myles kennedy sucks

gunnerjames

also axl rose is the only singer that can sing anyone else's songs and better then the original.

Are you serious? :lol: I'm with you that Axl is very good when it comes to covering, but he's not the only great singer out there.

dude hasn't heard much music I guess... :shrugs:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only heard a few Alter Bridge songs, but they didn't really steal my attention, I might try them again at some point.

Mayfield Four, on the other hand, IS THE SHIT! Always, Carry On and Don't Walk Away - TUNES!

He's beyond awesome on Slash's album. Great overall, maybe lacking a bit in the hard-rock department though. I think he'd benefit if Nightrain was dropped from the setlist, but Slash likes it too much.

• 2 years later...

My bro saw Slash and MK in London, England a week or so ago, and loved them. He thought MK did a really good job, and Slash... Well he is just f'ing awesome.

S my bro sent me a couple of Utube links so I could share in the experience... Was I as gobsmacked as my little bro? Was I fuk. MK taking on the G'N'R songs... It was worse than cancer.

I listen to Guns'n'Roses probably every week, and have done so for over 20 years, so my expectations were probably high to begin with. What I was not expecting was a failure in such a grand manner. I watched about 8 minutes, but when he was half was through ass raping Nighttrain, I simply couldn't take it any longer.

HOWEVER... Lets face it, if you're going to fork out the cash to go and see Slash play, that is it, we really just want to bare witness to the demigod on the Les Paul... Who really gives a monkeys what the singer is like, that the drummer is a soulless automaton, bassist.. Well Duff sets the bar fairly high so he didn't have much of a chance there, the other guitarist was alright.

Slash is why we pay what we do, and why we go. And he's worth every damn pound, shilling and penny!

Edited by Sidders

He reminds me a bit of Jeff Buckley. Even looks a bit like him.

I think he actually does the GnR stuff much better than he does the VR stuff. Haven't heard him do a good rendition of Slither yet.

I do agree that he lacks a bit as a frontman. I like lead singers who have a 'love me or fuck off' attitude on stage. Myles kinda begs for the crowds love.

Please stop comparing Myles Kennedy to Jeff Buckley is blasphemous and wrong. Jeff had one of the greatest voices ever and amazing singing abilities Myles is good singer but he is nowhere near Jeff Buckley and his voice is totally different (though I like Myles much better in Alter Bridge than in Slash band, he doesn't sound like dying cat in Alter Bridge)

He reminds me a bit of Jeff Buckley. Even looks a bit like him.

I think he actually does the GnR stuff much better than he does the VR stuff. Haven't heard him do a good rendition of Slither yet.

I do agree that he lacks a bit as a frontman. I like lead singers who have a 'love me or fuck off' attitude on stage. Myles kinda begs for the crowds love.

Here ya go. He has a bit of a deeper voice than Jeff did, he prob. would do a good job with Tim Buckley's songs.

My bro saw Slash and MK in London, England a week or so ago, and loved them. He thought MK did a really good job, and Slash... Well he is just f'ing awesome.

S my bro sent me a couple of Utube links so I could share in the experience... Was I as gobsmacked as my little bro? Was I fuk. MK taking on the G'N'R songs... It was worse than cancer.

I listen to Guns'n'Roses probably every week, and have done so for over 20 years, so my expectations were probably high to begin with. What I was not expecting was a failure in such a grand manner. I watched about 8 minutes, but when he was half was through ass raping Nighttrain, I simply couldn't take it any longer.

HOWEVER... Lets face it, if you're going to fork out the cash to go and see Slash play, that is it, we really just want to bare witness to the demigod on the Les Paul... Who really gives a monkeys what the singer is like, that the drummer is a soulless automaton, bassist.. Well Duff sets the bar fairly high so he didn't have much of a chance there, the other guitarist was alright.

Slash is why we pay what we do, and why we go. And he's worth every damn pound, shilling and penny!

Please don't bump old threads, thank you.