Anyone think A "Guns N' Roses Rock Band" game

Zanedog

I've never bought any of the guitar hero, rock band games but if I saw a GN'R one I would buy it straight away.

Didn't Axl mention in his chats that he was pissed off about 'Guitar Hero 3' where they included a cheat where you could apparentley unlock Slash to play on 'Welcome to the Jungle'?

If this is the case you can only imagine the new line up featuring.

For the older songs to appear in the game I would imagine the original members would need to give permission. If the classic line up were all excluded from the game I doubt they would consent to the use of the hit songs.

I can't see the game being released with songs just from Chinese Democracy so I doubt it will ever happen.

Didn't Axl mention in his chats that he was pissed off about 'Guitar Hero 3' where they included a cheat where you could apparentley unlock Slash to play on 'Welcome to the Jungle'?

It's not even a cheat. Slash is a playable character in the game, and "Welcome to the Jungle" is a playable song. Put two and two together and what do you get?

Slash playing Jungle.

It's not even a cheat. Slash is a playable character in the game, and "Welcome to the Jungle" is a playable song. Put two and two together and what do you get?

Slash playing Jungle.

Just read up on what Axl said about it.

'Him (Slash) being in Guitar Hero's fine but not when Activision is using Jungle & claiming no involvement of Slash,his or anyones image or VR or anyones music in either camp in promotion or commercials etc. I wasn't broadsided. I read about it as it moved along but Activision continually denied it right up to the release. Thats some low life chicanery on all of their parts'.

From this I think it's clear that Axl was not aware that Slash would be able to appear on Jungle. His advisors should of pointed out that with Slash being a playable character & Jungle being a playable song that this would happen. With the right advice I doubt Axl would of let Jungle appear in the game.

Slash playing Jungle.

Just read up on what Axl said about it.

'Him (Slash) being in Guitar Hero's fine but not when Activision is using Jungle & claiming no involvement of Slash,his or anyones image or VR or anyones music in either camp in promotion or commercials etc. I wasn't broadsided. I read about it as it moved along but Activision continually denied it right up to the release. Thats some low life chicanery on all of their parts'.

From this I think it's clear that Axl was not aware that Slash would be able to appear on Jungle. His advisors should of pointed out that with Slash being a playable character & Jungle being a playable song that this would happen. With the right advice I doubt Axl would of let Jungle appear in the game.

Give me a fucking break. Any lawyaer worth his weight in hollywood gold knows when an element of any piece of media is going to include a lawsuit. It's been weighed and measured. :rolleyes:

is he not recieving royalties?

Edited by AbominableHoman

The only thing I care about is a NEW song in Rock Band 3...Not because I'd want to play the game ( tried Guitar Hero, I suck at it while I can play the songs on an actual guitar :thumbsdown: ) but because I could listen to the song.

Other than this, yes, it would be great promotion for the band, but I can't say I really care about that.

Would never happen because it wouldn't sell without the original band being the characters on stage. Axl would never let that happen and Activision would never spend money developing a game with only the new band.

So, this whole thread is pointless.

Would never happen because it wouldn't sell without the original band being the characters on stage. Axl would never let that happen and Activision would never spend money developing a game with only the new band.

Yes as you are so misinformed as Activison do the Guitar Hero games, not Rock Band so your entire post was pointless.

Yes as you are so misinformed as Activison do the Guitar Hero games, not Rock Band so your entire post was pointless.

I get the two games mixed up all the time. Still, doesn't matter. EA is basically the same fucking company. Make a successful IP, rehash the same shit over and over and over again until people get sick of it and then move on.

I get the two games mixed up all the time. Still, doesn't matter. EA is basically the same fucking company. Make a successful IP, rehash the same shit over and over and over again until people get sick of it and then move on.

In the past year there have been 6/7 games in the Guitar Hero/ Hero Franchise.

And no Rock Band games from EA. Yeah really rehashing it, especially as in RB3 you can use a real guitar and actually play the real notes which no game has done before as realistically or accurately. Yeah really rehashing.