Led Zeppelin Plagiarism (?)

dimitrisaxl

U mad? Zep's I-IV are better than anything any American blues artist has ever put out. Robert Plant is the best blues singer of all time. Waters and Wolf wish they had the vocal range and power that Plant had in his prime.

The Who sucked balls. Zep were and always will be the better band than those talentless pseudo-intellectuals. I can't decide who was the bigger hack, Townshend, Entwistle, Daltrey or Moon.

How can Zeppelin be better at something they basically made a career out of being a third rate immitation of? :lol: Plant had vocal power? Please, he sounds like a gerbil hanging by its tail over a blender. And The Who absolutely destroy Led Zeppelin, better drummer, more original band, better more rockin' songs...how the fuck was Keith Moon or Roger Daltrey or Entwhistle a psuedo intellectual, are you kidding me?!?! :lol: Keith Moon a pseudo intellectual, i like it :rofl-lol:

Led Zeppelin either are ripping off the fucking blues (and very badly at all, like Guns n Roses after them, they gave it a sort of grand sheen that robbed it of it simplicity and resultant power) or singing about the hobbit, the fucking hobbit?!?!?! :lol: I'm a grown fuckin man, i don't think i could face myself in the mirror every morning if i listened to a band that was basically like the musical version of Lord of the Rings, honestly, i'd reach for the fuckin razors that day.

You both are to the opposite extremes......

it's like they are both trying to out-bad post each other without knowing a thing they're talking about. <_<

I can understand and respect someones opinion when they say they don't care for an artists music but to say it sucks to me is pretty narrow minded....someone may not like an artists music but that does not mean it sucks.........

true, influence and longevity speak for theyself.

Someone actually hates Led Zeppelin? IS THIS SOME KIND OF FUCKING JOKE?

Nobody hates Zep, it's just not possible. We will catch lenny, and administer a battery of tests, as he is clearly a deviant of some sort. There are men already on the job.

And don't fight it lenny, it's for your own good. You'll see this in due time.

Edited by KBear

Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf etc are OK, but compared to Led Zeppelin they are just... :rofl-lol: Any blues fan who isn't racially biased against whites will acknowledge that the Zep are the gods of the blues.

WHAT?!?!?!?! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Fuck you :lol: Y'know what, this is obviously a fuckin wind up so i ain't gonna rise to the bait but honestly, seriously, a million Robert Plants and Jimmy Pages ain't worthy of carrying Muddys dick. Led Zeppelin are fuckin REALLY poor...as in fuckin cartoon ice cream truck jingle shit, Led Zeppelin is like...dilute brand juice compared to fuckin freshly squeezed, they are actually THAT fuckin shit.

Led Zeppelin :rofl-lol: This ain't even worth addressing, jesus, it's in the name how good they are, they're a Led Zeppelin and, at least in my case, thats exactly how they go over, like a Lead Zeppelin ;)

Keith Moon named em as a joke and thats what they remain to this day, a joke.

Led Zeppelin and bands like them and the Stones took what all the blues guys did and made it 100x better. Just cause it's cool to down the white man and you guys are all nice and confidant cause of Obama doesn't change history.

What Zeppelin did initially, was blues based, but they were never a blues band. Blues was just one of the things they did.

Had they been strictly blues, they would have been forgotten years ago.

Nobody hates Zep, it's just not possible. We will catch lenny, and administer a battery of tests, as he is clearly a deviant of some sort. There are men already on the job.

Going against the grain just to get a reaction. It worked.

This.

Also, they're shit.

They're shit but Kurt Cobain barely playing guitar and singing about how contagious he is is art and great.

And this.

Edited by st0n3r

What Zeppelin did initially, was blues based, but they were never a blues band. Blues was just one of the things they did.

Had they been strictly blues, they would have been forgotten years ago.

This. To compare them strictly to those older blues musicians doesn't make sense. They had blues influences just like they had influences from folk and the at-the-time new hard rock that the likes of Cream, Hendrix, and Deep Purple were creating, and the even-newer heavy metal in which they're sometimes seen as a pioneer (I'd assume Plant's vocals especially, as the high-soaring vocals are pretty much a trademark now).

