NIN: The Official Nine Inch Nails Worship Thread

Black Sabbath

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It kind of sounds like The Fragile era vocals and melodies mixed with a little bit of Pretty Hate Machine beats.

I like it a lot. I don't love it, but it's better than most of the songs on The Slip.

The album name is dumb though.

I slept on it, gave it another listen, and I actually really love this song. Find myself getting into the groove a lot. The layers really come together on multiple listens and its a really sexy electro-funk type jam. Sounds like Trent has been hanging out with Josh Homme a bit.

My expectations have been raised.

Album name is still dumb.

Love the album artwork.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

Surprisingly funky/catchy. One of those songs you can start singing along to halfway through the first listen.

Listened to it quite a few times since, it's kinda like something like The Hand That Feeds crossed with Discipline, but I prefer it to anything on The Slip.

UK non-festival dates, plz.

Guest Gunns

Not really ground breaking from trent, kinda predictable. It's not a bad track but I was expecting more, hopefully the other songs on the album will be more unique

The ending reminds me of the famous "closer" piano notes, you think it's going to sound the same but it goes up a note and sounds honestly to me " Haunted ". As if the memories of making The Downward

Spiral still haunts him, he came back haunted. If I'm not mistaken making the album and touring on TDS almost killed him as he said that he became the character he had written about....

" I came back haunted ".

:)

Guest Gunns

So far, everything post 'with teeth' hasn't really excited me all that much. That album was a standout, I hope the rest of the tracks on the soon to be released album are on par with with teeth songs in terms of quality

So far, everything post 'with teeth' hasn't really excited me all that much. That album was a standout, I hope the rest of the tracks on the soon to be released album are on par with with teeth songs in terms of quality

I LOVED "Year Zero."

I did too :). I missed the Year Zero tour but caught them on their Lights In The Sky tour which was pretty awesome :)

Guest NGOG

So he is going to be in NIN for the tour? Is Robin there?

I don't believe Belew was ever going to be part of the touring arrangements. Finck will play guitar on tour definitely. That's the motivation behind his return.

Shocked by the Belew exit! It seems everybody important to Trent's new ambition is dropping like flies before the thing even gets off the ground.

Guest NGOG

What I would also say is, what now happens to the longevity of Nine Inch Nails? Belew was cited by Trent as a massive inspiration for the resurgence of the project. Does he not revert back to being the sole creative influence after the current touring arrangements, or does he attempt to bring in another person of the stature of Belew and risk another high profile walk-out? Or does he just dissolve NIN entirely after touring the new record?

I don't believe Belew was ever going to be part of the touring arrangements. Finck will play guitar on tour definitely. That's the motivation behind his return.

Shocked by the Belew exit! It seems everybody important to Trent's new ambition is dropping like flies before the thing even gets off the ground.

Ahem

http://pitchfork.com/news/49681-trent-reznor-announces-the-return-of-nine-inch-nails-extensive-touring-for-2013-and-2014/

Guest NGOG

Ahem

http://pitchfork.com/news/49681-trent-reznor-announces-the-return-of-nine-inch-nails-extensive-touring-for-2013-and-2014/

The media also initially reported that Robin Finck would play bass.

Ahem

The media also initially reported that Robin Finck would play bass.

NOTE FROM TRENT:

Nine Inch Nails are touring this year.

I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked - which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.

The band is reinventing itself from scratch and will be comprised of Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Eustis, Ilan Rubin, and me. The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014.

Lots of details and dates to come. See you soon.

TR

That's not media, that's Trent.

• 2 weeks later...