Chinese Democracy - Alternative Art and Covers

ManetsBR

I wonder why they didn't use it. When Chinese Democracy was avaiable for pre-order at BestBuy they had 3 covers avaiable, Aa, Bb and Cc, but then we just had one, a poor version of Mythical Bike cover that then turned into the only officialy released.

146566.chinesedemocracy.jpg

Actually some copies of the alternative covers were really printed up.

From Russia with Love

34oyh3o.jpg

The 'Sorry' Assault Rifle? Check out what's written on it :lol:

Edited by ManetsBR

Never seen that assault rifle before, thanks for posting!

Don't forget this one: (Couldn't find a link to it as the album artwork, just the picture itself)

10217_bigpic-bg.jpg

Though my favourite design is this one, (wish it had been the album artwork):

Guns-N-Roses-Poster-486_15.jpg

That supposed real red hand looks like someone just printed it out and jammed it into their existing Chi Dem case.

No, there was a select few copies like that sold at Best Buy's.

And Harmonix used this cover when they were releasing Chinese Democracy for Rock Band 2.

What is that place? I started seeing it mentioned around here a few days ago, now it keeps popping up everywhere, and it's full of members from here anyway. What's the point, just post on MyGNR. Who made it anyway?

I browsed through it a bit and it looks to me like some sort of anti-HTGTH, it seems to have this 'fuck you Axl!' theme to it.

Too much politics in the GNR fans community if you ask me. It's just a band people, have some sense of proportion!

What I did was just take the booklet out, flip it over and slide it in backwards. It looks MUCH better. On a side note, they should have put "Guns N Roses" on top of the picture, "Chinese Democracy" below and left off that sorry ass "logo". God I hate that shit.

What is that place? I started seeing it mentioned around here a few days ago, now it keeps popping up everywhere, and it's full of members from here anyway. What's the point, just post on MyGNR. Who made it anyway?

I browsed through it a bit and it looks to me like some sort of anti-HTGTH, it seems to have this 'fuck you Axl!' theme to it.

Too much politics in the GNR fans community if you ask me. It's just a band people, have some sense of proportion!

MyGNR has some shitty members that don't know how to discuss.

+ Some of the members there were banned from here.

And some other reasons.

That supposed real red hand looks like someone just printed it out and jammed it into their existing Chi Dem case.

look at the side, there's extra chinese lettering on it, it's legit.

Guest King Of Spades

I really like the grenade cover for some reason.

^^

Didn't realize she just said that. <_<

The rifles say "from Russia with love" an the other writing say "best buy".

every single version of the 'alternative' covers are just awful. those shitty pictures with red hands and whatnot give me eye cancer. the bike is pretty boring but i prefer it.

BTW, those are cool too:

CD-1.jpg

this guy should've been on the sleeve. i dig him.