Guest Len B'stard
They're shit but Kurt Cobain barely playing guitar and singing about how contagious he is is art and great.

I think so yes, sorry if it doesn't fit with your world view but i've got one of my own...just as valid as yours.

I've honestly given em a chance, i think i even made a thread about it although it was ages ago...i just don't like em dude, it's not impossible.

Led Zeppelin and bands like them and the Stones took what all the blues guys did and made it 100x better. Just cause it's cool to down the white man and you guys are all nice and confidant cause of Obama doesn't change history.

What in Gods name are you talking about?!?! It has nothing to do with downing the white man, you fuckin moron, you were just in the other thread with me where i was singing up The Stones so please, back off with the race shit cuz its got nothing to do with it. I don't think they made it 100x better, not by a long chalk but, at least in the case of The Stones, they're an amazing band, among the best of all times...and i dig any number of white guys doing the blues, The Stones, The Who, The Kinks, John Mayalls Bluesbreakers, Cream, the list is endless so how you figure my disliking Led Zeppelin is some kind of anti-white thing is just a tad fucking ridiculous. Look at my avatar dickweed, is he black? :lol: Honestly, how fuckin stupid can you get, i probably like more white artists than black.

And hey, Obama or no Obama, there is nothing about a pube mustache wearing jail-baiting hunting little suspect chin weasel like you that could make me anything less than confident, white, black, brown, purple, pink or blue ;)

Please, are you listening to yourself?!?! Just cuz someone doesn't like the band you like it means they're going against the grain for the sake of it. You must have a really high opinion of yourself if you think total strangers really give that much of a shit about your reactions, get off your fuckin high horse man. I suppose i'm going against the grain by liking The Beatles and The Stones and The Who too, huh? Arguably the three most mainstream popular bands in the history of rock n roll.

People are allowed to dislike Led Zeppelin y'know, it's not against the law, excuse me for having my own taste :rolleyes:

I'd say the credit for metal pioneering should go to the heavy riffage. They had the meanest heaviest riffs until Sabbath came along.

Yeah but Led Zep came onto the scene with I in '69, Sabbath came out with their first record in ''70, both bands formed around the same time in 1968.

I'd say the credit for metal pioneering should go to the heavy riffage. They had the meanest heaviest riffs until Sabbath came along.

Sabbath's debut only came out like a year, after, though. You're right, though, Page had some nasty riffs for the time. And let's not forget Ritchie Blackmore. In Rock came before Sabbath's debut and I could easily imagine that blowing some minds.

Guest Len B'stard
We agree on something.

I like a small handful of Zeppelin songs. I don't see why people are so in love with them.

Careful man, apparently not liking Zeppelin lowers your intelligence, makes you an attention seeker and, bizzarely, a racist :lol:

We agree on something.

I like a small handful of Zeppelin songs. I don't see why people are so in love with them.

Careful man, apparently not liking Zeppelin lowers your intelligence, makes you an attention seeker and, bizzarely, a racist :lol:

This thread would've been a lot different if you just said you didn't like 'em, you know. :)

I've honestly given em a chance, i think i even made a thread about it although it was ages ago...i just don't like em dude, it's not impossible.

I was just joking man, I thought it was obvious! Don't worry, nobody is coming for you. :D You are free to dislike Zeppelin, I've just not come across many who do.

We agree on something.

:lol:

Edited by KBear

We agree on something.

This thread would've been a lot different if you just said you didn't like 'em, you know. :)

pretty much, the little rant all but eliminated any chance of discussion...

Guest Len B'stard
pretty much, the little rant all but eliminated any chance of discussion...

Not in the least, i was only coarse with those that were being coarse, other than that i was making an assertion about my personal taste, centred, saying that i gave em a chance, i didn't dismiss them offhand, i professed even to liking certain songs to which your response was basically that my disliking Zeppelin was attention seeking, which is sort of a cop out.

I was even sticking up for them in one of the early posts, expanding on what ODS said about all the other blues artists appropriating each others shit. It's just...what sort of response do you expect in the face of comments like "anyone who isn't racially biased against whites know Zeppelin are better"?!?!

