How are the Reading/Leeds shows gonna go?

evergreen_layne

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the folk who throw stuff are going to lose either way. Either Axl is gonna leather the boy or someone else in the crowd will give them a kicking for trying to fuck up the show.

Exactly what I was attempting to convey,either way they lose,So why try it at all? Enjoy the show and don't be a jerk. :)

Basically if he shows up on time and is on form and ignores anyone throwing stuff it will be awesome.

Hopefully some amazing footage comes out of it.

Since when does Real Rock have time constraints? and I surmise everyone and their brother knows full well where throwing things at GNR will get you, It's not cool nor tolerated.

Yeah because the real rock went down well at Download didnt it?

Basically a crowd of 70,000 people who will have seen many big names turn up on stage on time will not want to stand around waiting for a band to turn up because they are 'real rock'.

It is tolerated at festivals, in fact it happens all the time.

Basically if he shows up on time and is on form and ignores anyone throwing stuff it will be awesome.

Since when does Real Rock have time constraints? and I surmise everyone and their brother knows full well where throwing things at GNR will get you, It's not cool nor tolerated.

Basically a crowd of 70,000 people who will have seen many big names turn up on stage on time will not want to stand around waiting for a band to turn up because they are 'real rock'.

Only two types of people throw things at the stage, Punks and Cunts, which one are you? and who cares about time at a concert? I don't.

Or well they just get lost in the moment and get won over by the Appetite stuff?

I think they have to establish themselves within the first 2-3 songs because CD is not the greatest opener. This audience will be different than the adoring fans who love whoever is in the band at the moment (Frank Ferrer's autograph!). This is a festival show and a lot of these people will have seen Slash's band already. I think it will be a real test. But then they can just play Jungle and life will be grand.

you're a dumbass.

In 2002 when Axl was not nearly as great as he is now the crowd loved the show. Keep dreamin' tho bud.

oh and if any Slashites plan on showing up to stir shit, Thank You for your contribution to the next album.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

Only two types of people throw things at the stage, Punks and Cunts, which one are you? and who cares about time at a concert? I don't.

I dont throw things at the stage, but it is tolerated as it happens all the time. Its a festival, crowds are not gunna enjoy waiting around for one bad, just because you think Axl may be such 'real rock' to do what he wants does not mean everyone will tolerate it.

There is no argument here, looking at Download in 06 should show you how things can go.

I dont throw things at the stage, but it is tolerated as it happens all the time. Its a festival, crowds are not gunna enjoy waiting around for one bad, just because you think Axl may be such 'real rock' to do what he wants does not mean everyone will tolerate it.

There is no argument here, looking at Download in 06 should show you how things can go.

thats one of the things that annoy the hell out of me at festivals, people throwing bottles back and forwards in between bands, if one of your favourite bands is playing and you want to get up close to the stage you cant cos you will get pelted with bottles! grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

thats one of the things that annoy the hell out of me at festivals, people throwing bottles back and forwards in between bands, if one of your favourite bands is playing and you want to get up close to the stage you cant cos you will get pelted with bottles! grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Yeah it does happen a lot but rarely is it a serious issue. I was up front for Aerosmith at Download this year and I only saw one thing thrown into the crowd, didnt see anything at the band. It is expected thou and if bands turn up late or mess around on stage then people will try to start trouble. Then again Rage Against The Machine came on stage twenty minutes late at Download but because they played an awesome set they had no issues with the crowd.

If it does happen and it does happen at Leeds/Reading then if Axl kicks up a fuss over it, it just encourages people to do it more. If it is just the odd bottle then ignore it, play the songs people love and anyone trying to start trouble wont have a chance.

Yeah it does happen a lot but rarely is it a serious issue. I was up front for Aerosmith at Download this year and I only saw one thing thrown into the crowd, didnt see anything at the band. It is expected thou and if bands turn up late or mess around on stage then people will try to start trouble. Then again Rage Against The Machine came on stage twenty minutes late at Download but because they played an awesome set they had no issues with the crowd.

If it does happen and it does happen at Leeds/Reading then if Axl kicks up a fuss over it, it just encourages people to do it more. If it is just the odd bottle then ignore it, play the songs people love and anyone trying to start trouble wont have a chance.

So basically ignore some twat that is trying to throw something that could potentially injure someone, you know that's not going to fly and it will be addressed, hope if someone fucks the show up the people around the idiot

kick his fucking ass, that would put a stop to the nonsense, why would someone buy a ticket just to ruin the concert? makes no sense whatsoever.

So basically ignore some twat that is trying to throw something that could potentially injure someone, you know that's not going to fly and it will be addressed, hope if someone fucks the show up the people around the idiot

kick his fucking ass, that would put a stop to the nonsense, why would someone buy a ticket just to ruin the concert? makes no sense whatsoever.

