Appetite 4 Destruction Will Never Come to Rock Band/GH - Slash

sidman69

if you love overcharted songs, then go for guitar hero. Nothing like playing notes that don't exist or bass notes mixed with guitar notes.

Don't forget the amazingly realistic slider solos.

It's like I'm actually Slash!

Edited by bacardimayne

i dont think it will happen. i dont think axl has much interest in promoting the old band. which sucks. :thumbsdown:

its kind of funny they struck up opposing allegiances, guitar hero vs. rockband.

ill side with axl on this one as well.

There is a shock.

rockband is better.

or you can side with guitar hero based on slashs neat hat.

i dont make my mind up based on slashs endorsement deal. if that were the case i would go with GH, but not for slash, its all about buckethead - jordan.

Harmonix, the guys who develope Rock Band, actually did the first two Guitar Hero games, and "Jordan" was on these games. So really, the Rock Band guys were in charge of that, too.

you are right, i forgot. but im not really suprised. they know whats up.

I would be surprised if any back catalog stuff showed up on either RB or GH from here on out. Slash is not going to agree on licensing to RB because he is associated with GH, and vice versa for Axl regarding old stuff to GH. Getting them to agree on anything related to the back catalog is often like pulling teeth if one side has a particular vested interest or relationship with the party looking to license something.

Does Slash need to agree? I'm not sure personally who owns the rights to the licenses to whatever, but I'm sure most of you guys do. In the article it says that Axl has the rights to all of the licenses, but that doesn't seem right to me, so I'm wondering if they messed up in the article. But, if it is true, then Slash doesn't actually have to agree and we could see it in Rock Band.

Axl can do anything he wants with the new stuff as he owns 100% of it.

Does he?

What was the resolution of the lawsuits?

I think Slash and Duff got paid for CD, and thats why Axl didn't promote it.

I think thats been the hold up, this whole time.

i dont think axl has much interest in promoting the old band.

Well why didn't he just change name. Or go on without it?

No disrespect, but I think Axl is very much interested in making money off of the legacy; The only problem is, any kinda of promotion Axl does for GNR, will forever be linked to, and help Slash and vice versa.

I think Axl knows that, and hates that fact to such a degree - that he does nothing.

Also, who is to say that Slash and Duff aren't getting a 10% cut of cd sales. We don't really know the resolution to everything.

Yeah we know the Axl owns the name - but what are the details?

Though I agree in part, I'm not sure it's for the money, rather than for spite of the other band members getting called GnR. I think he dislikes the fact that guys who, in his mind, abandoned the band, make fame and profit off of its name. Not that this is really a moral reason for it, it makes more sense to me. Axl doesn't seem like he does any of this for the money. That was the original lure of GnR to me in the first place. They seemed real while many other bands of the late 80s and early 90s seemed very fake. So, I view Axl's position to be misguided, yet still genuine and not about money.

I doubt Axl kept the for money. Just like Axl said before, he is the last man standing. He was never fired, even though Slash and the other's seemingly couldn't stand him during the 90's and Axl turned into a prick with a huge ego, they still allowed him to be the voice of the band. I think Axl keeping the name is out of dignity, not out of greed. Even though he contiues to be disrespected, made fun of, and hated, plays in half filled arena's, and had the most anticipated album of all time be panned and called a flop by many people, he continues to go around with the name Guns N' Roses. He know's many people don't like it, but there are people, like me, that simply don't give a shit.

Even though Slash played a huge part in GN'R, Axl was the centerpiece. He was the irreplaceable one, not Slash. Why else do you think he wanted he name, for protection. He wanted to stay in the band, he wanted to be safe, no matter what. If was fired, the name would go with him. If he wanted the money, he would have reunited with the original band years ago! The is the highest profit he'll ever get, but he'll never do it!

Now after 20 or so years of existence, the name Guns N' Roses is still being kept alive by one man, Axl Rose.