The message basically is like what we like or your opinion is invalid and you can't do that to people, just cuz you know more the history of a particular kind of music doesn't mean that anybody else that has an opinion on said subject is invalid. Thats just snobbery...its a god awful attitude. Like what we like or you don't count basically. When the whole point of the thread to some degree was an indictment of Zeppelin. But no, anyone who doesn't like what you like is basically just going against the grain to look cool, right...even though you don't know that person from Adam.

But whatever dude, more power to ya ;)

Edited by sugaraylen

How come people talk about Led Zep stealing from bluesmen when they stole just as much from folksingers?

They weren't playing the blues the way Clapton or ZZ Top were doing it. You had this mix of studio trickery as well as a tightknit band that were able to follow each other through 20 minute songs and keep up with each other. The interplay going on between all four of them is unbelievable. The Knebworth show is subpar but still better than Live Aid - unfortunately the Seattle footage wasn't up to par for Page to deem suitable for DVD. To me, had that 1977 tour gone through to the end, would've been a great time for Led Zep to break up. The 1979-1980 shows sound okay but you could see the writing on the wall as far as not being what they once were. People def. still wanted to see them, in the US, were still a pretty major force to be reckoned with as a live band, but the "wearing and tearing" on LZ was showing...prob. due to punk, the 1980 shows cut back the theatrics and tightened the songs up a bit.

I think Led Zep have left a great body of work and there's enough live show footage out there to get an idea of how good they were.

III is overlooked but if you listen to it from beginning to end, it's prob the most underrated album in the catalog.

It's just...what sort of response do you expect in the face of comments like "anyone who isn't racially biased against whites know Zeppelin are better"?!?!

Your first post in this thread was "they suck". I think thats a forseeable answer. Led Zep are one of the most influental bands of all time and those people obviously dont play blues. So there has to be anothe component of their music which you might have to discover yet. Led Zep consisted of highly talented and practised musicians. Thats a fact.

Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf etc are OK, but compared to Led Zeppelin they are just... :rofl-lol: Any blues fan who isn't racially biased against whites will acknowledge that the Zep are the gods of the blues.

Ignorance is bliss you cocksucker, go fuck yourself and while doing so learn a thing or two about the blues. Zeppelin is great and all they they couldn't even hold Robert Johnsons jock strap, or Muddys. Fuck you know who Buddy, he basically brought blues and rock together as one, B.B King is another great. Ever hear of the Allman Brothers? EASILY way more bluesy than Zeppelin and they were around before them, they brought blues, added jazz to it, a little dash of southern rock and gospel too. Or how about Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac? Peter Green was the guitarist to be in England in the mid to 60's to 72. And as for white blues players Clapton was the first major white blues guitarist.

This little paragraph isn't even a drop in the bucket as far as the history of blues... I know a lot about the blues......

Ignorance is bliss you cocksucker, go fuck yourself and while doing so learn a thing or two about the blues. Zeppelin is great and all they they couldn't even hold Robert Johnsons jock strap, or Muddys. Fuck you know who Buddy, he basically brought blues and rock together as one, B.B King is another great. Ever hear of the Allman Brothers? EASILY way more bluesy than Zeppelin and they were around before them, they brought blues, added jazz to it, a little dash of southern rock and gospel too. Or how about Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac? Peter Green was the guitarist to be in England in the mid to 60's to 72. And as for white blues players Clapton was the first major white blues guitarist.

This little paragraph isn't even a drop in the bucket as far as the history of blues... I know a lot about the blues......

Get fucked. That post was half sarcastic for starters. I love Muddy's work and Howlin Wolf's, but to say that Led Zeppelin "couldn't even hold Robert Johnson's jockstrap, or Muddy's" is ignorance at it's worst. You underestimate Led Zeppelin's influence on the entire fucking genre you cocksucking twit. Led Zep's first four albums are STILL the definitive blues based hard rock records.Or is it that hard for you to accept that a white man can sing the blues?

Allman brothers aren't much more bluesy than Zep 1, and don't have nearly as much good material.