Its a festival, it happens. It isnt right but it is going to happen regardless. You keep bringing up stuff that is never going to happen, I am sure that bottles with be thrown at Leeds/Reading this year, and the next and the next and so on. Yes it can injure someone but so can jumping around, mosh pits, headbanging or so much stuff that happens at rock concerts but at the end of the day its gunna happen.

A lot of people wont buy a ticket for Guns N' Roses, theyll be there for other bands. This is what happened at Download. People didnt care about seeing the band, Axl started kicking up a fuss and it just encouraged people to keep doing it, they didnt care they may have just been there for Metallica so it didnt bother them. The only way to reduce to stuff thrown is to play the best show possible, its not a case of beating the hell out of everyone throwing anything its a case of playing a rock concert and winning the crowd over.

Its a festival, it happens. It isnt right but it is going to happen regardless. You keep bringing up stuff that is never going to happen, I am sure that bottles with be thrown at Leeds/Reading this year, and the next and the next and so on. Yes it can injure someone but so can jumping around, mosh pits, headbanging or so much stuff that happens at rock concerts but at the end of the day its gunna happen.

A lot of people wont buy a ticket for Guns N' Roses, theyll be there for other bands. This is what happened at Download. People didnt care about seeing the band, Axl started kicking up a fuss and it just encouraged people to keep doing it, they didnt care they may have just been there for Metallica so it didnt bother them. The only way to reduce to stuff thrown is to play the best show possible, its not a case of beating the hell out of everyone throwing anything its a case of playing a rock concert and winning the crowd over.

IMO GNR always puts on the best show possible but should not tolerate shit being thrown by some fucking idiot, "winning the crowd over" so they won't throw shit at the stage is flawed thinking, Do you condone throwing objects?

Would you like to be a target for this type of abuse? Didn't think so.

IMO GNR always puts on the best show possible but should not tolerate shit being thrown by some fucking idiot, "winning the crowd over" so they won't throw shit at the stage is flawed thinking

At a show being put on purely by Guns yes it is flawed, people will still do it, but it is a flawed idea of buying a ticket purely for one act just to throw stuff. No I don't think the band should tolerate it.

BUT.

At a festival, the rules change completely. Rarely anyone goes to a festival just to see one band, you go for the experience and the wide range of music on offer. In the case of Reading Festival the unfortunate truth is that Guns are not the big draw, that falls to The Libertines and Blink 182, in England those are two of the biggest acts around. On top of that, there is a lot of hate out there for this band and there will be people there both stupid and drunk enough to show this anger. Therefore the idea of "winning over the crowd," is one that the band will have to stick to if they want the show to go well. One or two things will get thrown, that goes without saying because as I said they're not the big draw and they are already starting with their back against the wall.

I really hope Axl will just get on with the show if something is thrown at him and only comment on it in-between songs. Stopping midway through Chinese Democracy will only encourage the idiots in the crowd to stick around and carry on in their little crusade.

Fingers crossed Guns bring their A game and tolerate anyting that goes wrong.

Edited by plonker88

IMO GNR always puts on the best show possible but should not tolerate shit being thrown by some fucking idiot, "winning the crowd over" so they won't throw shit at the stage is flawed thinking, Do you condone throwing objects?

Would you like to be a target for this type of abuse? Didn't think so.

If they turn up late its straight away not the best show possible.

That said I dont have a stance, it happens to every band. I have explained everything relating to it.

Edited by Rose UK

• 2 weeks later...

They are really gonna have to blow away the crowd. I was at Reading last summer and to call the crowd lame is an understatement, but English crowds are known for that. The Arctic Monkeys put on a really great show, as did the Prodigy and I couldn't believe the amount of people who were simply standing still. If Axl pulls out his old tricks I'm sure he'll win over the crowd.

Depends where you go in England.

Manchester is awesome, but the Midlands, particularly Birmingham is shit. I've seen all sorts of bands and most times the crowds suck.

GN'R in Hammersmith was excellent though, but I was fucked so would have been jumping around on my own!

Yeah that's true, it would be unfair to say all of England have unenthusiastic crowds. I was at that gig too, sat next to Brian May and Elle MacPherson.

Good seat! I was stalking the standing section near the back going nuts.

What did you think of the crowd for that one?

Like I said I was in my own world, but from my memory there was booing before the band came on stage, but once they (eventually) took the stage the crowd seemed to go nuts....

LP

Yeah this show was awesome I was in the standing section just outside the mosh pit area.

Axl's voice was great that night and the band totally ripped it up. Seeing the band is such a small venue was a real treat.