who is the promoter. It seems that is going to take place on 26 of september, but i'm not sure if this is true. I would be so happy if this will realy hapen. I was about buying a ticket for rome concert, but now I thought is better if I wait and see what hapens.

There were roumors about GNR coming to Romania in 2009, too, so I can.t trust anyone right now. It would be too beautiful to be true. I'm waiting for GNR and Axl since forever.

Anyway, the minute I find out I'll let you all know about it.

ROCK ON! GUNS N' FOCKIN' ROSES WILL ROCK THE COUNTRY OF DACIANS! :P

dacians were "real rockers" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacians according to some Greek historian they lived high up on the mountains, and archaeology it's been confirmed! they were the only ones to create a kingdom with over 80 stone citadels in Europe, beside romans and greeks.

they stood against the Roman empire for 2 centuries, between the I-st BP and I-st AD. to defeat them, the romans gather the creates of their army of arouns 200.000 soldiers, so this dacians were though motherfuckers! :D

just a short ancient history of this country! :D

Great news, can't f'n wait!

why? are you a Romanian or something? :)

anyway, I came here to let you all know that, the situation in Romania is as every where, meaning that there are people happy that the band is getting here and there are people complaining about....well you know, no need to really name it!

so, it's going to be an interesting experience going to this concert, 'cause I might just hurt somebody form the "complaining department of GNR" :D

the tickets are selling, hope there will be some left by the time I get my money this month!

Edited by roua gri

anyway, I came here to let you all know that, the situation in Romania is as every where, meaning that there are people happy that the band is getting here and there are people complaining about....well you know, no need to really name it!

so, it's going to be an interesting experience going to this concert, 'cause I might just hurt somebody form the "complaining department of GNR" :D

the tickets are selling, hope there will be some left by the time I get my money this month!

I bought my tickets yesterday :D Now I'm waiting for the concert! I can't wait! It seams like forever since 21 sept. rock3

About the stupid people, I think is better not to think about them. Anythink we do they still be stupid and I don't realy think they'll come anyway.

You can have a rezervation on eventim for 3 days if you choose to pay cash, so you can try this to be sure you'll get tickets.

PS: Am scris in engleza pt. ca m-am gandit ca nu este corect sa utilizam romana pe un site international

I bought my tickets yesterday :D Now I'm waiting for the concert! I can't wait! It seams like forever since 21 sept. rock3

About the stupid people, I think is better not to think about them. Anythink we do they still be stupid and I don't realy think they'll come anyway.

You can have a rezervation on eventim for 3 days if you choose to pay cash, so you can try this to be sure you'll get tickets.

PS: Am scris in engleza pt. ca m-am gandit ca nu este corect sa utilizam romana pe un site international

good for you! :thumbsup: for buying your ticket!

I know what are you saying about the tickets! it's just that first I have to have the money to buy it! so...I'm waiting patiently

as for the P.S. I got it! ;) it seems that we can leave messages at our profiles..

thanks for the offer, i'm not sure yet but i'll keep it in mind :D:thumbsup:

ok! :thumbsup::D

I found it really cool just the idea that you're considering coming here to see Guns! from all the places...

but hey... I understand, we have by far,the pretties women in Europe :D and great landscape and historical sites to visit too!

eba3cw.jpg

Hi, is it outdoor or indoor concert. What is Romexpo.

Thanks

well, when I was there, at Romexpo (which is a trade center), at Rammstein concert 2 weeks ago, it was outdoors. and it seems it's gonna be also outdoors for Guns, but who knows, sine it's going to happen in September?!

and you might search the net for "Romexpo" to get more info about it! :)